Status: Completed, but editing along the way.

Change of Species

Mackenzea

I opened my eyes slowly and looked over at Zach. He snored loudly and rolled over onto his side. I smiled and got out of bed and headed to the kitchen. Today was a very special day for us. Today was our anniversary. We had been together for a year now. I opened up the fridge and pulled out various ingredients. I was going to make his favorite food; lasagna and macaroni and cheese.

For desert, we were having chocolate and blood pudding. Which would be delicious. As I was cooking, I heard movement coming from our bedroom. Zach was up and heading for a shower.
I finished making the pudding and stuck it in the the fridge. Today was going to be extra special. While I was putting the lasagna in the oven, Zach wandered into the kitchen. "Good morning, Zea. What are you doing up so early?" I smiled at him and made him some more coffee.

"Nothing in particular. Alex has some things tha the needs done. He needs to see you right away." He noddd and left after drinking his coffee. Once he left, I checked on the lasagna and added more cheese. Then I added more blood and chocolate to the pudding. After I finished that, I headed to our room and cleaned it up. I changed the sheets and added rosees to the floor and bed.

I rearranged the rose petals on the bed in a heart shape. I lit some candles and put them all over the bedroom. I pulled out the lasagna and split it onto two plates. I poured a couple of glasses of white wine. Of course, I decided not to drink mine. It was going to be very romantic. I couldn't wait.