Status: Finished ; Sequel coming!

Where I Want to Be

Chapter 7

“Have you decided on a date yet?”
I looked at Kim and then nodded my head , “yeah. We’ve talked about it and we want in on the 23rd of June. It’s a special day for us”
“what’s so special about it?” his mom asked , smiling.
“it’s the day we realized our feelings for each other.”
“That’s cute. Have you started planning yet?”
“No. And I don’t want a wedding planner. I’ll get Tanya and Amy to help”
Kim grinned and kissed my cheek. “Thank you for marrying my son”
“Kim” I started , sighing softly. “Please make peace with Matt before the wedding. That’s all he wants and while he’s too stubborn to admit it he misses his mom and dad. He thinks the only reason you’ll come to the wedding is because of me”
She smiled sadly , “I was pissed at Matt for turning his life to the dark side but I’ve thought long and hard about it and if you could stay with him and not leave , then it can’t be too bad. Then he’s still the boy I raised”
I nodded , “he is. He’s still the man I fell in love with and I doubt he’d ever change. Yes joining the mob wasn’t the smartest idea but it’s his choice and as long as he doesn’t change then I’d stay and support him and the guys”
“I’ll talk to him. Let him know that Gary and I still love him.”
“Thanks Kim”
“Have you told your brother you’re getting married yet?”
I shook my head , “no. There’s no signal where they are. But the chief said he’d speak to him”
“He’s gonna be so happy. Is he giving you away?”
I nodded , “I think so.”
Just then Tanya came in with a small smile on her face. She looks like she had just woken up.
“Hi Mrs Sanders”
“Hi Tanya. How are you?”
“Oh Fine. You?”
“I’m good. And no more Mrs Sanders , you’re part of the family now”
She smiled , “thanks Kim. Well I’m gonna shower”
“Enjoy babe” I said earning a wink from her. Kim laughed ;
“You’re happy she’s here aren’t you?”
I nodded , “extremely. I just hope she’s staying longer than a couple of weeks. I miss her”
“Well I think so. I mean she’s gonna want to be here for the planning of your wedding”
“I really hope so. Well fancy another coffee?”
Kim shook her head , “no thanks honey. I think I need to go , Gary probably wonders where I am. I just wanted to deliver the cake”
I laughed softly , “hell I forgot about that already”
Kim chuckled , “yeah. So I’m off. Thanks for the coffee , and I’ll see you soon. We should go to lunch someday”
“That’ll be nice. Oh Kim? Please talk to Matt. Even if you only call him”
She nodded , “I will. Have a nice day”
“You too” I hugged her and let her out , closing the door when she was already driven away.

**
I sat down with Tanya on the patio. We were eating some of Kim’s cake and drinking Tanya’s special mocha chocolate with cream.
Needless to say , I’d have to spend tomorrow in the gym.
“So where’s your lover boy? The only guy I’ve seen today was Zacky”
I chuckled , “work. Like always. Matt never has any days off.”
Tanya smiled and sipped on the warm drink , “so guess what?”
“What?”
“Brian has been very , very flirty with me.”
I cocked my head , “really? Well are you returning it?”
She smiled , “you know me. But , he has a reputation Kar. He’s treated girls like rubbish”
“I know” I nodded , “but I think it’s different Tanny. He asked me whether you were seeing somebody and when I said no , he had this happy glint in his eyes. He never has a happy look on his face talking about a girl. He always has this sadistic smirk knowing he’s gonna have sex with her and throw her away.”
She nodded , “I just... I’ve been hurt a lot and I like Brian. I don’t wanna get hurt”
“Just.. don’t give him a chance yet. Let him work for the chance. Then we’ll see if he’s legit or not”
“Okay.” Just then we heard the garage open followed by Jimmy’s loud voice.
“I think they are here” she said making me chuckle.
“Babe?” I heard Matt’s booming voice.
“On the patio” I yelled back , very softer than he did.
The guys and he all walked out to the patio. Matt walked over to me and kissed me.
“I see cake. Where’s the cake?” Zacky yelled hopping up and down making me wonder if he’s really a criminal.
“In the kitchen. Once you’re done getting a piece put it back.”
He nodded kissing my cheek and ran back into the house.
“Had a rough day boys?” Tanya asked checking their appearances.
Brian nodded , “yeah but we got our money. Now we’re happy”
“You done working for the day?” I asked Matt who was still standing next to me. He glanced at Brian , nodding.
“Yeah we’re done”
I nodded
“Uh” Bri spoke up making Jim and John grin. Matt took my hand playing with my fingers.
“Tanya??” he asked , and in all the years I’ve known Bri I’ve never seen him so nervous.
“Yeah?”
“Wanna take a walk with me?”
She looked over to me with a knowing look. I nodded to her and she then said yes to Bri who instantly got more nervous.
‘o-okay let’s go.”
Brian kissed my cheek and said he’d take good care of her , then both of them left.
“You guys wanna watch a movie?”
They all nodded , “as long as we don’t watch a chick flick”
I chuckled , “fine. No horrors either”
They groaned but agreed nontheless.
I grabbed Matt’s hand and walked behind the guys , they set up an action movie , I think it’s Need For Speed.
“Okay this is fine.”
“We need popcorn. A movie without popcorn is like ice-cream without chocolate sauce” jimmy said hurrying to the kitchen.
I cuddled into Matt as he and Johnny shared a conversation. Zacky joined us a few minutes ago with the biggest slice of cake I’ve ever seen.
“I hope there’s cake left Baker” I said. He grinned childishly , “yeah there is. A little bit. It was a small cake”
I laughed , ‘no it wasn’t. But that’s fine. The rest is for you boys”
Jimmy came back with 4 bowls of popcorn. He then pressed play on the machine.
I almost cried when the accident occured and Pete was dead. Since the first movie Pete was my favourite.
“Matt , your fiancee is gonna burst into tears” Jimmy said mocking me , making me glare at him. Matt chuckled , “aww it’s just a movie baby. He’s still alive and well in real life”
I glared at him slapping his arm and scooted away childishly.
I then snuggled with Johnny who smirked at Matt’s distraught face.
“If that’s how you’re gonna play” Matt said acting all dramatic.
The rest of the movie was watched in silence because according to Zack a movie can’t be appreciated if you cannot hear.

****
Tanya and Brian came back hours later , Matt was in the office with the guys so I was sat infront of the TV watching reruns of Friends.
It was the episode where Rachel found out Ross cheated on her and while that was sad I had to laugh at Joey and the rest of the gang as they were locked in Monica’s room.
The door shut and I looked up from the television to see a blushing Tanya and a grinning Brian.
“How was your walk?” I asked
“Nice” she drawled out. Brian grinned , kissed her lips and kissed my cheek before walking to Matt’s office.
“Oh you better start talking” I said she laughed.
“We walekd on the beach talking about what we want in life , and we were completely similar. I told him about my insecurities and he convinced me that he’d try better with me , he’ll win my trust and he won’t break my heart. So I said to him that we must take it slowly and he agreed.”
“Awww” I gushed , “that’s so sweet!”
“and Kar?”
I ‘hmmed’
“I decided to...not go back to London.”
I squealed tackling her to the couch , “best news ever!”
She giggled and sat up , we both completely into the programme on TV