Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Zach

Who was that and why was she poking me with a stick? I slowly uncurled my long and lean body. Every muscle ached as I stretched aimlessly. My hair was so long that I had to braid it to keep it out of my face. I needed a haircut badly, but the temperature kept dropping. It was making it almost impossible for me to stay warm. I walked back tip wards town, gathering all my clothing off of tree branches and dressing slowly.

That girl was so beautiful.her hair was the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen. It was shiny and silky looking. I wanted to feel it run through my fingers, but I knew that she would probably try to kill me first. I jogged home, the glorious female still ruling my thoughts. I walked inside my house smiling to Emma. She just stood there and stared at me as if she was confused by my sudden happiness. "Where have you been?" I sighed softly and ran my hands through my hair absentmindedly. "I was taking a walk, why?" She shook her head. "All night? Why we're you gone all night?"

I felt bad for not being able to tell her the truth. She cared so much for me and I wished that I could say something to ease her worry. But, I knew that she would freak out if she knew what I was. "I needed some time to think. So what if u was gone all night. I am an adult and can do whatever I want." She just nodded and continued to stock shelves. The place that I called home was actually a store with housing above it. The store sold a variety of things and Emma helped me keep it running.

Everyday was torture. I couldn't trust anyone with my secret. I was all alone with only a few friends. My only family had disowned me because of what I was. I stared out the window, my thoughts drifting to the woman I had encountered in the woods last night. I wished that i knew who she was. She was very gorgeous, and I couldn't stop thinking about her.