Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Kiss Underwater

“Do we have to be completely submerged?” Jack asked as he looked over the list on the back of the door. “I mean… we already kissed in the rain… a lot… and we kiss in the shower… a lot… so is there really a point in doing it again? We’re gonna get sick if we keep going out in the rain.”

“Of course we have to be completely submerged. It says underwater. That means that we have to be under the water,” Alex retorted from where he was stretched out on the center of their bed.

“Well, can’t it wait until—”

“No, it can’t wait until.” The younger sat up on the mattress to cross his legs in front of himself as he stared down his partner. “We’re going in order. That means until we kiss underwater, we’re not moving on to anything else. We’re almost done with the list now, so there’s no point in changing the natural order of everything now. We could head down to the pool or something and—”

“There’s no way in hell I’m kissing you underwater at the local pool. I don’t even want to know how disgusting that water is. No amount of chlorine will be able to convince me that the water is clean enough to kiss you in. Honestly, I would probably feel less disgusting kissing you at the bottom of the ocean,” Jack said with a shake of his head. He turned toward his lover with that, away from the list and his (more than likely) impending doom.

“It doesn’t matter to me where you feel more comfortable,” Alex said, shrugging his shoulders. “We just gotta do it, okay? Kiss me underwater and I’ll be more than happy.”

Jack stuck his tongue out at that, receiving a similar gesture in return. “You’re such a pain,” he groaned.

Alex grinned at that. His voice became a few octaves higher before he was snapping back, “So why don’t you sell me and buy a rabbit instead?”

A mere roll of the eyes and the elder was exiting the room. He would’ve stayed to argue back in the way that he knew Alex wanted him to, but if he was being honest, he wasn’t sure how the next part was supposed to go. The sound of his boyfriend’s laughter chased him as he moved through the hall.

The older man made his way downstairs and into the kitchen as he did his best to recall what it could’ve been. A glass was pulled from the cupboard by the fridge, most of it was filled with water, and then ice cubes were added as he thought about it… and then it hit him.

“Dimples, can you come down here for a second?” he called.

The sound of footsteps could be heard, a loud thump as the younger stood from the bed followed by softer, resounding beats. When Alex’s head peeked around the entryway, Jack smiled sweetly and beckoned him forward with the hand not still holding his glass. The younger seemed to grow warier the closer he stepped toward his partner, and his squinted eyes widened when he was pulled into an unexpected kiss.

“What was that for?” he asked once they pulled apart only a moment later.

“We just kissed underwater,” Jack said. A simper stretched across his lips slowly as he waited for his partner to catch on to what he was saying. Alex’s eyebrows furrowed on his forehead before he was glancing skyward. Above their heads, Jack was holding his glass of water. “I figured that, y’know, if we can kiss under a mistletoe like this, why can’t we kiss underwater like this?”

Alex gave another laugh and a shake of the head. “You’re such a smart ass,” he commented after a handful of seconds had passed, grin still pulling the corners of his mouth up as he gazed lovingly at his partner.

Jack shrugged. “You give me too much credit.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this took me hours to write bc i kept getting distracted ha