Status: active

Damaged Goods

I'm Holding My Breath For You

***Kellin's P.O.V.***

“Stop Austin,You’re killing me!” I yelled at him, before trying to knock the game controler out of his hand.

We’d been playing video games for hours and my eyes were starting to hurt from it. Alan left about half an hour ago to go to the store or something, not that we noticed, we were too immersed in our game. I heard the front door open but didn't bother to look up.

“Hey guys.” Alan said.

“Hey.” We both mumbled back, not really paying attention.

“Wow, you guys are too obsessed with that game. Good thing I have Vic, maybe he’ll talk to me.”

I snapped my head up as soon as he said the name, and sure enough, Vic was there, and he was looking directly at me. My first reaction was to look down and begin to fix my hair. Alan could have at least told me that he was coming over I would have tried to look decent. I haven’t talked to him since I kissed him at the hospital, so I knew this was gonna be awkward. What was he even doing here? Shouldn’t he be with his asshole of a boyfriend?

“Kellin, can you show him where his room is and where he can put his stuff?” Alan asked happily.

I looked over to him and gave him a slight glare because I knew he was doing this on purpose. He shot me a smile and went to go sit on the couch by Austin.

“Yea s-sure.” I mumbled.

I stood up, pulling the sleeves of my sweatshirt over my hands and motioned for him to follow me. We walked down the hallway and when we made it to the room I opened the door and walked in.

“This is it.” I said, not quite looking at him.

“Okay thanks.” He replied, walking past me and making his way to the bed, setting down his things.

I don’t know why, but I couldn’t get myself to leave the room, it felt as if I was glued in my spot. There was so much to say, the tension was eating at me and he’d only been here a couple of minutes.

“Look, I’m sorry.” I blurted.

“For what?” Vic asked, tearing his attention away from him phone and looking at me.

“Kissing you. I acted on impulse and now there’s this weird tension between us and it’s driving me crazy.” I admitted.

Vic nodded a bit and looked back down to his phone. I sighed, just before I began to walk out of the room, he spoke.

“It wasn't all your fault. I overreacted a little bit.”

“No, you didn’t. I was wrong, I got all in your personal space and I shouldn’t have. You told me that you were over me and I should have accepted that.” I said, swallowing the lump in my throat.

“Come over here.” He said, patting the space next to him on the bed.

I did as told and sat, crossing my legs, trying to ignore the pounding in my chest.

"Don't feel bad about it. I was just mad about Dylan not coming to spend time with me and I took it out on you. So, I'm sorry." He said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

His touch was so confirming and familiar, it was as if I could feel the love he had for me, it didn't seem like our relationship was over, maybe I was just being ridiculous and desperate, but that’s okay. I’d be desperate for him anyday.

“So... How are you and Dylan anyway?” I questioned.

“I’m kind of taking a break from him right now. It’s not working out.” He said lowly, looking down at the carpet.

I swear, when he said that I had to stop myself from grinning. Now that Dylan was out of the picture for a little while, I would be able to maybe step in and get him back. Maybe I was having a little too much hope, but that’s the least I could do.

-

***Vic’s P.O.V.***

I’d have to be lying if I said Kellin didn’t look cute right now. Alan and Austin finally convinced Kellin to make dinner for everyone, which was spaghetti. He was in the kitchen with a little apron on and he had flour all over his face from making the dish. I was trying to make myself see him as more of a friend than someone I was attracted to, but this wasn’t working.

“Where’s Alan and Austin?” I asked, sitting on the counter and enjoying my view of Kellin.

“They’re probably making out somewhere.” He mumbled, focusing on the pots in front of him.

I chuckled and looked down at my phone, which was buzzing as Mae texted me.

“Do they do that a lot?”

“Yeah,” Kellin smiled slightly, “I don’t mind it though. Just sometimes it makes me feel like I wanna be in a relationship. The single life is very lonely, and there’s a lot of usage of my right hand, if you know what I mean.” He giggled.

I laughed as well, even though that left a pretty amazing image in my head. But why didn’t he have a boyfriend? It’s not like Kellin wasn’t appealing enough to be in a relationship, I mean, he’s looks perfect. I was surprised he was single.

“Why aren’t you in one?” I wondered.

“I mean, I don’t wanna lead someone on when I know my heart is really with you.” He whispered, blushing and letting his bangs cover his face.

It was impossible for myself not to blush as well.

-

Dinner was made and we were all sitting at the table eating, Austin and Alan next to each other, and Kellin and I next to each other. The food was amazing, as always. I wondered who taught Kellin how to cook, because whoever it was, did a good job. I happened to notice that he wasn't eating much at all, but I decided not to comment on it, I just didn't think it was the right time.

“This is so good Kells. Thank you.” I smiled.

“You’re welcome.” He giggled.

I didn't miss the way his eyes lit up at the nickname. I missed seeing those huge blue orbs, but I had to remind myself to keep my distance. I would not let myself fall for him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: The Front Bottoms: Swimming Pool

school is killing me and I burned 4 of my fingers on a stove, so that's why this took forever to get uploaded.

thanks for commenting: HitchingToNeverland, Kellicxo, Madisonleeigh <------ I love you guys. And I also love long comments that tell me all your feels. c: