Status: active

Damaged Goods

I Think I Saw You In My Sleep, Darling

***Dylan’s P.O.V***

I woke up to a cold bed with empty sheets, I looked over at the clock and it was 2:30 a.m. It has been a couple of days since Alan, Austin and Kellin had been here. From what I understand, they had called Vic and apologised for Kellin’s behavior the next day. I honestly don’t know the full story about what happened between him and Vic, but Kellin must have meant a lot to Vic if he was reacting this way. I could tell by the way he got so angry when he came around.

Vic had a habit of waking up at odd times in the morning. He has been having really bad headaches and it has been hard for him to sleep. I genuinely felt bad for him. The headaches would come and go, one minute he would be fine, and the next he would be in so much pain.

I got out of bed and made my way downstairs managing not to trip over anything in the darkness. It was pitch black, so I had to feel my way to the living room. I stopped when I heard a little bit of movement.

“Baby are you in here?” I whispered.

“Yea.” He replied quietly.

I carefully walked over to the lamp and turned it on. I looked over to see Vic curled up in a ball in the corner of the couch drinking what I guessed to be a cup of tea.

“You okay?” I mumbled sleepily.

He shook his head.

“I haven’t slept for the past 3 days.” he said shakily. “I’m so tired.”

“Maybe we need to get you to a doctor.” I suggested, leaning against the wall for support.

He shook his head and looked down at the blanket that he was wrapped in. I would go other there so I could hug him and tell him everything is gonna be alright but he’s been very irritable. He hasn’t been too cuddly and sweet lately, I can’t blame him, if I hadn’t slept for 3 days I’d be on edge too. I just didn’t know what I could do to help.

“What can I do to help you?” I asked.

“Nothing, I’d just like to be alone right now.” He said softly.

I nodded, walked over to the lamp, shut it off and headed back upstairs. He’s thinking too hard, he always does, he overanalyzes things and it makes him worry. I don’t know if that was the reason that he can’t sleep but it’s my only guess.

***Vic’s P.O.V.***

I was so exhausted, my headaches were the main reason that I couldn’t sleep but also adding onto it was Kellin. At the moment he was texting me some off the wall things. I don’t know where this was all suddenly coming from, I had a feeling that he must be drunk or something to stir up this amount of emotion. He wouldn’t stop texting me saying how sorry he was and how he just wanted a chance to talk to me. I had to hold back from texting back something cruel that I didn’t mean because I know Kellin very well, at night is when he thinks a lot, which means he get’s really emotional and the last thing I wanted him to do was hurt himself because of something I said. I could just ignore him but even though I claimed that I hated him, I didn't and I needed to know that he was alright. My phone buzzed again and I looked down to see what he’d texted me now.

Kellin: Can I call you please? I need to hear your voice.

I looked down at the message and began to chew on my lip. I wanted to make sure he was okay and that he was not hurting himself, but I knew that once I answered his phone call and he started going on and on that’d I develop a soft spot for him, it was inevitable. I looked down at my phone and took a sip of tea out of the warm mug I was holding in my other hand. There was always going to be a soft spot for him though, no matter how hard I tried to hate him, I couldn’t. I sighed before carefully typing out my reply.

Me: Yea.

I looked at my phone screen and pushed send hastily so I wouldn’t have any second thoughts. I closed my eyes and waited in silence for my phone to start buzzing. I rested my chin on my knees thinking about the horrible headache I had. In the back of my head I know where it was coming from but I continued to deny it. They took the tumor out like they said they would. They said I’d be okay after my surgery so maybe this was just a temporary thing.

The buzzing of my phone snapped me out of my thoughts. I tapped on the screen, answering his call and held the phone to my ear.

“Hello?” I whispered so Dylan wouldn’t hear.

“Vic.” He sniffled.

Oh God, here it comes. His angelic voice was filing the speaker and it was almost too much for me to handle. He began to babble and cry about anything and everything and I was so confused as to what brought this sudden wave of emotion on.

“Kellin, I cannot understand anything you are saying.” I said over his babbling.

“Sorry I-I’m just overwhelmed.” He sniffled.

“Have you been drinking?” I asked.

“N-No, I'm sober.”

“So what made you decide to call me and tell me all of this?

“I can't hold it in anymore. All of the emotion I have been bottling up towards you has been toxic to my body and to my mind. Vic, it’s too much to handle.”

“Kell-”

“It’s killing me inside. Everything that happened between us since the day we met has been playing over and over in my head and I can’t get it out. I can’t get rid of this feeling of emptiness. I was a complete asshole for throwing what we had away. I just need it back, i’ll do anything to get it back.” He sobbed into the phone.

I let a tear fall down my cheek, remembering everything that’d we’d gone through. He was the one person I felt knew me like the back of his hand. When we got together we were no longer two people, we were one. But he can’t just do this to me, disappear for a year and then show up again randomly.

“You left for a year, Kellin.” I tried to get out without my voice cracking. “You can’t just do that to me and then show up like nothing happened.”

“I know, and I regret every second of it.”

“Listen, I have someone I really care about right now.” I said softly.

He didn’t say anything after that. I know it hurt him to know that I actually had someone else. And this person also happens to be someone that was the cause of all of my pain and insanity to begin with.

“I don’t understand how you can still care about him. You could have any person in the world and you chose him of all people.” Kellin spat.

“There’s more to the story than just falling into his arms again. It was a challenge to force myself to even sit in the same room with him again.” I explained.

“Love isn’t supposed to be like that. It’s supposed to come naturally. You shouldn’t have to force yourself to do anything.”

“I don’t even know if I believe in love anymore.” I admitted softly.

“Did I really mess you up that bad?” He cried.

I didn’t say anything, I just wanted to scream ‘yes you did, you asshole’ but I couldn’t. I sighed and quickly disregarded his question.

“It’s getting late.” I said, trailing off at the end.

“Can we meet up tomorrow so we can talk face to face?” Kellin squeaked.

“I don’t know about that.” I said. “That might cause a lot of shit between Dylan and I.”

“He doesn’t have to know where you are all of the time.”

“I dunno.” I said, biting my lip.

“Please.” He begged.

“I’ll think about it.” I answered.

“Okay.” He said quietly.

“Okay good night.”

“Good night, Vic.”

***Dylan’s P.O.V.***

I was laying in bed looking up at the blackness of the room. Thinking about what had just took place a couple minutes ago. Before I was able to finish making my way upstairs I was stopped in my tracks by Vic voice. I listened closer so I could hear what he was saying. I couldn't hear much, the only thing that I was able to decipher was ‘Kellin, I cannot understand anything you are saying.’ It shocked me to be honest. He acts like he can’t stand the kid, but he’s calling him behind my back. I should have known.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: La Dispute: Such Small Hands (everyone should know this one, it's the most overused La Dispute lyric/song ever)

Yea, this was a filler, but it does contain important information. I'm so excited for next chapter.

***10 comments= update tomorrow

thanks for commenting: Kellicxo, tonyandoli, crown-the-kellic, sapphyreblood, Madisonleeigh.