Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea And Zach

*Mackenzea*

I stared at the pink plus sign, horror dominating my face. What was going to happen now? Zach and I had wanted children for a while now adn suddenly we were going to have a baby. Was it all too soon? Would something bad happen just because of this? I looked up at Zach, and he was smilling. I was afraid that he wanted to run from me. But, there he stood, grinning at me happily. The smiled that made my insides melt into warm fuzziness.

He leaned down and pressed his lips gently to mine in a soft kiss. I kissed him back and leaned my head against his chest. I knew that Zach was going to be an amazing father, no matter what anyone said or did. It was a gut feeling and I wasn't going to let anyone spoil it. He gently rubbed his hand up and down my back in soothing circles. I sighed soflty and relaxed against him. For once, the storm that had been raging in my stomach, settled and became calm. My eyes began to drift closed as I remembered that I hadn't slept all night. He lightly picked me up, as if I weighed nothing at all, and carried me back to the bed. He laid me down and covered me up to the point where I was so comfortable, I passed out.

He was the perfect one for me. I had found my true mate, the one I would be with forever. Zach only stayed until I fell asleep. Once I was deeply snoring, he left my side and went to talk to my brother. Alex had a feeling that Zach needed to speak to him. So, he had waited to do his hunting until aftern they had spoken. I wondered what they could possibly be talking about. Then I remembered what had happened today, and that they were probaby talking about me. The vision behind my eyelids changed to a swirling of colors as the dark abyss took over my mind.

*Zach*

I quietly snuck away from Zea, hoping that I wouldn't wake her. She needed her sleep more than anything right now. Alex was waiting for me when I reached the kitchen. "You needed to speak to me?" I nodded and hoped that maybe he had some kind of answer for me. "Zea is pregnant with my child. I wanted to know what the child will be? Vampire or Werewolf?" Alex nodded and thought about it for a while.

"Well there are three things that could possibly happen." I instantly became nervous and my palms began to sweat. "The baby could be human, vampire or werewolf. We won't know until a sonagram is done."I nodded and exhaled slowly. So there was a chance that my chid could be normal. I sighed. The hardest part would be waiting to find out. I exhaled and walked back towards my room as Alex disappeared to go hunting. I walked in the door and Zea was snoring loudly. I smiled and laid down beside her. She rolled over and I wrapped my arms around her waist. Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.