Strength of the World

Date night

We didn’t stay much longer at my grandparents place because Matt said he had some stuff he had to go do I was kind of freaking out a bit with but I just discovered, one I could talk to Matt through my thoughts so that was a sign pointing to him being my Mate and two he wouldn’t answer my questions until the date tonight I couldn’t wait that long to find out! The car ride home was quiet the only thing that I could hear was the music from the radio playing but I wasn’t really paying attention to that I had so much running through my mind it was crazy.

When we got back to the mansion Matt told me he had some stuff to do and that he would pick me up at 6 tonight I just nodded and walked into the house and went to find May I thought she might be in the lounge room but only Brian was there.

“Do you know where May is?” I asked him

“Yeah she is in our room” he said before he could say anything else I went running up to her room I knocked on the door and she opened the door with a smile but then her face changed.

“What happened?” she asked pulling me into the room.

“I think Matt is my mate”

I told her everything that had happened when we went to my Grandparents and she sat there and listen not saying anything til the end.

“So my guess is that his going to take you out somewhere really nice and explain everything to you” she told me

“I don’t even know if I want to find out everything” I told her she just smiled and patted my shoulder

“I know it has been a lot these past couple of weeks but everyone will help you through this” she said giving me a hug, I hugged her back and sighed a little.

“So what are you planning on wearing tonight?’ she asked my eyes went wide for a second when she asked me that…what was I going to wear I had no idea where he was going to take me so I had no idea what would be good.

“Ask him if you can get a hint of where he is taking you” she said I went to get out my phone and I heard May laugh and I looked up at her and gave her a funny look.

“He won’t answer his phone quickly so it’s easier just to talk to him” she told me I got what she meant but it was really weird talking to someone through thoughts.

‘Matt can I get a hint of what I should wear tonight?’ I asked not a moment later he responded back.

‘Where something semi formal but don’t wear heels’ he told me I didn’t say anything back and told May what he said.

“Okay let’s look through my stuff im sure I have something perfect for you” she said going into her closet.

“Cant I just go get some of my stuff?” I asked

“No it will be easier just to borrow my stuff instead of going to your place” she said she showed me a dress and I shook my head I was not wearing that dress it was to showy.

She came out holding a high-low dress with zebra print on the skirt with the colours blues and purple the top was black.

“Oh that’s pretty” I said getting up to have a better look

“And it would be perfect for tonight” she told me I smiled and nodded I left my make-up the way it was and May gave me a couple of rings to wear since the rest of my jewellery went with what I was going to wear.

May told me to sit down so she could do my hair I did as told, as she was doing my hair I let my mind wonder about what Matt had planned for tonight.

‘You will have to wait and see’ I heard him say I jumped a big because I didn’t expect him to talk to him.

‘Can you like knock or something next time’ I told him I heard him chuckle.

‘Do you want me to say knock knock next time’ he asked in a smart ass tone.

‘Don’t be a smart ass’ I told him

“Talking to Matt are we?” May asked I blushed a bit and nodded

“How did you know?” I asked her

“I could see the look in your eyes and you made a face so he must of said something” she said I told her he was being a smart ass and she just laughed and said that his only like that with people he knows/likes which made me blush a tad more.

By the time May had finished my hair I had about an hour before Matt was going to pick me up I had no idea what I was going to do and May told me I couldn’t go down stairs in case Matt was there and she didn’t want him to see me until it was time.

May had given me a book to read it was about the moonlight pack which was my grandparent’s pack I guess my pack now to. The moonlight pack was the highest ranking pack and no one messed with them because if they did there would be trouble I also read how Gran was a really badass alpha as I would put it, it said she was brave and that people respected and trusted her which I hope some day everyone will be like towards me but It will be hard to live up to those standards.

I didn’t realize by time I had read half of the book it was time for the date I would have kept reading if Matt didn’t talk to me.

‘Are you ready or are you backing out?’ I heard him say

‘oh I’m sorry I was reading and didn’t know the time ill be right down’ I said putting the book down looking at myself one last time and walking out of the room and down the stairs to see Matt standing at the bottom.

When he saw me he had the biggest smile on his face it showed his dimples that just made me melt wait I shouldn’t have thought that because I swear his smile just turned into a grin.

“You look beautiful” he told me once I was at the bottom of the stairs I blushed and said thank you. He put his hand out for me to take and when I did we went to his car and again being the gentleman he is he opened the car door for me.

I tried to ask where he was taking me but he told me it’s a surprise and wouldn’t even give me a hint. We arrived at the beach and the place was empty Matt opened the door for me again and asked for my hand he told me to close my eyes and I give him a look and he laughed but told me to trust him so I did as told and closed my eyes he lead me down onto the beach I knew this because I could feel the sand we stopped and he told me to open my eyes.

When I did I was shocked and surprised at what was in front of me there was a table for two set up facing the ocean and there were wood lights around the tables lighting up the area.

“Wow this is beautiful Matt” I told him looking up at him he smiled and gave my hand a squeeze.

“I had some help but im glad you like it” he said leading me to the table.

We sat down and he poured me a drink and then himself one.

“Cheers to a beautiful night” he said raising his drink we clinked glasses and took a drink I looked at him to see he was looking out at the ocean I had so many questions to ask but I didn’t want to ask straight away he looked back at me to see I was looking at me then he smiled that smile sent butterflies through my stomach.

We ate the dinner that he had set up we talked a little bit about what we liked and didn’t like and what our favourite stuff was as we talked more I found out we had a lot in common.

“So I know you are dying to ask me some questions” Matt says as he turns his seat more towards me

“How long have you known?” I asked

“A mate always knows when his Mate is near by but he has to wait for it to be confirmed before he officially knows”

“And when was that?”

“When you thought I was being cheeky and I spoke to you I knew that you had heard me I felt it” he said blushing a bit

“So this whole time you have known and haven’t said anything” I said a bit mad

“Emma you knew to but you just weren’t ready to except it just yet” he said taking my hand and running his thumb over mine it felt relaxing when he did that.

“I’m going to tell you some stuff about the bond between mates like how we can communicate through our thoughts we cant do that with anyone else not even our pack, the other think is the markings alpha females tend to get their markings before the mating ceremony because they are higher ranked and they need to show that they are” he told me stopping for a second so im guessing I could ask a question.

“What happens in the Mating ceremony?”

“That’s what I was about to tell you next its like a wedding but we say different stuff and only the pack members and some close family are aloud to be there it will be performed by the alpha but since I am the alpha your Grandad is the one that will perform the ceremony, after that is over we have to seal the deal I guess you can say” he was going to continue but I stopped him before he could.

“SEAL THE DEAL!!!! Are you saying I have to have sex with you I haven’t even know you that long!” I was going to keep going on but Matt stopped me.

“No I don’t mean seal the deal that way I mean the mate bond every wolf has a certain scent to them that only a Mate smell but when they are Mated other males and female will know because you will have my scent as I will yours, and I know you are wondering what you smell like it’s a very nice smell its strawberries and vanilla” he said with a cheeky smile.

“Really strawberries and vanilla?” I asked laughing a bit he chuckled a bit but nodded.

“And what do I smell like?” he asked wiggling his eye brows I giggled at the thought of smelling him but I guess I had to I leaned forward a bit and took a sniff of him… this felt so weird.

“You smell like chocolate and rain” I told him by now I was blushing like anything I looked down so he wouldn’t be able to see how red my face was but he put his finger under my chin and lifted my face so I was looking at him.

“Don’t hide your face I like to see you eyes” he told me for the first time I actually looked into his eyes and I could see the beautiful hazel colour that they were then suddenly they changed to a bright blue but only for a second.

“Sorry sometimes my wolf will come through” he told me

“Is there only a certain time you can change or can you do it when you want?” I asked

“Its called phasing because we can bring fourth our wolf to use the abilities that we have like we can see in the dark better and hear things for far away but yes we can change when ever we want once the bond is complete you will be able to phase to but it will be when there is a full moon because that is when the new wolfs always come fourth” I sat there listening to everything he said and just nodded taking everything in, I guess you could say I was taking things in a bit more easier now well a little.

“So me always having a crush on you when I was younger was me somehow knowing that you were my mate?” I asked

“yes I guess you could say that but don’t worry I always had a crush on you to” he told me with a wink I just laughed a bit and shook my head Matt seemed to be a different person when he opened up to me he wasn’t the mean tough guy I always thought he was it was just an act for the people he doesn’t want to let in.

The night went on with us talking about other stuff that wasn’t wolf related and it was nice I guess you could say that I was really starting to like Matt.

Matt drove me back to my place and he walked me to the door.

“I had a good time tonight thank you” I said

“I had a good time to” he said he gave me a hug and then I kiss on the cheek which gave me butterfly I smiled at him then said good night and as he walked back to his car I gave a little wave before I walked into my apartment which then I slid down my door and just smiled that was the best date I had ever had!

Im glad I got to know him more I can’t wait to see what our future holds.
♠ ♠ ♠
i liked writing this chapter it was cute :D
thanks for the comments Synyster Tiahne and lizicea7x im so happy that yous love it love reading your comments.

Dinner set up
Emma