Status: progress

An Epic of Time Wasted

Tingly

I stared at the juice box he gave me and held it back out to him; my parents always opened my drinks and snacks for me. The boy smiled at me as he pocked a hole through the box with its straw. I was happy with the grape juice; mommy bought the same kind for me.
"So what's your name?" he asked
"Emmy"
He moved my hair so that it was not in my face.
"I'm Matt, hey stay right here I'm going to try and find your parents."
He picked up the house phone and walked off. Soon after, he was letting two police officers in to the house.
"Yeah hi, um I wasn’t sure who to call this little girl got in to the house and my parents went to a wedding."
The cop just stared at him "how old are you?"
Matt smiled "I'm ten."
They nodded and turned to me; one of the cops stepped in front of me and asked.
"What's your name beautiful?"
I turned to matt and held my arms out to him; he walked over and pulled me off the counter and on to him.
"Her names Emmy, she told me right before I called you," said matt.
The cops looked around the kitchen and back at me hugging matt.
"Okay kids we need your parent's number so we can call them."
Matt set me down and told me to wait for him to get back. While he ran off the cops started to ask me about my mommy and daddy.
"What are their names? Where do you live? What's your phone number? Do you know what happens to kids that lie?"
I ran to Matt's room, once more and cried "daddy!"
Matt just stared at me as I jumped in to his bed and cried in to the pillow. As I cried I started to feel the tingly sensation from before, I sat up frightened and looked around for an answer. All the colors swirled together, I couldn’t tell the difference between matt and the wall. My head hurt, I became nauseous so I closed my eyes and screamed for my daddy.
Within moments, I felt big arms around me and I heard my daddy's voice.
"Baby, I'm here shh daddy's here."
I opened my eyes to check and it was him. I was so excited to see him again it felt like weeks.
He kissed my cheek and then all over my face.
"Your safe now, daddy's got you."
I kissed my daddy on the cheek and hugged him. I let my eyes close for the last time that night secure in my fathers arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
M Shadows at ten must have been so funny!