London Bridge Is Falling

Reasons For Unknown Theories

The next morning peered through the large glass wall. Selena made breakfast on her portable gas stove top. We joked around for a bit, forgetting about the past few days. We needed to pack up and find another place, find a better safe haven for us. As we walked towards the door, we heard boots stomp against the floor in the hallway.

"They're here" Lucy whispered.

A group of men busted in through the wall of windows and grabbed us. They pushed us down on the floor and tied black cloths around our eyes. I couldn't see anything, I thought for sure they'd kill us right there. They pulled us down a flight of stairs and into a truck, where we went to a location unknown. They unwrapped the cloths and pushed us out of the car.

"Welcome to Project Orin" A man said, smiling.

We were at a military base somewhere outside of London. Tons of body bags lined the asphalt. Men and women paced back and forth, yelling orders, gathering weapons and filling up the beds of trucks. We stood there, watching everyone in awe. A girl walked up to us, she was dressed in a skintight leather outfit, it looked like she had jumped into a pool of purple. Her blonde hair was in a perfect ponytail and her eyes were strikingly blue.

"We're not here to hurt you" She said. "My name is Jill, second in charge here" She signaled for us to follow her. We walked through a large hallway. In the rooms next to us were infected, I'm guessing for research.

"We're not the people who pursued you in the hospital with the traitor, Amanda. We're a group of Bio-terrorism fighters. When we heard about the virus, we came to London right away to study it. Just can't believe all of this was on purpose" She said, occasionally looking back at us.

"Tell us something we don't know" Luke said.

"In 48 hours, London will be sanitized"

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Vaporized" Jill said. "A bomb is gonna be put in the heart of London and in 48 hours, it'll be like England never existed, completely gone"

"A cover up" Lucy said.

"Exactly" Jill replied. "The melt down of a nuclear reactor...That's what they'll say. But it's up to us to expose the truth"

A few hours passed, Jill and the rest of us gathered up supplies so we could go into the city and find survivors. A group of men dropped us off near the London Eye. We eased our way onto the street, Luke following close behind me. I could tell he was scared, he definitely didn't want to be back out on the streets of London.
Jill led the way. We went deeper into London, there was absolutely no Infected so far. Occasionally, Jill would call out her branch of work and say she was friendly and taking survivors back to the base. Screams came from the building in front of us.

"Let's check it out" Jill said, taking off towards the building. Her purple high heeled boots clonked against the pavement.

We caught up to her, she turned the door handle and slowly opened the door. She looked at us and swallowed hard. Night set upon the bleakness of London, flashlights were necessary since there wasn't any power in the bombed district. In the building, there was a young woman, laying on the floor with blood pouring out everywhere.

"HQ" Jill said into her radio. "Found a survivor, she's badly injured. Need immediate extraction" There was nothing but static on her line.

The girl on the floor started convulsing wildly and puked blood onto Jill's boots. She was turning. As Jill aimed her gun at the girl, more Infected poured out of the room next to us. We abandoned the building and headed back to the London Eye. The Infected chased behind us. We ran as fast as we could, stopping to shoot when we were farther ahead.

"HQ, This is Jill. We need extraction, please respond!" She screamed into her headset. "HQ, respond!"

"Ground team, this is HQ" A man said, we all listened through our headsets. "Extraction is no longer necessary. You're on your own"

"Damnit!" Jill screamed. "Fucking HQ betrayed us...I knew they were part of it!"

"Jill, what do we do?" Luke asked.

"We hide somewhere" She yelled.

We stopped shooting and ran for the nearest hiding spot. I remember this place, Donna's apartment. Jill shut the door and locked it behind us. This brought back memories, Donna patching up Scarlet, Jake and I feasting like kings. There was a small crash upstairs, like a glass cup falling over. We slowly made our way up the stairs, Jill and the others checked the bedroom on the left, I checked the one on the right. I eased open the door and shined my flashlight around. The light reflected off of a badge, a badge that read 'Scarlet Lema'
I ran towards her but she pushed herself against the wall, making a large amount of space between us.

"Scarlet, It's me...Dylan"

Her eyes widened and she stood up, she looked the same as she did when I left her. She ran up to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Dylan...I'm so glad to see you. I seen Jake's body at the end of the tunnel...I was so worried you hadn't made it out of London. Why'd you come back?" She asked.

"Paris became infested with those things, I came back looking for help, but found none" I pulled her back into a hug. I was so glad that she was alive, Jake would have been glad too. "C'mon, there's survivors downstairs"

We all regrouped and talked about the Vaporizing bomb that was supposed to be let off in a day now. We all fell asleep comfortably. Then as soon as the sun rose, we were back outside, wandering the street. It was getting colder, the winter months were upon us. We walked and walked until we finally found a safe place to rest.

"Scarlet, do you still have Finn's contact info?" I asked.

"Yeah...I do" She turned on her radio and entered the short wave information. "Finn, This is Scarlet, come in"

"Scarlet?!" He said, frantically. "I thought you were dead"

"I thought I was too" She said. "I'm here with Dylan and some survivors, we need an extraction by tomorrow or we're all gonna be dust"

"Oh shit" Finn said. "Make your way to the carnival out in the field. I'll be there soon"

"Got it" Scarlet said.

We packed up and headed to the field. We will either be vaporized or saved by tomorrow...Hopefully we can make it out of this hell hole in time. We crossed the street and hopped over the fence that separated the field from the city. We sat and waited for hours, still nothing. Scarlet tried to get a hold of Finn, but he was nowhere to be found. As of now, it looked like we were screwed.