Status: active

Damaged Goods

I Haven't Slept Very Well Since The Last Time That We Spoke

***Vic's P.O.V.***

Dylan and I were going through a little bit of a disagreement. Mae was flying in to visit and I planned to pick her up from the airport. Dylan has started to become a little overprotective and was asking a lot of questions about why I had to go pick her up. I know he had my best interests at heart and he was scared to lose me, but the questioning was getting annoying.

“So you’re going to go pick her up from the airport?” Dylan inquired.

I nodded and continued to strip my pajamas off and look for new clothes to change into.

“Why does she want you to come get her?”

“Maybe because she’s my best friend.” I said as if it was a dumb question.

“But aren’t you fucking her?” He said matter-of-factly.

“No. I am not having sex with Mae.” I sighed.

“But you’re attracted to her right?” He questioned.

“Why are you asking so many questions right now?” I snapped.

“Can you please just answer the question?” he sighed.

“Yes I am, I already told you that.”

“So you want to have sex with her.” Dylan said accusingly.

I looked over to him and gave him an annoyed look. Yea, I did find Mae attractive, but I did not want to have sex with her. I mean, until she came along, I didn’t even know I liked girls. I wasn’t going to pursue anything with her because I wasn’t completely sure of my sexuality yet and I did not want to fuck with her emotions. She was my best friend, not someone to experiment with.

“I’m sorry.” He sighed. “I get a little protective sometimes.” Dylan admitted.

“It’s fine.” I said, continuing to get ready.

“Can I at least go with you to the airport?”

I had to think about that one. I didn’t think that mixing Dylan and Mae was such a good idea.

“I don’t think that’d be best.” I said slowly.

“Fine.” He said quietly.

I know I’d just made him upset but I wasn’t trying to. I know that when I picked Mae up that she’d probably end up flirting with me because she always does and then it’d piss Dylan off even more. He got up from the bed and made his way to the kitchen.

I sighed and followed him in there.

“Dylan I j-”

“I don’t wanna talk right now.” He said calmly.

I just turned on my heel and made my way back to his bedroom. I put my beanie on, got my phone and my keys and walked back out to the kitchen.

“I’m leaving now.” I said, leaning against the doorway.

“See ya.” He said, not looking up at me.

I sighed and made my way over to him.

“Come by my house when you stop being so grumpy.” I said, getting up on my tip toes and kissing his cheek softly.

He didn’t even acknowledge my presence, I then made my way to the front of the house and let myself out. I know that Dylan wanted a commitment and he proved to me that he has changed but I could not handle being in a committed relationship at the moment. I mentally was not ready for it. Maybe I was being a dick for fucking him and not really defining our relationship, but I clearly told him before we started getting intimate that I was not looking for anything serious.

After a 15 minute drive, I made it to the airport and parked in the 30 minute parking spot. I walked in and went to gate number 5 which was where Mae told me she was at. I waited around until I saw her come out of the tunnel carrying loads of bags.

“Vic!” she screamed, dropping her bags and running towards me.

She immediately jumped onto me and wrapped her arms and legs around me, hanging on tight like a small child.

“Hey.” I laughed, holding on to her tight.

“I missed you so much, I’m not letting you go.” She giggled.

“We just saw each other last month.” I chuckled.

“That’s a long time!” She exclaimed.

“If you say so.” I said, grinning at her.

After a while I was able to pry her off of me, we got her bags and made our way to my car.

“I’m so excited to be here.” Mae said, holding on to my arm and squeezing it.

“I’m happy that you’re here.” I said, giving her a half smile.

She leaned over and gave me a side hug, choking me in the process.

-

We got back to my place and started to unpack her stuff in the guest room. She was staying a month, so she had quite a bit of stuff. I was currently putting away her stuff while she was making us some sandwiches, which I was grateful for because I was starving.

“Almost done?” She asked, bringing in the sandwiches.

“Yes, I’m expecting a tip.” I teased.

“Our friendship should be a good enough tip.” She giggled.

I was about to respond when I was rudely interrupted by my phone.

“Hello?” I said.

“Hi.” Dylan said on the other side.

“Hey.” I said dryly.

“Um, I’m sorry for being a jerk earlier today. And I wanted to know if I could come over.” He said nervously.

“Of course you can babe.” I said smiling.

“Okay I’ll be over in a bit hun.” He said before hanging up.

Dylan was such a sweetheart. To be honest, I felt a pang of guilt when he called apologizing. But I felt as if I could not be tied down to one person. I needed time to find myself and figure out what love was, because after I lost Kellin, I wasn't sure if I believed in it anymore.

I was happy that he was handling his anger and frustration towards me differently this time. There was no yelling, threatening or hitting. It was calm talking and expressing the way he feels, and when he felt overwhelmed he just old me that he didn't want to talk about it at the moment and I understood. I didn't want to push any buttons and turn him into his old self, I could honestly say that I was a little scared of that.

“Is that your boyfriend?” Mae asked.

“He’s not my boyfriend. But yes, that was him.” I sighed.

“Oh, is he coming over?”

“Yea, will you be okay hanging out with us together?”

“I would, but I’m having jet-lag, I think I need to get some sleep.” She reasoned.

“Okay. Just come on down if you change your mind.” I said, giving her a hug before exiting the room.

After about 10 minutes my doorbell rang. I ran to the door and was greeted by Dylan.

“Hi baby.” I mumbled, before giving him a kiss.

“Hey.” He smiled. “There’s a car that just pulled up into our driveway.” He said, pointing behind him.

“I’m not expecting anyone.” I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

I took Dylan’s hand and walked outside to see who it must be.

The doors to the car opened and I saw a head with a familiar mop of red hair pop out.

“Alan?!” I screamed, rushing over to embrace him in a hug.

I looked over and I saw Austin getting out of the car as well, he came over to me, flashing that familiar smile and gave me a bone-crushing hug.

“What are you guys doing here!?” I exclaimed.

“We moved here a while ago. We found out that you moved over here and we've been looking for you. We finally found you after accidentally going to your parents place, they gave us the address.” Austin explained.

“Oh my God, I missed you guys.” I grinned. “ You should come in so we can catch up.”

“Yea, sure.” Alan replied, “But wait a second.” He said, going back to the car and opening the back door.

“Kellin, get out.” He said.

“Wait, what?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Mayday Parade: Stay

Sorry it took so long. I've been so unmotivated.

thanks for commenting: swskellicptv, BlackThunder, Kellicxo and tonyandoli. <---- you are awesome.

I'll make a deal with you guys, if I get 10 comments on this chapter I'll upload another one tomorrow.