Status: active

Damaged Goods

I'm Trying Hard, Real Hard Everyday Not To Lose My Temper

***Kellin’s P.O.V.***

I just stood there and looked at him with my mouth hanging open. I know exactly what I wanted to say. I wanted to let him know that I still loved him with every bit of my heart and that I hated myself for ruining us and destroying what we could have become. But I know I couldn't tell him any of that off the bat. I wanted to ask him why he would ever go back to dealing with that Dylan guy, why he would settle for someone like him when he could have anyone in the world.

“I need to t-talk to you.” I said lowly.

“There is nothing to talk about.” He said sternly, turning away from me and going back to scurrying around the kitchen.

“Yes there is. Is that the same guy who you dated previously?” I asked in disbelief.

He didn’t say anything, he just continued to stare at the stove. I could not believe him. He would seriously go back to someone that vile? I never thought that he’d ever stoop that low again.

“Answer me.” I said sternly, suddenly getting a wave of confidence.

Vic quickly put down the spoon he was using to stir the food and turned to look at me.

“You have no right coming into my house and demanding answers from me.” He snapped, pointing an accusing finger at me.

“I cannot believe you. Why would you ever go back to him?” I said, ignoring his last statement.

“Because I fucking wanted to.” He countered.

“He beat the shit out of you!” I yell-whispered so the others wouldn’t hear us.

“That’s none of your business. I should have never told you in the first place.” Vic said, looking down and folding his arms.

“Is he still hitting you? I swear to God, Vic if he’s hitting you I’m going to go insane.” I whispered.

He stayed quiet and he bit his lip slightly. He looked down to the floor and shook his head.

“Are you s-sure?”

“Yea. I’m sure. Now that you’re done interrogating me, get out of my kitchen.” He said, glaring at me.

“I still have some things to talk to you about.”

“I don’t want to talk to you Kellin!” He said, throwing his hands up in the air. “I don’t want to even be around you. The only reason I’m letting you stay in my house right now is because of Alan and Austin. If you would have shown up on your own I wouldn't have even let you in. Kellin, I hate you.”

I didn’t move from where I was standing, I was kind of dumbfounded, I blinked my eyes a bit, trying to be strong and not let tears fall. He really hated me. I felt the harsh sting of defeat in my chest. I just began to look over everything that happened over the time we’d been apart.
I was stupid to think that I could even come in here and talk him into having a civil conversation with me. And it sucks to think that this person that I’m staring at was the love of my life a year ago, the person that I planned on waking up to every morning. He was literally everything I lived for, and now he’s telling me that he hates me.

“Did you not hear me?” He said, getting a teary eyed. “Leave!” He shouted.

I continued to stand there just looking at him. I didn’t even know what was going on in my own head at the moment.

“Get the fuck out of my kitchen.” He said, pounding the countertop with his fist.

Soon enough, everyone was in the kitchen trying to figure out what was going on. Alan and Austin were trying to coax me back into the living room and Dylan rushed over to Vic of course, to try to calm him down.

-

***Vic’s P.O.V***

“What happened baby?” Dylan said, enveloping me in a hug.

“Nothing, I just lost my temper.” I said quietly.

“What did he say to you?” He inquired, raising his eyebrow slightly.

“I wasn’t anything bad, that’s the thing. He just knows how to get under my skin.”

He continued to hug and kiss me until he was sure that I wasn’t upset anymore. I was so thankful for him. Who knows where I’d be without him. I don’t really think that he realizes how much he’s helped me and how much I appreciate him.

“You know I care about you a lot right?” I asked, looking up at him.

“Yes, I do.” He smiled

I leaned up and kissed him slowly.

We ended up finishing cooking dinner together, it took about 30 more minutes and we were setting the table. We cooked spaghetti and meatballs, salad and garlic bread. I was happy about our accomplishment and it almost made me forget about Kellin sitting in the living room. We looked over the table and decided that it was ready.

“Yay for teamwork.” I said, holding up both of my hands so Dylan could give me a highfive.

He slapped my hands, pulled me in and gave me a short peck on the lips.

“Stop being so cute.” He laughed, taking my hand and leading me towards the living room.

Once we were in there we saw Alan and Austin on the loveseat and Kellin on the recliner. It was obvious that Kellin had been crying because his eyes and face were red, I know he was trying to make it less obvious, but he couldn’t hide anything from me.

“The food is ready guys.” Dylan said happily.

“I’ll go get Mae and Mike.” I said, walking towards towards the guest room.

I knocked on the door lightly and peaked my head in.

“Hey sleepyhead.” I chuckled.

“Vic!” She exclaimed sleepily.

“We made dinner, are you hungry?” I asked.

“Yea.” She said, getting up and wrapping a blanket around herself.

“Just giving you a heads up, we have guests. Two of them are friends of mine, they’re really cool so you’ll get along with them fine. And Kellin is here.” I said, looking over to her.

“Seriously?” She gasped.

“Yea. Long story, I’m gonna go get Mike, I’ll explain later.”

I went upstairs and knocked on Mike’s door.

“Come in.” He said lowly.

“Hey.” I said smiling.

“Sup bro.” He smiled back.

Our relationship was getting a lot better after everything went down between him and Dylan. He has accepted the fact that Dylan was going to be in my life and I accepted the fact that I had to be respectful of my brother’s wishes even though he was younger than me. He already had enough stress on him because he was in high school and working a job, he didn't need me complicating everything even more. He was basically raising himself and he shouldn't have to do that .

“We cooked dinner and you should come down and eat with us.” I suggested.

“Okay.” He said, setting his laptop aside and getting up.

“I have some friends over, and by the way, Kellin is here.”

“What?”

“I’ll explain later.” I sighed.

Once we got downstairs everyone was seated at the table. I took a seat next to Dylan and began to pile food onto my plate, good thing we made a lot. Everyone was eating and having good conversation so it wasn't awkward at all despite the tension going on. There was tension between Kellin and I, Dylan and Kellin, Dylan and Mae and Kellin and Mae. It was a lot, but Dylan was good at keeping people entertained and acting like everything was alright.

We had been eating for about 30 minutes and we were almost done. Everything had gone smoothly until Mae started talking to Kellin.

“So Kellin, it’s been a while.” She said awkwardly.

Kellin looked at her and rolled his eyes.

“It’s been a while because I c-choose not to talk to you.” He said, looking down at his plate.

He hated Mae with a passion. He was convinced that I was cheating on him with her when we were in a relationship.

“So why don’t you like me again?” Mae asked.

Oh shit, can they please shut up? This was not the proper time or place to talk about this.

“Because you fucking ruined my relationship.”

That was false. I looked over to Kellin and gave him a stern look.

“That’s not true. You ruined it yourself.” I said interjected.

“Are you kidding me?” He yelled at me in disbelief.

Well this was escalating quickly.

“No I’m not fucking kidding you.” I countered.

“I can’t deal with this.” He said under his breath.

I can tell that I was pushing his buttons because his face was red and he was gripping the sides of his chair tightly.

“Exactly. You never want to deal with things, last time I tried to deal with things you punched me in the face.” I snapped.

“You wouldn’t let me leave!” He shouted, standing up.

“I was trying to hold on to our relationship, not just let it fucking walk out the door.” I said, standing as well.

“You let our relationship walk out the door the second you decided to cheat on me.” He screamed, bucking up to me as if he were going to hit me.

“I never cheated on you you fucking bastard!” I yelled, lunging at him.

Luckily for him Dylan was up and he pulled me back.

“Babe calm down.” He said.

Of course I wasn’t going to listen, I continued to lash out on him.

“I haven’t done shit to you but love you and take care of you.” I yelled, trying to get around Dylan. “I did everything for you. I worked all day everyday so I could come home and put food on our fucking table. I never cheated on you! You were the only person I wanted!” My eyes began to water and the tears started to spill over. “And all you’ve done to me is mess me up. I don’t even know who I am anymore because of you!” I screamed.

I continued to yell nonsense at Kellin and Dylan picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. He was carrying me out of the room and up the stairs, soon enough I was in my room. He laid me on the bed and didn’t say anything. He laid next to me and then pulled me on top of him. He just wrapped his arms around my waist tightly as I cried into his shirt. I was so fed up with Kellin’s crap, always acting like the victim when he ruined everything himself.

“It’s gonna be okay.” Dylan whispered, kissing the top of my head.

My crying began to calm down and my eyelids were getting heavy. Dylan could tell I was getting sleepy, so he helped me wiggle out of my jeans, took off my sweatshirt and tucked me into bed.

“I’m gonna go tell them to go home because it’s getting late and clean the kitchen, then I’ll be back to lay in bed with you okay?”

I nodded.

“Try and get some sleep angel.” He whispered, kissing my forehead.

He got up, turned the light off, walked over to the door and closed it behind himself. Sleep sounded like a good idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: TTSF - Quicksand

so yeah, Vic and Kellin are both losing their minds.

What do you think is going to happen between Vic and Dylan now that Kellin could possibly be around a lot? Comment and tell me what you think c:

thanks for commenting: Madisonleeigh, Kellicxo, crown-the-kellic, tonyandoli and sapphyreblood.