Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Zach

I was planning a special surprise for her. She was going to love it. I couldn't wait to give her the engagement ring that I picked out. I was so excited that it was hard to keep it a secret. I wanted to tell her, but I knew that the suspense would make it even better. I sighed softly and started to cook our dinner; stuffed manicotti with three cheese and chocolate mousse' for desert. She was going to be very happy with me. I lit a ew candles and put the food on the table and went to get her.

I knocked lightly on the door. "Zea, are you ready?" She opened the door and my jaw dropped. She looked absolutely gorgeous. She had on a beautiful a-line dress that had ruffles from the waist down. The color was an amazingly light blue. Her hair was slightly curled and fell down her back in beautiful waves. "You look awesome." She grinned and kissed me lightly.

"Thank you, honey." I smiled and escorted her towards the kitchen and dining room. The lights were dimmed and the candle light made the atmosphere very romantic. She smiled and headed towards the table. I pulled out her chair and waited til she sat down before I pushed her chair in. "Zach, this looks amazing! How did you manage all of this?" I smiled. "It was easy." She grinned and tried some of the manicotti.

"Oh my, this is delicious." I ate some of my food and relaxed. I was nervous about asking her to marry me. I hoped that she would say yes. I waited until we got to desert. I gave her the mousse' and she saw the ring. "What is this?" I smiled. I took the ring and got down on one knee. "Zea, I love you with all of my heart and soul. I will never ever leave you. Because I want to marry you. Will you marry me?" Her eyes filled with tears as she said yes. I kissed her deeply and put the ring on her finger. "I love you, Zach." I smiled. "I love you too, Zea."