Status: Please read my story! Fast updates I promise.

Cross My Heart Hope You Get Hit by a Bus

Chapter 7 : Dramatic effects

I was sat quietly drinking my coffee in the doctor’s restroom. I was finally having a break since my day has consisted of 4 surgeries that all took 2-4 hours , and a round of post-ops with annoying interns.
That break ended as quick as it began as I was paged with a 911 call to the ambulance standings.
I sigh and quickly put on some wrapping over my scrubs and put on elastic gloves and ran down to the side door.
The ambulances came down the road , and made a very quick hault. The medics rushed out and we all ran forward for the catch.
The ambulance my colleague , Jason , and I stood at was occupied by 2 girls , both of them had blood coming from their heads.
“2 girls , both 16. Neurological damage in a car crash. Vitals low 30% , blood pressure 34 over 40.”
“I’ll take her” I directed to the brunette laying down. Blood still oozing although it was bandaged by the medics.
We quickly ran inside the hospital and I realized I had to do a emergent surgery.
“Call open an O.R right now! Emergent surgery on a 16 year old. NOW!” I yelled out to the nurse at the station. She nodded and quickly called ;
“I need an open O.R right now for Doctor Williams. Emergent surgery. I repeat emergent surgery”
She nodded , “O.R 2 is available”
I sprinted with the cart where the girl was laying and quickly scrubbed in while the nurses took the girl into the O.R
The surgery took a lot more than 4 hours and by the time it was finished , she coded 3 times and flatlined 1 time. But in the end I saved her , and took her back to recovery.
“You did a great job Doctor Williams , as always” my youngest intern , Zander , told me.
I smiled , “thanks Zander”
“Must I quickly do post ops on her?”
I shook my head , “no. That’s my job but thanks”
He smiled and left the room.
I took a deep breath and walked to the room of the girl I just did surgery on. Things were so hectic I didn’t even catch her name.
A girl my age sat on the chair next to the one I did surgery on along with a blonde surfer guy. They seemed to light up when I walked into the room.
“Hi , I am Doctor Mia-Andra Williams. I was the one who operated on your friend today.”
“Kari” the girl spoke up. “That’s her name , and my name is Lizzy”
I smiled , “hi Lizzy”
“And I’m Ben. I’m Kari’s boyfriend”
“Nice to meet you. Well your friend was in a heavy car accident that caused the left side of her brain to shatter slightly. There was a lot of bloodloss and some internal bleeding in the left globe. But , I managed to fix the brainshatter and the internal bleeding. However there was some complications : Kari coded 4 times and flatlined 1 time but she’s fine now. She just needs to recover , but she’ll be as good as new”
They smiled widely and both hugged me with tears in their eyes.
“Thank you so much. You’re our new hero” Ben said.
I chuckled and told them to tell the night nurses if they needed anything and left the room.
It was past 9 in the evening and I was tired as hell. I was here since 4 in the morning.
I said bye to my colleagues and sleepily walked to the front entrance of the hospital.
“Matt?” I asked as I approached the buff man that has stolen my heart. I did not just say that!
He smiled , revealing his adorable dimples. God , there I go again. Being sleepy is not helping to keep the truth bottled up.
“I know you’re probably very tired and I can’t blame you but I was wondering if you wanted to maybe hang out? Just chill at my house or yours?”
I smiled at the rambling he had going on , and against my sleepiness I nodded.
He seemed relieved , “okay. We can order pizza , and watch a movie?”
“Sounds perfect Matty”
His smile brightened when I gave him the nickname.
“Oh yeah your house alright?”
He laughed , “figured”
Once we reached Matt’s house that I’ve never seen before from the inside , I couldn’t help but stare at it in awe.
The house was huge. Huge and beautiful.
“Like what you see?” he asked ; snapping me out of my thoughts,
“It’s huge”
“That’s what she said”
I laughed and shoved him playfully , earning a hearted laugh from him.
“Okay , go make yourself at home. There’s blankets in the cupboard right behind the TV set. I’m going to make us some hot chocolate and order the pizza and you are going to pick a movie”
I smiled ; “yes bossy”
He laughed and retreated to the kitchen. I did everything Matt just told me and then made myself comfy on his leather couch.
He returned minutes later with two cups in his hands and a bag of Salt and Vinegar chips hanging from his mouth.
I laughed at the sight and took the bag from him. He smiled and gave me my mug which I thanked him for and gave him the other half of the blanket.
“Pizza will be here in 20 minutes so we can either chat or whatever till it comes and then watch the movie” he recommended.
I nodded , “well... now that we’re here. Why don’t you show me some of that famous games you’re obsessed with?”
He grinned , “Call of duty?”
I nodded and smirked as he skipped [yes , skipped] to the Xbox on the stand.
He switched the game on , and in a matter of seconds he was beating me by uncountable 100s.
I pouted , “not fair! You play this game day in and day out”
He laughed and opened his mouth to say something but he was cut off by the bell ringing. Probably , hopefully , the pizza man since I was starving.
Matt smiled at me ,w alking back with 2 large pizzas. He suggested , since he eats a lot , that we get two large pizzas. One magarheta (my favourite) and one bbq chicken and beef (his favourite).
“ahh” I chirped , clapping my hands together. “Eat time”
Matt laughed ; “you’re excited”
“I love food , I love pizzas”
Matt laughed ; “That I can see”
I gasped and slapped his arm. “Take that back Mianie”
“Sorry , sorry. Geez woman for someone who is 2 feet tall you sure slap hard”
“I am not 2 feet tall”
“Oh , is that so?”
“Yup. I am a proud 4.2”
He laughed and ruffled my hair , “well I am a proud 6.9 feet tall”
“hulk”
“That’s what they call me”
“shut up” I growled , “you’re ruining pizza time”
Matt chuckled and kissed my forehead before we started eating. The doorbell rung again and this time Matt groaned.
He stood up and put the plate down with his many pizzas in. I paused the movie we were watching but continued eating.
“Hey man” I heard an unknown voice. Matt greeted him but with a stiff tone. He clearly did not like this guy.
“so can I come in?” the guy asked.
“I have company”
“Oh I’m sure it’s just one of your lame friends.” The guy said smugly and before I knew it , the random man , probably in his late 20s , walked in.
He was not nearly as big and tall as Matt , he was skinny. Much like Jimmy and he was very unattractive.
“Oh Matt , who’s this beauty?” the man smirked. I instantly clenched my jaw. He looked like a perverted ass.
“Mia-Andra. Leave her alone” Matt grumbled.
“Oh well , hallo Mia-Andra. My name is Michael and must I say you are a fine piece of ass. What the fuck are you doing here with Matthew who’s way out of your league?”
My face conjurned in disgust ; “I’m his girlfriend , and I prefer you not say something like that since Matt is not out of my league”
Matt’s face was pure surprise but happiness altogether. Michael’s eyes popped out.
He then let out a sinister smile ; “yeah right. Matthew can’t get a girlfriend”
“Well he did” I grumbled , “and we were having a nice time until you showed up”
Michael smirked , “can’t you speak Matthew? Or are you that big of pussy that your so called girlfriend have to do the talking?”
Matt’s lips twitched , something he does when he’s extremely angry. “get the fuck out of my house before I do something I might regret”
Michael laughed , “oh don’t make threats you can’t play out. You’re way too much of a wuss”
That send Matt over the edge as he charged at Michael and started throwing punches at him. Hard punches.
“Matt stop” I said , “please he’s not worth it”
Matt ignored me and threw more and more punches at Michael. Michael didn’t (of course) have the strength to fight back so I tried to pull him off.
“Matt please stop , he’s really not worth it. He’s a piece of trash that can’t get layed”
Matt stopped and stood up from the ground. I hugged him tightly and then demanded Michael to stand up. With a bruised face and shaky legs , he smiled a bloody smile and then spatted out some blood.
“You better fucking be happy your girlfriend was here Matthew.” He spat before leaving the house , slamming the door on his way.
Matt’s eyes softened when he looked at me. “I’m so , so sorry”
I shook my head and hugged him. “It’s not your fault. Who was that anyway/”
“My cousin. On my dad’s side. You know they hate me”
“Well he’s an ass , and he’s ugly”
Matt laughed ; “thanks Mia. You know how to cheer me up”
I smiled and we both sat down on the couch. I studied his face for a second and chuckled.
“It’s funny” I said in between chuckles , “How you don’t have a scratch and he’s fucked up”
Matt laughed , “I don’t think I have ever heard you curse”
“Whatever , I curse”
“Hmmm right. Anyway , let’s warm the pizzas and then continue watching your chickflick”
I laughed , “you love Honey 2”
“A bunch of people dancing the whole movie through? Nah not really”
“Oh pish paws. We can watch a scary movie after this one”
He stopped moving and gulped slightly , then smiled brightly. “y-you Mean you’ll stay for another m-movie?”
I smiled , “of course”
“Uhm Mia , I know you probably only Meant it for Michael to back off but w-what did you Mean when you said—“
He was cut off.