Status: Finished ; Sequel coming!

Where I Want to Be

Chapter 10

“Good morning Miss Benson. Sorry to bother you but do you know where sir Shadows is?” one of Matt’s men asked as I stood in the gym , drinking water and finishing my gym session of the day.
I shook my head , “sorry David. I don’t. He’s been working since 5 so I have no idea”
“Alright Miss Benson. Thanks again” he walked away leaving me alone and wondering why Matt wasn’t answering his phone when it was business related.
I walked downstairs to the kitchen and found Brian with his head hanging.
“Hey”
He lifted his head and I saw that he had bags under his eyes and his eyes were red and swollen.
“Bri?” I walked deeper into the kitchen.
“H-hi Kar.”
“What’s wrong?”
Brian looked up at me confused. “What’s wrong? WHAT’S WRONG? Matt just died and you’re asking me what’s wrong?”
“What?”
“MATT IS DEAD KARINA!”

I shot up , panting. Sweat dripped off my forehead.
I looked around and saw I was in our bedroom. I looked next to me and found Matt snoring loudly.
Did I just dream that Matt is dead?
I shook him awake , “Matt....Matt , wake up... Matt!”
He groaned and woke up. Fluttering his eyes open and rubbing it. He looked so cute.
“What? Baby I love you but it’s 2:30 in the morning.”
“I had a fucked up dream” I said sighing.
“What about babe?” Matt pulled me closer.
“I dreamt that I was exercising and David came in asking where you were , and then I went downstairs to find Brian telling me that you’re dead.”
Matt snorted and I instantly knew he was trying not to laugh. I gave him a glare which made him stiffle a laugh.
“I’m sorry..” he laughed , “but babe that’s absurd”
“Matthew do you want to sleep on the couch?”
He kissed my temple , “sorry beautiful.. Babe believe me when I say this. I live for you , and I will not leave you in any way okay? I do my best to stay safe for you”
I smiled nodding , “okay I love you. Sorry I woke you.”
“It’s fine. Let’s go back to sleep okay? Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.”
I smiled , “you mean today”
He laughed , “yeah. Today. A day less for you to finally become my wife.”
He kissed me slowly and when we pulled away , Matt pulled me into him and we slept further like babies.
**
The alarm clock hit 4:30 and I groaned. Matt softly kissed my forehead and whispered a sorry before going for a shower.
I snuggled deeper into the cushions and let sleep overtake me.
My alarm went off at 7 so I hopped out pulled on my gym clothes and walked to the 3rd floor where the gym was being held.
I switched on some music and then started running on the treadmill.
After an hour of exercising I finished for the day and then hit the showers.
I walked downstairs to get myself something to eat. There was no cereal and no eggs.
I groaned , and decided to quickly go to the supermarket across the street. I wasn’t in the mood to freshen up so I grabbed my keys and left.
Once I got there I locked my car and walked in. There was a few people shopping. I grabbed a trolley and bought 2 dozens of eggs ; cereal ; milk ; flour ; chocolate chips and I decided to spoil the boys tonight with spaghetti so I quickly got the ingredients for that.
Once I was done , I bought myself a Cosmo and a People magazine and then paid.
I reached home and quickly started on the pancakes. My phone beeped indicating I had a message :
Message from :5554311965 : 7:55am
Good morning Mrs Benson. This is mr.R Blaire from the art department of the school. I know you are not acquanted to me but I am to you. I’ve noticed your incredible artistic side and I think it will be a great honor to see you work for our department.
Think about it. Enjoy the rest of the holiday.
I grinned and saved his number. I have wanted to be part of mr Blaire’s department since I begun teaching. I know all about his successful department in and outside the school where he has his own art shop.
I finished the pancakes and poured myself some freshly squeezed orange juice. I sat down at the TV and watched some episodes of Friends.
Granted , I was sick of this quietness : Tanya was still sleeping since she fell ill and stayed in bed the whole week
Matt is working ; Brian is working ; Zacky is working ; Jim is working ; Johnny is working.
This holiday was dragging on and I couldn’t wait for the semester to start.
It was a short semester , and the vacation days was pouring in.
...bored.

Just when Rachel announced that she’s pregnant , Matt and Johnny walked in.
“No. I will get the merch at GC and you go over the surveillance again. Tell Brian he needs to get his ass here this instant or I’m going without him”
Matt was speaking over the phone with , I assume , Zacky since he does surveillance and computer crap.
Johnny gave me a bright smile and I returned it. He sat down next to me and ate one of my pancakes. I pouted and he laughed
“oh you have enough!”
“I was hungry!”
Matt finished talking and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
“Babe I’m out the whole day but can you and I go to dinner tonight? I need some time with you”
I nodded and smiled looking up at him. “Of course. Have fun. I’ll make reservations.”
“Okay , any place is okay for me. I love you beautiful girl. I’ll see you at 7”
“Love you too. Bye”
Johnny stayed put
“are you going to hang out with me today?”
He nodded , “my work for the case is done. So I’m spending some time with my Kari”
“Aww thanks Johnathan!”
He rolled his eyes , ever since I found out Johnny’s real name was Jonathan I have been calling him that.
“You nervous yet?”
I laughed , “extremely. But I’m excited more than anything”
“I’m glad. Matt , well...he’s scared that you’re gonna finally realize that you deserve better”
“You’re not serious?”
Johnny nodded , “yeah. He’s afraid he’ll lose you”
“He knows I love him... What’s with the insecurities?”
Johnny shrugged , “he knows you can do better. He’s a criminal , you’re not.”
“Well no one in this world can replace Matty. Or you guys. Sure I hate the girls here and think it’s disgusting but luckily I don’t see them when I don’t want to.”
Johnny laughed hugging me.
We then continued watching the programs.

**
It was later that evening , probably around 5 when I went upstairs after spending the whole day in front of the Tv with Johnny to make myself beautiful for the date I had with Matt.
We’ve been dating for 8 years so dates became less frequent so I really enjoyed making myself all dolled up.
I blared some country music and then hopped into the shower. The water ran cool when I hopped out and then quickly blow dried my hair styling it in light curls.
I did my make up smokey and only settled on a lipgloss since I looked like a clown when I wore lipstick.
I threw my outfit on the bed and sprayed perfume , along with putting earrings in.

I wore black heels and golden earrings.
I checked the time to see it was already 5 ‘fore 7 so Matt should be home any second.
I found Brian in the kitchen with a smile on his face when he saw me.
“You look beautiful.”
“Thank you. Do you know why Matt decided we should go on a date?”
Brian shook his head , “Naw. He’s probably missing you.”
“I miss dates. Sure I love Matt and I’s relationship , but I miss that thrill of dressing up and being nervous. Tonight reminded me of the beginning of our relationship”
“What are you saying? That you want to be single again?” Brian asked , ready to defend his best friend
I shook my head , “of course not. I never want to be without Matt but I want us to go on dates. I want him to throw pebbles at my window , I want him to come to my house unexpected with flowers. I want to dress up for dates. I want him to start taking me out of the house more often.”
“I get that. I’ll talk to him.”
“No...”
“Yeah Karra. I understand what your saying and I’ll tell him that”
I sigh , “thanks Bri-bri”
He smiled and his smile brightened when the door closed shut.
“Your date’s here”
I chuckled , “hey I haven’t seen Tanya today. How she feeling?”
“Like crap. Slept all day. I’m gonna go lay down with her now”
I smiled and got up , meeting Matt halfway.
His smile widened when he saw me , “you look beautiful”
I twirled and then curtsied making him kiss me
“My beautiful , adorable fiance.”
Brian scoffed , rolling his eyes. “You guys are making me sick”
I laughed and matt gave him the finger , also breaking out in laugh.
“Bye guys enjoy your night”
Brian walked away and I was left with Matt who sigh as his phone blared. Someone was calling him.
“Baby I’m so sorry I must take this but I promise you that I will leave it here”
I nodded and smiled , letting him know our reservation wasn’t for another half an hour.
He gave me a kiss filled with regret and then walked into the kitchen though I could still hear what he was saying.
“This better be good Tuck. Kari is waiting for me”
Silence
“No. Deal with it or call one of my guys. I worked all day and I now want to spend time with my fiance since I never see her. This is your mess , clean it up.”
He then walked back to me.
“Where did you make a booking anyway?”
“Tony Spaghetti.”
“That was the place went to for Our first date as a couple”
I smiled and kissed him slowly. “We should leave before we’re late.”
He actually did leave his phone on the table.

**
We reached Tony spaghetti in a matter of 10 minutes due to traffic since the pizza place was near our house and Matt , being the gentleman I never knew he was , opened up the car door and the restaurant door for me.
“I really like this new side of you” I joked , Matt chuckled “it’s hard work. And it’s not a new side , I did it when we first started going out”
“True , true.”
We sat down and after ordering our drinks , Matt started talking.
“You know the guys are planning a bachelors for me tonight at 11 right? And Tanya said they are planning a bachelorette even though she’s sick as shit”
I rolled my eyes at Matt’s words : ‘sick as shit’ , and then sigh.
“I’m scared of Tanya’s bachelorettes.”
Matt chuckled , “it’ll be fine , and just think in about 2 days we’re gonna be married. You’re gonna be Mrs Sanders.”
His demeanour changed , “that is if I don’t screw anything up”
I frowned and took his hand , “you’re not gonna mess anything up. I love you and I believe you’re the best guy for me.” Suddenly I remembered my talk with John.
“Why are you afraid of losing me Matty?”
“Because look at you. You’re the epitome of perfect. I , however , are a criminal with no remorse or guilt for the people I hurt. Why you stick by me is beyond me”
“Don’t do this Matt. I love you. I don’t care about any of that... well except the whores in my house but luckily that’s on the guys. I want you to know that no matter what , I will always stick by you. Sure we have our fights and sometimes I’m so pissed at you that I make you sleep on the couch but that’s normal. The bottom line is that we will always be together in love.”
Matt smiled and stood up , he kissed my lips tenderly before sitting down in front of me.
“I needed that” he whispered kissing my hand over and over again. “I love you so fucking much”
“Love you too baby. Now , let’s talk about something more exciting okay?”
He smiled , “I’m down for that”