Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea And Zach

*Mackenzea*

I walked in the door of my own home with arms full of shopping bags. I set them down in a nearby chair and was taking off my shoes when Zach walked out of the shower, water dripping from his entire boyd. I smiled at him and walked closer to him.

He grinned goofily and wrapped his arms around me, picking me up and spinning me in circles. I laughed loudly as he tickled me gently. "I missed you so much, sweetheart. I never want to leave your side ever again." I smiled and kissed him deeply. He smiled and squeezed me against his chest. "I missed you too, Zach. I'm not going anywhere and neither are you."

He kissed me and put me down gently. I sat down at the kitchen table and relaxed. He pulled out some meat and began to cook it. The aroma that was rising from the pan on the stove was making my stomach growl angrily.

He served the food and we ate like ravage animals. We were starving. After we devoured the food, he cleaned up the mess. I sighed and watched him take care of everything. After he was done, he picked me up and carried me to our room. He laid me down gently and cuddled up to me. I had missed him so much.

*Zach*

I opened my eyes slowly, letting the sunlight adjust my pupils. I sighed softly, looking around the brightened room. Zea had disappeared at some point during the night, and that made me worry. I hoped that she was okay, and that no one had hurt her. I stood up and my head felt like someone had used a jackhammer on my skul. It made my vision very wavy and blurry. I could barely see where I was going. I felt my way to the kitchen where I found Zea laying on the linolium. "Zea? What's wrong, baby?" I slowly stumbled towards her and crouched down beside her. "Sweetie?" I lightly touched her cheek and she freaked out. "What??"

I felt bad for waking her. "I'm sorry. I was worried about you. Are you okay?" She blinked her eyes several times and looked me in the eyes. The whites of her eyes were so bloodshot that they weren't anywhere near white. I picked her up gently and carried her back towards the bedroom. She mumbled a little as I walked into the room and laid her down on the bed. When I laid down beside her, she instantly cuddled up to me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her rigid torso. I relaxed and hummed lightly, hoping that she would fall asleep.

But, before she could even get comfortable, she ran from my arms straight to the bathroom. I was really confused. Vampires never became sick. Something was definetely wrong with her. I waited, but she kept throwing up. I walked into the bathroom and held her hair for her until her vomiting ceased. She wiped her face off with some toilet paper and flushed the toilet. She looked up at me, her face completely pale. "I don't know what is going on. I felt sick this morning and I don't know why."

What could it be? Could she be pregnant with my child?? I hoped that maybe she was. I wanted children just as bad as she did. But, would it be possible? I pulled a box from the cupboard and handed it to her. I left the room as she took the test. She called me back into the bathroom when it was time for the results. I held my breath as I anxiously waited. I was nervous and didn't know how she would react. She looked down at the test and all we saw was a little pink plus sign. She was in fact, pregnant with my child. Oh My Gosh!