Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Go Suit Shopping

When Alex heard the front door slam closed one early afternoon only about a week into May, he was more than ready to call the cops and beg for his life. After all, everything had been locked up behind Jack when he’d left that morning, and there was no way his boyfriend would be home that early for any reason ever. The elder was the provider, and he took great pride in it.

Except, instead of an intruder barging around the corner in a ski mask and gloves, a frustrated Lebanese man ambled into the room. None of it made sense at first, not until Alex took notice of what appeared to be a large stain down the front of his boyfriend’s suit.

“What happened?” he asked after a few moments of being ignored. Jack glanced up at the sound, but then his eyes slipped closed and he focused on his breathing.

“Fucking… okay, get this. So I’m on my way to this meeting that I was put in charge of, right? The one that I’ve been working on for weeks whenever I haven’t been doing schoolwork, a.k.a. the reason the list still isn’t completed yet? Yeah, so I’m running a bit late, and I turn the corner with all of the papers in my hand, everything’s going fine, the meeting room’s at the end of the hall and I can see that no one’s there yet so I’ve got enough time to set everything up… and then the fucking intern turned into the hallway and spilled not one, not two, but four cups of scorching coffee down the front of my suit and on all of the fucking work that I’ve done.”

All Alex could manage at first was a gasp as he processed what had happened and rushed forward to cup Jack’s face in his hands. “Are you okay, baby? Did you check for burns? Take your shirt off, I gotta make sure that you’re okay.”

“Dimples,” the elder mumbled, his lips puckered because of his cheeks being squished together, “I’m fine. They checked me before they sent me home. Mr. Sonos said that things happen and that the meeting would just need to be rescheduled for next week. Don’t worry, okay? I can reprint my report. I don’t know what I’m going to do about my suit, though. This is my best one, and I don’t think anything’s gonna get the stains out.”

Alex continued to look up into Jack’s eyes for a moment, the pads of his thumbs rubbing against rough stubble, before he sighed and let his arms drop to drape over his partner’s shoulders.

“I was looking at the list earlier, and conveniently, the next thing to do is go suit shopping. I’m thinking maybe that you knew it, too, and spilled coffee on yourself—”

“I did not!”

“—but if you wanna go shower and get into something more comfortable, we can do that today. Maybe we could wear them out to a fancy dinner or something, right? We can think of it as a… pre-celebration dinner for doing awesome with your meeting.”

Jack couldn’t even find it in himself to put up a fight (except for muttering another, “I didn’t do it on purpose,”) and simply accepted a kiss before trudging his way upstairs. Maybe it was time for a new suit anyway… if it wasn’t, Alex wouldn’t have made it an objective.

--- ---

“Have I ever told you how sexy you look in a suit?” Alex asked as he looked his partner over later that afternoon in the full body mirror before them. “I swear, if I could just rip it off of you right now… God, baby, you gotta get that one. No, don’t, I won’t be able to keep my hands off of you. Yeah, get it, please.”

Jack glanced up at the reflective surface from where he’d been checking out the fit of the jacket. Alex’s eyes were blown wide and his lip was caught tightly between his crooked front teeth.

“Could you just… undo the buttons on the jacket… yeah, just like that. Now can you, like… can you… undo some of the buttons on the shirt. Fuck, baby, you gotta get it. You can’t wear it to work or anything, but you gotta get it for me. You gotta wear it around for me, but not outside the house. Find something else for that, okay?”

“I don’t think the purpose of suit shopping was so that you could ogle at me,” Jack remarked before turning to face his boyfriend head on. The younger visibly gulped when he stepped forward and enveloped the Briton in his arms. With that, it was almost like Alex’s bones had turned to mush.

The elder watched on in amusement as his boyfriend slowly came back to reality. One by one, the gears all began to click back into place. Finally, they were all working enough for him to get out just one sentence: “How about we skip dinner tonight?”

Jack could definitely agree to that.
♠ ♠ ♠
this one was originally dress shopping so
my reference for jack's suit bc hot damn baby pls
in 23 hours i'll be of legal age to tap that fuck yeah