Canon

forty five.

‘I couldn’t take it anymore,’ I defend covering my face from Niall, ‘I could not deal with him anymore. He never stops.’

‘Lizette…’ Niall sighs running a hand through his messy hair, ‘please, tell me that you’ve at least let them know that you’re okay.’

‘I left a note.’

‘Oh god, Lizette.’

‘Please, don’t make me go back.’

‘I swear Lizette, if your dad flies his ass all the way here I had nothing to do with it.’ Niall speaks after a few agonizingly long seconds. ‘This is all you, okay?’

‘I will take all the punishment.’ I agree holding back a smile, ‘I am really excited. Are you going to show me all of the places you used to hang out and where you grew up?’

‘We will not do anything until you call your parents so don’t get too excited. First thing in the morning you’re calling them.’

‘Deal.’ I retort, ‘where’s Greg?’

‘He’s at family’s house, I dropped him off earlier in the day.’

‘Don’t you think they’ll tell your mom that you’re here?’

‘That would require my mom actually recognizing her family or her past I should say. She’s cut everyone off while she lives in her fancy bubble with maids and gardeners.’ Niall rants from the driver’s seat, the annoyance thick in his voice. ‘You might want to get some sleep. We have about an hour drive.’ Niall suggests, I knew that he wanted to drop this conversation about his mom as soon as possible.

‘I can sleep once we get to the hotel.’ I reply, reaching over the middle console to hold Niall’s hand, ‘thank you for the ticket. I really needed this.’

‘Anything for you.’ He retorts briefly looking over at me.

Niall and I make it to this four-story, long building called Mullingar Park Hotel. Bright lights welcomed us as Niall parks the car in the front row of the parking lot. He grabs my luggage from the trunk and holds my hand leading me into the hotel.

‘In for the night, Mr. Horan?’ a tall, pencil-like man questions from beyond the dark wooden desk.

Niall simply nods as he places a hand on my back guiding me to the elevator. He presses the button and leans himself against the wall.

‘You look so damn good.’ Niall blurts giving me a slight poke, ‘I have missed you so much.’

‘I’ve missed you.’ I reply wrapping my arms around his neck to kiss him, ‘this is going to be a really good week.’

‘If your dad doesn’t set the town on fire looking for you.’ He smirks as the elevator doors slide open, ‘we’re right here.’

I follow Niall into a large, dark room. The room was much bigger than I anticipated. I figured that it was one of their pricier rooms in the hotel. He leaves my bags in the chair beside the bed before pulling his shirt over his head. I stare in awe at the swirls of ink that covered every inch of his body.

‘For you.’ Niall says handing me the shirt, fresh of his scent.

‘I am going to wash this flight off of me, okay?’ I smile kissing his jawline before heading into the bathroom.

The bathroom was just as spacious as the room I just left. A large glass shower with a sitting area rested in the corner while a fancy bathtub sat next to it.

‘This is impressive.’ I call, ‘I don’t think I’ve seen a tub this huge.’

‘I hear it’s big enough for two people.’ Niall calls out in return, I could practically see the growing smirk on his face already.

‘I am very much ahead of you.’ I confess pulling my shirt over my head before walking back to the doorway, ‘are you coming or what?’

Niall swallows hard enough that I could hear from across the room. A sly smile grows on his face as he rips his shirt off walking towards me. Niall hikes me into the air allowing me to wrap my legs around his torso. My skin felt hot brushed against Niall’s as he leaves lustful kisses on my shoulder.

‘I’ve missed you so much.’ I murmur shoving my fingers through his soft hair.

‘I’ve missed you.’ Niall responds pressing my back against the wall to support me. He uses one free hand to unhook the bra before yanking it to the ground. ‘I am about to show you just how much I missed you.’ Niall sets me down on the counter long enough to he could kick out of his black jeans and Calvin Klein briefs. ‘Shit. I didn’t bring any protection. I forgot them in the apartment and I would’ve got some but it slipped my mind.’

‘My bag.’ I smile placing a hand on his pink lips.

‘God I love you.’ Niall kisses me hard before hurrying into the other room to my bag.



‘How do you feel?’ Niall mutters into my hair as I nestle my way against him.

‘I feel really, really happy.’ I gush looking up at him with eyes full of admiration. ‘I love you.’

‘I love you.’ Niall repeats using his long, slender fingers to play with my hair.

In the morning, I slip on a striped tee shirt dress and a new pair of strappy sandals while Niall was fast asleep. I pull my hair back into a ponytail then apply my makeup for the day. Niall sits up in the bed extending his long arms with a long yawn.

‘I don’t know how in the hell I scored you.’ He speaks with his morning voice that gave me butterflies. ‘You’re so beautiful and so out of my league.’

‘I think the same thing about you.’ I crawl over into the bed and onto Niall’s stomach. ‘Good morning.’ I leave a kiss on his lips before sliding from the bed.

‘Don’t think that sweet talk is going to get you out of that phone call. My phone’s got international so get on it.’

‘Do I have to?’

‘I’m going to get dressed so we can get something eat and I’ll show you the city but you need to call them, Lizette. They’re probably worried.’

I call my mom who immediately answers the phone on the second ring. I could hear the stress and pain in her voice, which immediately ripped my heart from my chest.

‘Lizette?’

‘Hi mom.’ I sigh, ‘I’m sorry for leaving the way I did. It wasn’t right to scare you like that. It was reckless and irresponsible. I’m sorry, I’ll take punishment that you have out for me.’

‘You do not get to do that to us! We did not know whether you were dead or alive. Your father is out right now checking on tracking your phone location. You’ve had us worried sick!’

‘I’m sorry.’

‘You need to come home, Lizette. Please don’t make this any worse.’

‘I love you mom but I cannot come back and abide by every single one of dad’s ridiculous rules. I’m legal therefore he can’t make me come back.’

‘Lizette…’

‘I’ll call you back soon mom. I love you.’ I hang up the phone before she could protest anymore. Niall emerges from the bathroom, in a stripped shirt and a new pair of black jeans with his black Nikes.

‘I know that it wasn’t easy but I am proud of you.’ Niall wraps his arms around my waist, ‘now let’s go out and have some breakfast and I’ll take you anywhere you want to go.’

‘I’m so excited.’ I beam in return taking Niall’s hand in mine as we walk out of the hotel room. Today there were much more people in the lobby and in the hotel’s restaurant. I swing our hands back and forth as Niall pulls us over to the front desk.

‘Good morning sir, morning ma’am.’

‘Good morning.’ Niall leans forward to speak with the manager. ‘Could you have my car brought around? I had it parked in the garage.’

‘Certainly sir.’

Once Niall gets the car he walks me over to the passenger side and opens the door for me. Niall looks at his phone just as he starts the car up.

‘We gotta make a pit stop.’ He speaks pulling out of the parking lot, ‘it’s Greg.’

About half an hour later we come to a stop in front of a small brick house and Niall unfastens his seatbelt.

‘Do you want to come in?’

I had never met anyone in Niall’s family besides his father and his older brother. I nervously nod my head in return and go to get out of the car. Niall places a hand on my waist as we walk up the steps. A guy with a long ponytail swings the door open with a wide grin. I could feel Niall slightly push me behind him as the man stepped back to let us inside. Greg was sitting on the sofa laughing with some people around his age. He stands to his feet once he sees Niall and signals him to follow him outside.

‘What did you call me for?’

‘I just wanted to give you a fair warning that mum has been in contact with more people than you thought. Aunt Barbra said that she ran into her and she brought us up. I’m pretty sure that she invited her to gran’s birthday tomorrow night.’

‘She what?’

‘I’m just the messenger. Thought I’d give you a head’s up so you wouldn’t side tracked.’

‘Who said I was going in the first place?’

‘She is turning 85. I don’t think this is something you can just not show up especially if you’re right here in the city.’

‘I gotta go.’ Niall says in return before pushing right out of the house.

‘It was nice seeing you Lizzie.’ Greg waves.

‘You too.’ I smile before rushing out of the house to catch Niall.

I slide down into the car quietly. Niall doesn’t say a word and neither do I. If there was one thing I knew about Niall that if I asked him to talk about it he would completely shut down and push me away. So I waited, until he was ready and until he brought it up.
♠ ♠ ♠
finally a new chapter! firstly, i wanted to acknowledge that i haven't posted in a while which isn't good but i hope that everyone's still interested with the story. from now on, i'll be on it and there'll be a new chapter on mondays and fridays! come back on friday to see what happens next!