Status: Finished ; Sequel coming!

Where I Want to Be

Chapter 9

It’s been two days since Matt came back , and to say my boy is out hungered for sex is an understatement.
I never thought I’d see the day where Matt begs for sex , but the day he came back he even got on his knees to get me to sleep with him.
We’re going to his parents house tonight for dinner. Amy and her new boyfriend will also be there I really hope his mom asked us to dinner to forgive Matt. I don’t think I’ve ever seen my boy this nervous. Not even when he asked me to marry him.
“are you ready?” I asked Matt
He nodded , “yeah I am. Uh , we can go”
I sigh and walked over to where he stood , his eyes giving away his nerves while his body was stable.
I cradled his face , kissing his lips tenderly. “It will be fine. Your mom really sounds like she’s ready to forgive you”
“Yeah” he whispered burying his face in my neck and lifting me up in a hug.
Just then one of Matt’s men walked in. “Sir Shadows? There’s someone to see you”
Matt sigh and looked at me. “We still have 10 minutes.” I whispered , he nodded kissing my lips and walked away with the man.
As he walked away I heard Matt tell him that he doesn’t have much time , he’s going out with me.
I smiled and got myself a glass of water.
While sipping on it , reading a magazine , Jimmy and Bri walked in.
“When are you going?” Jim asked plopping down next to me while Brian grabbed himself a beer.
“Want me gone Jammy?” I asked with an amused pout. Jim laughed and kissed my cheek.
“Of course not Karr”
I rolled my eyes , “soon. Matt was called in. Someone came to see him.”
“Oh. Wonder who.”
After a few minutes of me talking to the two boys , Matt came out with a pissed off expression. Zacky and Johnny following him.
“I need to go to dinner at my fucking parents but Brian you’re in charge. There’s a guy in my office , threatening me and you 4 have to handle it. I don’t care if it’s legal or not but before this guy causes trouble I want his ass busted. Understood?”
Jim and Brian nodded. “Of course man.”
Jimmy then walked forward and whispered something to Matt making him look at me and nod.
“We can go” he said holding his hand out to me.
I said bye to the guys and so did Matt before we left the mansion.
“What did Jim whisper to you?”
“That I should calm down before talking to you” he said looking over at me as he put th car in reverse.
“Aww. Cute”
Matt smiled taking my hand and placing it on the gear stick.
***
We reached the house after an hour since their home is just outside Huntington.
Matt literally sprinted out of the car and rushed to my side before I could even blink. I stared up at him confused
“What the hell was that?” I asked with an amused grin.
Matt laughed , flustered. “I have to try being a gentleman”
“you realise this now? After 8 years?”
He stuck out his tongue at me. I laughed and kissed his cheek
“I love you so much you crazy buffy”
“Love you too beautiful girl”
We walked up to the porch and Matt knocked on the door holding my hand tightly.
“Babe you’re gonna break my hand” I said , Matt sigh and loosened his grip giving me an apologetic smile. “Sorry” he said and pecked my lips.
Just then the door opened , I pulled away from Matt’s lips and looked at Kim.
“Hi Kim” I said smiling brightly. Her smile matched mine as she gave me a hug.
I pulled away and pleaded at her. She nodded , and fixated her gaze on Matt.
“Hallo Matthew.” She said smiling slightly.
“Uh. Hi m-mom”
“Come on in you two. Dinner is almost ready”
I gave Matt a hopeful smile and dragged him in. Upon entering we saw Amy , her boyfriend , Gary and Matt’s grandma from Kim’s side.
“Kari!!!” Amy squealed running up to me hugging me tightly. Matt’s hand was still entertwined with mine.
She released me
“Hi Matt” she gave him a smile and a small hug.
“Hey Ames”
Gary and Amy’s boyfriend walked up to us.
“Hey Gary” I said and hugged him
“Kari , Matt this is Mark. My boyfriend”
“Hey Mark. I’m Kari”
I shook his hand and smiled when he said it’s nice to meet you.
I bumped Matt in the side with my elbow when he only stared at Mark.
He shook his head , “I’m Matt. Amy’s older brother”
Mark grinned , “hi. Nice to meet you”
“Yeah. You too”
We sat down in the living room with everyone else.
Grandma Mary was one of my favourites out of Matt’s grandparents. She’s the only one of the 3 grandparents that still talk to Matt.
The other two , grandma Laurie , Gary’s mom and grandpa Pete , Gary’s dad , doesn’t want anything to do with Matty.
After awhile Kim said that it’s time for dinner so we all walked to the kitchen.
“So when is the big day?” Kim asked , “is it still July 12th?”
“Yeah” I nodded , “in 3 months.”
“Ahh still so long!” Amy gushed , “I can’t wait for the wedding. I love weddings”
Matt smiled down at me , and for the first time he’s joining in the conversation since it all went downhill for the Sanders’.
“I can’t wait either.”
“Oh yeah” I suddenly remembered , “Ames would you do me the favor and be a bridesmaid?”
She squealed and attacked me in a hug. “I would love to be a bridesmaid!”
“Okay good” I chuckled , “so we’re going dress shopping tomorrow. Last time Tans and I went dress shopping we didn’t get anything.”
“Okay. Just text me the time and I’ll meet you at your house”
“So whose your other bridesmaids?” Grandma Mary asked.
“Tanya is my maid of honor. Anri – one of my and Tanya’s college friends , Amy of course , and Lisa – one of my good friends from work”
“And Matt , what about you?”
Matt cleared his throat , “Grandma , my best friends. Brian is my best man. Zacky ; Johnny and Jimmy”
“Organising is a pain isn’t it?” Kim asked making me laugh.
“Yeah. But Tanya is helping and Matty here organised the cake. He enjoyed the day we tested cakes”
The family laughed and Matt grinned popping out his dimples.
“So do you have photos of how your wedding will look? What’s the color scheme?” Amy asked.
“Gold and white. I have an idea”
She nodded and we finally finished. Kim asked me and Amy to get the desserts so that they can talk to Matty.
Amy took her boyfriend’s hand and led him to the kitchen where we closed the door.
“I wanna hear!” I whined causing Amy to laugh.
“My brother will tell you afterwards. I just know.”
“Hell. This looks divine” I said after awhile , looking down at the chocolate mint cake.
Mark sigh , “are we going to be locked in?”
Amy looked over at him and rolled her eyes. I decided to act as if I haven’t seen the tension of the young couple and focused my attention on cutting the cake.
“Uh , do you think there’s ice cream?”
Amy nodded , “there is” she said looking in the fridge. “along with custard.”
I nodded , “okay. So we have delicious cake with ice cream and custard. Kim is making me fat.”
Amy laughed , “I really can’t wait for your wedding though”
“Me neither. I’m beginning to diet and exercise tomorrow. I wanna look perfect”
“Matt already thinks you are”