Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea And Zach

*Mackenzea*

I was worried that he was going to be very angry. But, he didn't seem too mad. I relaxed and smiled at him. He was very protective of me. At least Marcus would leave me be from now on. I kissed him lightly and ran my hands through his hair. He smiled and gently carressed my face. "You are my everything, Zea." I smiled at him and kissed his nose. "I will never be away from you."

He smiled and kissed me deeply. I gently ran my hands over his completely muscled chest. I knew that he wanted to continue, but I wasn't in the mood. "Whats wrong, honey?"I sighed and looked away form his eyes. He got up and left the room. I knew that he sensed that I was still anxious about what happened today.

I relaxed a bit, knowing that he cared enough about me to fight for me. I exhaled and curled up in the blankets, treasuring the warmth they were giving me. Hopefully Marcus would get the hint and leave me alone. I stared out the window, watching a shooting star fly across the sky. I wished that we had a house of our own somewhere far from the city. Maybe it would happen after the wedding. The wedding was in four weeks. But, I wasn't sure who should be my maid of honor. I didn't have any sisters or friends. So, I hoped that Zach didn't have a bestman picked out. Then we could do without them. Zach was going to look smashing in a tux.

*Zach*

I stormed out of our bedroom and went to go find Marcus. He was playing cards in the kitchen. Everyone was playing except Zea and I. Alex seemed a little confused when he saw me. "What's wrong, Zach?" I growled softly. Marcus here has been harrassing Zea. He wouldn't leave her alone when she asked him to. She's laying in our room in the fetal position." I was so angry that my hands were shaking.

"Zach, you need to calm down." I nodded and exhaled slowly. Alex glared at Marcus. "Now, I told you to leave her be. If i hear of it again, you will be punished severely. Understand me?" Marcus couldn't say a word. All he could do was nod his head. I left the room, feeling a bit better and headed back to our bedroom. Zea was sleeping softly. I walked over to her and laid down beside her.

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead. She sighed contentedly, which made me smile. I relaxed completely and closed my eyes. I fell asleep for a little bit, hoping to dream good things. I woke up the next morning, feeling that familiar itch radiate from every poor on my body. I sighed and looked at Zea. She looked so peaceful that I didn't want to leave her. I felt the urge swell and I knew that I couldn't wait any longer. So, I left the room and headed towards the woods. I changed quickly and ran as fast as I could. I had way too much energy today.