Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea and Zach

*Mackenzea*

I wrapped my arms around his neck in sheer joy. We had managed to avoid going to jail. He smiled at me and carried me back to our room. He laid me down gently on the bed. "I love you so much, Zea. I never want to be away from you. You are everything to me and without you, I would die." That was the sweetest thing I had ever heard."Awe, thats so sweet of you." I kissed him lightly and he smiled. He hugged me tightly against his chest.

"I love you too, Zach." He kissed me again, making me feel full of love. We cuddled together and enjoyed our new found freedom. My heart used to be stone cold, was now beating softly for him. Zach was my soulmate and I will be with him for eternity. Zach laid there with the goofiest grin plastered on his face. I hoped that he felt the same way and would never leave me. It would kill me if he did. He was meant to be with me.

*Zach*

She had just told me what I meant to her. It was really sweet. We were surely meant for each other. I wanted to ask her to marry me, but I knew that I needed her brother's blessing first. That would not be easy to obtain. I knew that I had to try anyway. I loved her more than my life. She was worth all the arguments. I sighed softly and kissed her hair. She was so special to me. I slowly got up off the bed, trying to not wake her.

When I exited the room, Alex was waiting for me. "You needed to talk to me?" I nodded feeling extremely guilty. "I wanted to ask you something." He sighed loudly. "What?" I looked into his eyes and inhaled slowly. "I want to ask Zea to be my wife. But, I need your blessing first." He seemed to be pondering it in his head. "Do you really love her?" I nodded and prayed that he would give us his blessing. Alex looked at me and smiled. "Of course you have my blessing! I am happy for you two. Congratulations!" I smiled and walked back to our room.

Zea was laying half asleep on the bed. "Zea? Are you awake, honey?" She mumbled something and rolled over. I walked over to the bed and laid down beside her. I pulled her into my lap and stroked her hair lightly. She smiled in her sleep, which made her look like an angel. I loved her so much, I just couldn't help myself.

*Mackenzea*

I woke up and Zach was laying beside me. He was smiling softly, which I thought was cute. I stroked his hair lightly while watching him sleep. I loved him with my entire heart. My life couldn't get any better. I had someone who loved me and I had my entire family back. Nothing could make me any happier.

Zach rolled over and opened his eyes slowly. "Good morning, Beautiful." I smiled and kissed him lightly. "Good morning, sweetie." He smiled and ran a hand through my hair. "I have a surprise for you later." My eyes widened. "A surprise?" He nodded."For later." I smiled. "Now, go take a shower and get ready for the day." I sneered at him. "Trying to say I smell?" I threw a pillow at his arrogantly smug face and took off running.

I knew that he was gonna make me pay for that, I ran into the bathroom for the shower, hoping he wouldn't do anything stupid. I quietly wondered what was in store for later. Maybe he was proposing? Nah, it seems too soon for that. I sighed and stepped into the warm water that was spraying from the shower head. Who knows, maybe I was right. I relaxed slightly and stepped out of the shower. He is so spontaneous. It made me want him even more.