Strength of the World

Unwanted visitor

It was the morning after my date with Matt and I sitting on the lounge on my laptop talking to May and Jane in a group chat about what happened on the date, they said it was cute what Matt had done and it was good that I was getting to know him better which I agreed with.

It was still weird being able to talk to Matt through thoughts its just strange when he suddenly talks to me, like this morning when I woke up he said good morning and I actually looked around the room to see where he was then I heard him laugh apparently I can let him see what im seeing or if he pops in he can see what im thinking and he will also see the images that go through my mind, I thought it was a bit creepy at first but I did the same thing back to him and I saw that he was talking to Brian it was kind of fun seeing through someone else’s mind.

As I was thinking about Matt there was a knock at my door…. That’s a bit weird this early in the morning I mean it’s only 8:30 it can’t be my landlord he doesn’t come around to get rent until the afternoon, I got up and went to the door and opened it to see a guy with blonde spiky hair stubble on his face and a well set jaw line I had never seen him before though so it was kind of weird for him to be at me door.

“Hello Emma” the stranger said okay now its getting weird how the hell does he know my name.

“And you are?” I asked

“Haven’t you heard about me yet?” he asked I just shook my head no.

‘Matt do you know this guy’ I called out to him sending him the image of the man.

‘Emma stay calm and don’t let him in, im coming over’ Matt said in a rushed voice

‘Why Matt who is he?’ I asked

‘That’s Stephen the Vampire leader, how the hell does he know where you live’ Matt replied

I looked at Stephen and he smirked at me this wasn’t good.

“May I come in?” Stephen asked

“No you may not” I told him

“Okay then well I guess we will just have to talk right here then my name is Stephen I am the leader of all the vampire’s I came to say sorry about the other week” he said but something in his eyes told me that he wasn’t that sorry.

“I should keep a lease on Devin his only new and doesn’t understand all the rules just yet” he continued

“Well you better make sure he understands those rules won’t you now, being the vampire leader and all” I told him

“Bit pushy aren’t you” he said with a smirk

“You better explain why you’re here Stephen” Matt said suddenly appeared

“I was just saying sorry about Devin that was all” he told him in a smart ass tone im guessing these to didn’t get along.

“Well you’ve said it so leave” Matts voice was now a deep growl the only time I’ve heard him use that voice was that night that Devin came and tried to feed off me.

“I see what’s going on here, Matt you seem very protective of Emma here I wonder why” Stephen said still with the smirk on his face, he looked at Matt then and me and went to leave but not before saying something.

“I’ll be seeing you again Emma” and walked off after that Matt ushered me inside and closed the door.

“Did he say anything else or was it just about Devin?” he asked

“Just about Devin” I told him sitting on the lounge.

“Don’t ever invite a vampire in they will not be able to come in unless invited but even then they still try and find a way” he said

“How did he know where I live and why did he come see me?” I asked

“I don’t know how he knows that you live here but I don’t like it and we went to school together and he has always been jealous of me I was always stronger than him and no one really liked him, so he worked his way up the ranks in the vampire world to get up top but he still isn’t stronger than me and he’s trying to find my weakness”

“And your weakness would be me?” I asked

“Yes you are my weakness” he told me with out even blushing! But oh how it made me blush.

“I don’t like how he knows where you live your not safe here now” he said

“Why am I not safe?” I asked

“Because he could get someone to take you and use it against me” Matt said and the look in his eyes looked like he was scared of losing me which I would be scared to lose him to.

I moved closer to him and grabbed one of his hands giving it a little squeeze and he squeezed my hand back.

“I feel safe when Im with you so there is no need to be worried”

“Im glad you feel safe with me but what if I cant get to you in time, then I would be worried” he said giving my hand a squeeze again.

“I have an idea, why don’t you move into the mansion?” he asked with hope in his eyes.

“I don’t know I wouldn’t want to be a hassle to everyone by moving in” I told him

“You wouldn’t be a hassle to anyone everyone loves you and you will become the alpha female of the pack also if you move in now you will be safe and it will be easier to move in now rather than later” he said I sat there for a second and thought about it I mean it wouldn’t be bad to move in now.

It would be good to have everyone around all the time it would beat being alone at my apartment when I would probably eventually move into the mansion anyways but I still don’t know

“Well my lease for this place is up in a week or two so ill have to think about it” I said with a little smile and Matt smiled and gave me a hug.

“Alright we will go and tell everyone later when they are all home” he told me he seemed really excited to be honest I hadn’t even told him yes or no I just said I would think about it was kind of cute though.

Matt had to leave because he had some work to do and I had to go shopping for food since It was my shopping day I went and got ready and then went to the shops, when I was at the shops all I could thinking about was what it would be like to live with everyone it would be good to have people around but it would be weird because im Matts Mate and im only just getting to know him more on a personal level so it would be weird to just start living with him.

When I got home to my apartment something seemed off but I didn’t know what I put my shopping down and looked around the room something just felt off and I had to find out what I walked into my room but nothing was moved then I went back out to the kitchen and sometime on the fridge court my eye it was a note that wasn’t there before.

‘You have such a nice apartment it’s a shame you didn’t invite me in…S’ the note said S who the hell is S I didn’t invite anyone in except for Matt this is strange maybe ill go talk to my landlord.

I walked down the stairs to the landlord’s office and knocked on the door.

“Hey Emma what’s up?” Bob the landlord asked

“Did you let anyone into my apartment today?” I asked

“Oh yeah a guy stopped by said he was a family member and wanted to leave you a note so I let him in um Stephen I think his name was” he told me oh my god he didn’t!

“Um okay that’s all I wanted to know” I said about to leave

“Oh just before I forget you lease is up in a week do you want to renew it now?” he asked

“I think I will be moving out to a new place so ill let you know before the week ends” I told him he just nodded and said okay.

I walked back up to my apartment and closed the door how the hell could he just let someone into my apartment by saying they were just a family member he should no that he wasn’t one because he has seen my family members before or he could of called me like gah.

‘What’s wrong Emma’ Matt asked he must have felt my frustration

‘My landlord is stupid’ I then told him everything that had happened and about the note to.

‘I think you should stay over tonight your place is not safe since Stephen has been let in he can get in whenever he wants and you can not let him in because you cant uninvited them’ Matt told me
‘Alright ill get a bag ready and ill be over okay?’ I asked

‘Ill see you soon’ he said

I went and got a bag of my stuff read and headed over to the mansion, when I was in my car I kept looking around to see if anyone was following me it was weird I didn’t really feel safe now Stephen knows where I live and that his been let in how am I meant to feel safe.

When I arrived at the mansion May and Jimmy were the first two out the door to greet me.

“Emma are you okay?” Jimmy asked running up to me.

“Im fine now Jimmy” I told him

“Good we are all glad you are safe” he said giving me a hug I hugged him back and May joined in on the hug to, it was nice of them to be worried but they really didn’t need to be I was safe now.

“Come on lets go inside” May said dragging me inside everyone was in the lounge room talking about some game that was on TV it was some football game and all the guys were yelling at it I looked at May and she rolled her eyes and mouths boys.

May said she would show me to the spare room so I could put my stuff down and then we could go back down stairs she showed me to one of the spare rooms closes to Matts I looked at her and raised my eye brow and she just shrugged her shoulders and laughed she so planned this, I put my stuff down and went back down stairs with May and the game had just finished.

“Why the hell did you landlord let Stephen into your apartment?” Brian asked

“I don’t know apparently he asked to go into my apartment and leave me a note, he said he was a family member but he knows most of my family” I told him

“He probably got compelled” Jimmy said

“Compelled?” I asked confused

“Vampires can compel people to do things like let them in places or do things they don’t want to do” Brian explained

“But we can’t be compelled being a wolf makes us immune to it for some reason which is good” Matt explained more I just nodded and listened.

I was thinking to myself about my apartment when I heard Matt speak to me.

‘So are you thinking about excepting my offer of moving in?’ he asked I looked at him and he had a small smile on his face but he wasn’t looking at me cheeky.

‘I think I will’ I told him and the smile on his face got even bigger and Brian looked at him weirdly so he was kind of funny.

Maybe moving in sooner rather than later won’t be too bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no will Stephen be a problem?
Thanks for the comment NikkiFoxy8 im glad you love Emma and Matt
What does everyone think should/will happen next?
Emma