‹ Prequel: The Missy Diaries
Status: Expect updates to be slow at first.

Wonderless

Falling Asleep on a Stranger

"Your son!" Jukka repeated, his jaw dropping in shock.

Missy tuned out on the impending conversation. Jarno wa gobsmacked. Jarppi was smiling awkwardly.HP was lost for words. Missy could feel his eyes burning into her.

" Who's the father?"

Eventually she was snapped out of her daze by Jukka's question. She could feel her hands begin to get clammy again.

"I'd rather not answer that." She replied, staring at her hands.

Jukka got the hint, and possibly the wrong idea, but dropped it nonetheless. Nice save there, she thought to herself. She would have to come clean eventually, but she planned on stalling the truth for as long as possible.

It was obvious that Jukka as upset with Hanna for not telling her before and the atmosphere was becoming a little hostile, so Missy took the oppurtunity to make her escape.

Missy made her way outside in need of fresh air. Her cheeks were flustered and she felt light headed. She couldn't bring herself to think about the conversation she had just left inside. There were so many unanswered questions. Maybe Hanna would take it upon herself to answer them. Missy had never actually admitted that HP was the father to Hanna, but it must have been fairly obvious if she worked out the dates.

She heard footsteps approaching and saw that Jukka had made his way outside and was looking at her with an accusing look on his face.

" What?" demanded Missy, not noticing that HP had followed them. She turned around to see who Jukka was acknoledging and groaned, finding herself face to face with HP.

Missy tried to ignore the two men on either side of her and instead stared out into te night. How had things ended up like this? If she wasn't so distressed right now, she would burst out into laughter. It was altogether ridiculous.

"Can we talk?" HP asked after several moments of awkwardness.

Missy shrugged."About what?"

HP shot Jukka a meaningful glance. Jukka shook his head and went bak into the house. Missy wondered if the situation calmed down any. HP was still staring down at her. seeig him again brought back painful memories.

" Just spit it out HP. I haven't got all night." Missy was in no mood to for politeness. Despite the four year absence, nothing had changed between them. He was still the boy he had given her heart to. He was still the one who broke it.

"I'm sorry HP, but, I don't know what you want from me."

"It's just...a shock, seeing you here, I guess." He shrugged.

" Well I'm sorry." She sighed," I didn't mean to make life more difficult for you."

" No, you spent the past four years doing that." HP avoided making eye contact with her. She was shocked at his words. He used to be so gentle. So caring. So kind. What happened?

" Seriously HP? Are you that bitter?" Missy laughed, shaking he head." I thought you would hav moved on."

"Why did you bother coming back?" He stared at her angrily. She could feel the hatred in his words and couldn't believe he was being so spiteful.

" It's none of your business." She shot back, matching his hostile tone.

" Maybe it's because you got yourself knocked up and ran away because you couldn't cope!" HP rolled his eyes as if he had already worked her out.

That hit a nerve. Missy growled. " For your information my son is three years old and I've coped perfectly all this time!"

HP's eyes widened and Missy knew she should have kept her eyes shut. Surely he would do the math and realize the significance of those three years. She could feel her heart beat even faster as the gears in his head turned.

"Wow. You didn't waste any time after I left, did you." HP sneered.

" I've moved on." She replied delicately. Sure, now he thought she was a whore, but it was better than the truth.

" Well I've moved on too, so I'd appreciate it if you stayed away from me." He replied harshly.

Missy laughed at his pettiness."No problem. Just because we live in the same town doesn't mean we have to be in each others lives."

" Good so stay the fuck outta mine." HP snarled, turning away.

Missy watched him leave and just shook her head. He had become so bitter. To be fair, it was kinda her fault, but she didn't feel particularly remorseful at the moment. If he found out the truth about Zack, Missy's life was going to be turned upside down. He wasn't father material. She shuddered at the thought.

Driving home shortly after, Missy relayed the conversation in her head. Her motherly instincts had kicked in and she was prepared to do whatever it took to protect her son. If HP was to find out the truth, Missy had no idea what would happen to her family. Seeing HP had brought up old wounds.

The next weekend, Missy, Louis, and Zack went into town for the day. After parking at the mall, Missy climbed out of the car and handed Zack over to Louis. When she turned around after locking the door, she saw Jukka and Jarno getting out of the car parked opposite them. Before they could get away, Jukka was hurrying over to them, grinning broadly, with his eyes are fixed on the toddler in Louis's arms.

"Oh my goodness." He exclaimed once he was close enough to fully take in the sight of Zack.

Missy knew exactly what was going through his mind. It was clear he wanted to say something, but apparently was shocked to find the right words. Instead he just made eye contact with Zackwhile making eye contact with Missy and Louis.

"Hi Jukka. This is my boyfriend Louis." She introduced them before gesturing to her child. " and this is Zack."

"He's...cute." Jukka smiled, looking a little uneasy. " I just assumed he would be a lot younger though." Jarno had caught up to Jukka now, and appeared similarly shocked. He went to say something but Jukka cut him off.

" Oh yeah..." She smiled awkwardly," Well he's three."

" Really?" Jukka's eyes widened. He obviously calculated dates much quicker than his friend had.

Missy nodded, wondering how she could change the conversation. Jukka was exchanging suspicious looks with Jarno.

Eventually Missy managed to make her excuses before Jukka managed to bring up the stinking similarity between his friend and the child. Missy and Louis hurried away, but Missy could still feel their eyes in them as they hurried into the shopping center.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME I NEVER POSTED THE EPILOGUE THE MISSY DIARIES. I just happened to look at it today and saw that I never posted it.