Status: active

Damaged Goods

It All Came Back Together Just To Fall Apart Again

***Vic’s P.O.V.***

I woke up the sound of Kellin’s soft snoring. I had to wake up early today to take Mae to the airport. When I told her that she couldn’t stay with me for awhile, she broke down crying. I wanted to feel bad for her, but I couldn’t, because every time I started to feel a little bad, I’d think of all the things she said to Kellin and how he probably felt at the time. I knew I wasn’t going to cut her off from my life completely, but I did know I needed to stay away from her for a while.

I looked over to the clock and decided that if I was gonna get to the airport on time I needed to get up and start get ready. I looked over at Kellin’s sleeping face one more time before leaning down and kissing his forehead. He was leaving tomorrow for the asylum and day by day leading up to it, he’s become more distant and jumpy, as if he was nervous.

I flung my lower half over the side of the bed and made a half-assed attempt to sit up. I tried again, pushing my upper half up with more force this time. I stood up and walked over to my dresser, pulling out some sweats and a T-shirt that I believe was Kellin’s.

“Where are you going?” I heard a soft, sweet voice say from over on the bed.

I turned around and smiled at the sight in front of me, Kellin laying on the bed with his hair splayed out all over the pillow, his eyes droopy from sleep.

“I’m going to go drop Mae off at the airport.”

“Oh, can I come?” He asked sleepily.

“Of course.” I smiled.

He got up and went to the dresser getting out one of my sweatshirts and some joggers. I watched as he slipped the clothes on over his bare chest and his boxers.

“So you’re really sending her back?” He asked, while slipping a beanie on his head.

“Yeah. I need to think about a lot of things. And I can’t do that with her around.” I sighed.

"I'm surprised. I didn't think you'd actually have the heart to send her back. I guess we'll see that when we get to the airport though." He said quietly.

"She hurt you, I'm not gonna let her stay in my house knowing the things she's said." I reasoned.

He nodded and finished toying with his hair before making his way to the bathroom to brush his teeth and I followed suit. He was being really quiet this morning, I knew it was because he knew he was going to the asylum tomorrow. We called them and everything and they agreed to further his treatment. It was going to be hard to get through to him, to make him realize why I'm doing this. The odd thing is, he hadn't been asking about it at all, whether I'd be visiting him or not. I knew he was mad, but I had something to make it up to him, I'd give it to him tonight.

We went down to the kitchen and I toasted a bagel while he made us some coffee. I could hear Mae stirring around in her room, probably trying to pack her stuff up. I grabbed the blueberry cream cheese from the fridge and smeared it onto the bagel, I wasn’t a huge fan of it, but I knew Kellin liked it so I bought some for the house in hopes that he’d eat some with a bagel. I grabbed half and put it on a plate, putting the other one on a separate one for him and joined him at the table, where he was sitting, drinking coffee and texting on his phone, with my cup of coffee sitting next to him.

“Thank you.” I said, grabbing the mug and sitting down.

He didn't even acknowledge my presence, he was too immersed in the conversation he was having. He’d been doing a lot of texting and late night phone calls. I had no idea who they were with or what they were about, because he’d always leave the room or angle his phone to where I couldn’t see his texts. I didn’t ask questions though, it was probably Alan who was texting and calling him. They were really close, so he was probably telling him how staying over here with me was going and how he felt about going back to the asylum. All of us bought plane tickets and they left tomorrow morning at 5am.

“I’m ready.” I heard from the doorway.

I looked over to see Mae standing there with her various suitcases in hand, some bags slung over her shoulder.

“Let me help you.” I mumbled, getting up and taking some of the heavier ones from her.

She looked like she’d been crying, and it made me feel like crying as well. I liked this girl, I had genuine feelings for her and now I felt kind of empty. When I looked at her I remembered all the amazing times we’ve had together and how much she’s been here for me, but on the other hand, what she did was unacceptable. I’d be able to forgive her, but it was going to take a while, especially because it pertained to Kellin, if she’d have said those horrible things to me, I wouldn't have gave a shit, but they were to Kellin and I absolutely give a shit about that.

We made it to the airport in 20 minutes, her plane started boarding in 15 minutes and that gave me the perfect amount of time to say goodbye, it wasn’t too short, so I wouldn’t feel rushed, but it wasn't too long to where I’d feel bad and end up changing my mind and telling her to stay.

-

***Kellin’s P.O.V***

I decided to stay outside the airport while they were saying their goodbyes. I felt as if they’d deserved some private time, since she was there for him when I wasn’t and they were very close, even though I’d hate to admit it.

I sat on a bench outside the glass doors, just wishing they’d hurry up so I could go home. A lot of things were going to go down soon and I had to mentally prepare myself. I sighed and stuffed my hands in my hoodie.

“You look like you need a cigarette.” The guy sitting next to me said, with his arm stretched out, cigarette in hand.

I didn't smoke regularly, but in times of stress like this, a cigarette sounded really good. I just couldn’t let Vic see me smoking it, he didn’t know anything about me having a cigarette every once in a while, and if he found out, he’d give me some bullshit lecture about how I was too young for it and crap like that.

“Thank you.” I said, taking it and placing it to my lips.

He put the lighter to the end and I inhaled slowly. While I was taking a drag, it took the time to examine the guy. He looked a bit older than me, he had a mop of long black hair on his head, dark brown eyes, he was really skinny with long legs and he spoke with an accent.

“I’m Cameron.” He said, holding out his rather large hand.

“Kellin.” I replied, taking his hand and shaking it.

“You look a little uneasy.” He observed.

I chuckled dryly.

“Yeah.” I replied.

We ended up talking for a little bit and exchanging phone numbers, just as friends of course. He lived in the area and was saying something about a band he he was in and he wanted me to see them play.
I saw Vic walking out the doors of the airport and it was obvious that he was a little distraught about Mae leaving. I quickly threw the remainder or the cigarette to the ground and stepped on it. I was too late though, Vic had saw me smoking, and that was another thing he had to lecture me about. I stood from my seat when Vic was close and turned around to say goodbye to Cameron.

“I’ll see you around.” I said.

“Sure thing. Make sure to text me or something. It’d be cool to hang out.”

“Will do.” I smiled.

We were back in the car and he was silent.

“I didn’t know you smoked.” He said, starting the car.

“I don’t.”

“That sure looked like smoking.” He replied.

“It’s every once in a while.” I reasoned. “When I’m stressed.”

“Why are you stressed?” He questioned.

If only he knew. I just sighed and closed my eyes. I didn’t have time for questions. We rode in silence for about 15 minutes. Vic reached his over and took my hand into his, squeezing it gently.

“Just don’t make it a habit. Okay?”

I sensed that he was being gentle because he didn't want to start an argument with me at the moment, and that was smart, because I was about ready to fly off the handle.

“I won’t.” I said quietly.

-
***Vic’s P.O.V***

I was leaving for work now. I’d promised Kellin that when I got back that I’d help him pack his stuff, but little did he know, that’s not all we’d be doing. I was planning on cooking him a home cooked meal and I had a little surprise for him as well.

“Have a good day.” He said quietly.
“You too. I’ll be back soon okay. Relax and sleep a bit.” I said, walking over to him in bed.

I brushed the hair out of his face and leaned down to kiss his lips softly. As soon as I tried to pull away, I was being pulled back down for another kiss. He kissed me with so much love and passion that I could barely stand it, like this was the last kiss he was ever going to give me, and it made me scared, it sent chills down my spine.

“I love you.” He squeaked.

“I love you too, Kells.”

-

I was on my way home from work and I was very excited to see Kellin. I went to the store to get some stuff to cook and I couldn’t wait to cook for him and then cuddle him all night. I opened the car door and skillfully balanced all of the bags on my arms without dropping anything. I found my key, opened the door and walked in.

“Kells!” I yelled.

I heard nothing. He must be sleep. Mike was still at work so he probably got bored and crashed. I walked up the stairs after setting down the stuff in the kitchen and headed to my room.

“Kellin?” I said, opening the door.

He wasn’t in my room. At that point, my mind started going haywire.

“Kells!” I screamed again.

Nothing.

I started jogging down the hallway to the bathroom and he wasn’t in there. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called his number. I heard buzzing from my room and I ran back in there. I found his phone on top of a piece of torn paper that read ‘I’m not going back there.’

What the fuck? No, he wouldn’t leave again, not after everything we went through. Not after how bad I told him it hurt me.

I knelt down and opened my drawers, and sure enough, all of Kellin’s stuff was gone.

“What the fuck?” I half-screamed, trying to hold back a sob.

Tears streamed down my face. I felt as if this was surreal. Would he really do this again? A wave of anger overcame me and I began to swear and throw things all over the room. I pulled the box with the necklace I bought for him out of my pocket and looked at it. I started to throw it, but I couldn’t. I ended up opening it. It was a little locket with a picture of us inside. I bought it for him so he wouldn’t be lonely when he went back to the asylum.

“Fuck you!” I yelled at no one.

I slouched down on my bed and let myself sob. I reached for my phone and dialed Alan’s number.

“Hello?” He answered.

“He’s fucking gone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: La Dispute: Andria

thanks for commenting: Madisonleeigh, Kellicxo, sapphyreblood, Misfit Toy and LitteMissCharms <---- thank you to those who commented <3

tell me what you think about Kellin leaving and where do you think he is?

(btw, I love long comments. c:)