Status: Finished ; Sequel coming!

Where I Want to Be

Chapter 6

CHAPTER 5 :
“She doesn’t suspect anything does she?”
Tanya sigh and shook her head. “No Matt , for the thousand’s time. NO. She’s having a blast with Jim and Zack for the whole day”
“Okay. Everything’s arranged right? Everything’s in order for tonight?”
“Yes. Now go put on your suit , get those roses and come down to the dining room. Where everything’s ready”
I laughed , Sorry Tanz. I’m a nervous wreck and when that happens I can become a pain in the ass”
“Poor Kari”
I chuckled and kissed her cheek. “Thanks for everything and hopefully the next time I see you I’ll be engaged”
She smiled , “good luck. See you later. Kari will be here in half an hour”
“Wait Tan.. the picnic on the beach , ready right?”
She rolled her eyes , “goodbye Matthew”
I laughed “bye”

**
“Sir Shadows?” one of the whores asked me as I stood , ready in my tux , at the dining room.
“Miss Karina is here with sir Rev and Vengeance”
“Okay.” I said and ushered her out. I walked over and greeted the guys who wished me luck before walking over to my confused girl.
“Hi handsome. You look nice” I smiled and bend down to kiss her. “come on”
I took her hand and led her to the dining room. Her eyes went wide.
“God this is beautiful. You did this?”
I smiled cheekily , “Tanya helped”
She smiled and kissed my cheek , “it’s still wonderful. I love you”
“I love you too.” I held out the chair for her to sit on and kissed her cheek then walked over and got the food ready.
Once I placed the plate with beef roast , pumpkin pie , carrots and roasted vegetables. I poured two glasses of red wine and sat down.
“This looks delicious. Babe did I miss an anniversary?” she gasped , “oh my god did I miss my birthday?”
I laughed loudly , “no babe. You didn’t miss your birthday. That would be weird. I just... I love you and I’m a horrible person with an amazing girlfriend who deserves the world”
“You are not an horrible person Matthew Charles Sanders”
“So you keep saying.”
“I love you. Thanks for this. I was starving , Jimmy didn’t let me eat anything”
I laughed , “that’s my fault. I’m feeding you tonight”
She giggled and ate. When the meal was over , for me 10 minutes ago but my stunning girl eats slowly. “This was delicious baby. I’m sure you handed Tanya the ingredients”
I laughed , “who said I didn’t make it myself?”
“Babe. You can’t make toast without burning it. But , I still love you. At least you can barbeque”
I chuckled and kissed her lips. “fuck. Okay before I get carried away , dessert will be served outside. You ready?”
“I’m so full. But okay , the walk down to the beach will clear my tummy”
I scrunched up my face , ‘tummy? Really Karina? How old are you again?”
“Do you not like sex Matt?”

I laughed loudly , “don’t threaten me baby girl. I’m gonna be a pouty Mob leader if you refuse me sex which will not turn out good for my enemies”
She laughed , when we reached the beach my nerves came back. This was it.
I held out her chair for her and waited until she sat down , I pushed it back in and then walked over to sit on my chair.
I put a plate full of hot fudge chocolate pudding with ice cream in front of her. Inside her dessert , cliche I know , has a letter inside which asked whether she’d want to marry me.
“This looks yummy.” She dug in which made me smile. My smile widened when she chocked on the paper. My nerves took over again.
She took the paper out of her mouth and read it. Her eyes widened.
I took that as my moment to stand in front of her , on one knee with the tiffany box open to reveal the ring.
She gasped and stared at me.
“Karina Elisabeth Benson , never in my life have I thought that I deserve you. You’re the most beautiful , intelligent , funny , loving and crazy girl I have ever met and I don’t ever want to spend a minute of my life without you. I know I’m a bad person , i’m a criminal but yet you’ve stood by me , never letting me get too over my head , yelling at me when I take my frustrations out on you. I’m sorry for everything. There’s no one in this world I’d rather have than you so do me the favor , make me the happiest man alive and become my wife babe? Karina , will you marry me?”
With tears in her eyes , streaming down her cheeks she stood up and flung her body into me kissing me all over my face.
“Yes Matthew Charles Sanders , yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes I will marry you. Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!! God I love you”
I laughed picking her up and swinging her around , “we’re engaged babe. We’re engaged”
She laughed through her tears , “we’re engaged”
After awhile we sat down and continued eating the dessert.
“I can’t wait to tell everyone”
I laughed , “everyone knows babe.”
She took my hand in hers , “your parents and Amy?”
“The only reason they’ll come is because of you”
“Come on Matt that’s not true. They’ll be happy for you”
I sigh , “let’s not spoil the mood. We’re engaged that’s all that matters”
“All that matters”
I kissed her softly , when I pulled away she kissed my lips again letting her lips linger.
“I can’t believe I’m engaged to you. Who knew we’d end up together back in high school”
I stroked her fingers with my thumb , “Our parents. And me”
She grinned , “you?”
I nodded kissing her hand. “i loved you since the first time I saw you. You were sitting at the caffeteira with Tanya , laughing. I remember you wore a pink polka dot dress and your hair was up in a ponytail. You looked gorgeous and I instantly took a liking to you”
She smiled , “I always thought you were hot. You were the bad boy in school , bunking school , smoking weed and cigarettes and drinking underage. I found it so sexy”
I laughed , “when did you fall in love with me?”
“At prom. You stuttering like a fool , blushing when your mom wanted us to take pictures. I found it so adorable , and I instantly fell in love”
I smiled big , my dimples popping out. “I fell in love with you the day of Troy’s departure , you cried so hard and when I wrapped my arms around you , you curled up in it and calmed down. I fell in love with you because I finally saw you vulnerable. From that day on I want to protect you”