Status: Enjoy reading

The Second Step: Sophomore Year

A Bittersweet Victory

We just came back from Winter Break two days ago. It has went mostly smoothly, but I am smack in the middle of the stress again. Surprisingly not from any of my classes. It is because of what my math teacher told me. She said that I should take the SAT this year as a sophomore in order to avoid having to study and take it as a junior. She also said that I should get around a perfect score if I want to go to my top colleges. So this brings another huge load of stress into my life. Time to start studying. But still I'm maintaining that this challenge is surmountable.

Despite academic worries, recently basketball has enveloped most of my focus. Over break I played a ton of ball and did fairly well. My coach introduced the possibility of bumping me down to JV, but I think he was just trying to scare me and the other players refused to let me go down. So that went away. But it inspired me to play my heart out and that really payed off over break. I'm still falling short of my expectations, but I am making progress.

Today we just played our league opener. The Varsity at our school hasn't won a league game in two years so it was bleak as we faced an extremely good team in years past. But the entire team played their asses off and we pulled off a huge win. The streak is broken. However I am ashamed with the way I have played. I have been so quiet in the games. This is mainly due to my lack of game time, but still I wish I could do more for the team. Oh and coach also spoke to two juniors about bumping them down so I now realize that he is implementing a scare tactic to make players work harder. But the main thing is that I CAN , I WILL, and I MUST work harder, do better in the games, and show what I'm capable of.