Status: Please read my story! Fast updates I promise.

Cross My Heart Hope You Get Hit by a Bus

Chapter 3 : Friends . Just Friends

“so you and Matt made up?” Ellie asked as Matt and I reached them after our talk. I nodded and ordered myself a glass of red wine at the bar.
“here you go Mia” Johnny said , I smiled happily and thanked him , paying him the $3.
“so you’re friends now?” she inquired some more. “Yes El , we’re friends now” I laughed.
You know he wants more right?”
“Nah he doesn’t. He was the one insisting on friends”
“Because he thinks that’s what you want”
“He’s right”
She rolled her eyes and mumbled ‘stubborn’ under her breath though I heard it perfectly. I smirked and then looked over to where Gena and Brian sat.
They were talking and laughing , and talking and laughing.
“Hmm , see that?” I pointed to the pair.
Ellie followed my finger and as soon as her eyes landed on them she grinned.
“they’re cute”
“yeah” I agreed with her and smiled.
“Much like you and Matt”
My smile faded ; “one.. there isn’t a Matt and I and two , there will never be one”
She laughed “oh you’ll see honey bear, You’ll see”
I groaned and walked over to where the rest of our friends sat. Jimmy was talking to a random girl , Johnny was dancing , Zacky was waiting for Ellie , Brian and Gena were flirting and Matt was nowhere to be found. So I basically sat on my own , being very bored.
Suddenly , I was nudged from behind. I turned my head to see Matt smiling down at me. “why are you all alone?” he grinned.
“they’re all occupied” I said and waved my hand around for emphasises. Matt laughed , making me grin.
“Wanna dance?” he asked.
I nodded , “sure”
He led me to the dance floor and just as we reached it , Plain White Ts should’ve gone to bed came up. Matt chuckled at my excited face and we started dancing.
“This feels nice” Matt said after a few seconds of silence , “I’m glad we’re friends”
I smiled and gave him a kiss on his cheek. I almost laughed at the newly formed blush that spread over his cheeks. “Yeah , I’m glad too”
“Y’know my parents love you. Since the first day they met you at Papa Gates’s dinner. They hated me for treating you like shit. Amy as well. She thinks of you as her best friend”
I smiled at his confession , “seriously?”
“yeah. They want to see you again. Have been pressuring me to invite you over for dinner. I never wanted to because I knew you’d laugh in my face but now? Would you?”
I grinned “of course. Don’t tell Papa Gates , but your family is my favorite. Then Papa and Suzi and Mackenna”
Matt laughed “that’s great. So would you come to dinner tomorrow?”
“Yeah that’s fine.”
He grinned , “okay which time are you off work?”
“8”
“Perfect! Dinner’s at 9. Everything works out well”
I can’t happen to think that there’s more to that words than just simple dinner plans.