Status: Sequel : be patient with updates

Out of the Blue

Chapter 3

Amy was coming to visit today , she was staying for a week at my house. Her job finally gave her some time of and she was fleeing from Pittsburg.
Mea said she was bringing someone with , apparently she and Amy talked all the time. I just hope Amy wasn’t bringing home a boyfriend.
My phone ringing brought me out of my thoughts. I smiled when I checked Caller ID. It was Mea.
“Hey baby” I smiled.
“Hey” I heard her voice on the other side , “you coming over for a little bit?”
“Aren’t you at work?”
“I was but I don’t have any scheduled surgeries anymore so I took off. I’m tired”
I laughed , “you sure you don’t want to go to sleep rather?’
“no , I just want to cuddle with my boyfriend. Come over”
“Yes ma’am. I’m on my way”
She hung up after giving me a kissy noise and I made my way to my car. I drove to Mea’s apartment and saw Brian’s car in the driveway.
We exchanged extra keys to one another’s house 2 weeks ago so I quickly unlocked the front door and walked in.
“babe?” I called out.
“Yes honey?” Brian smirked , coming out of the kitchen.
I laughed ; “no my other babe?”
“awe damn man , you just know how to break a guy’s heart”
I smirked
“Mea’s in her room. Gena and I were drinking coffee”
I smiled , “alright”
My smile softened when I saw my girl sleeping soundly on the bed. I laughed at the fact that she told me to come over for cuddling and yet she’s asleep but I decided to push my shoes off my feet and hopped on to the bed with her. I grabbed a blanket by the foot of the bed and wrapped my arms around my girl. I snuggled my face into her neck and gave it a sweet kiss before falling asleep.
“Mea , Matt”
“Meandra , Matthew”
I groaned when I heard Brian’s voice after a few minutes of resting my eyes.
I glanced at Mea who was still deep in sleep and gave her a kiss on the cheek before walking silently downstairs.
“where’s Mea?” Brian asked loudly , followed by Gena saying something louder.
“Shut the fuck up guys” I snapped , “she’s sleeping”
“still?”
“yeah , it’s her first day in how many weeks that she’s home before 5pm”
“Oh , well just wanted to let you know , Larry called your phone while you were sleeping and he says we’re having a tour meeting tomorrow at 8”
I nodded , “okay”
“Oh and Amy texted you. I didn’t read it. You know , I don’t answer other people’s phones”
I laughed at that and decided to see what my sister wanted.
From : Amy
Hey. Mea’s phone is off and since you’re second bestI decided to tell you. I’m half and hour away from Cali , so more or less an hour away from your house. See you then
I walked to Mea’s room and even though my heart broke in doing it , I woke up Mea.
“baby” I cooed , “babe it’s time to wake up”
She stirred and took my hand that was next to her and cuddled into it.
I chuckled softly , “come on Mea. You need to get up now. Amy is on her way”
She groaned and puller her pillow over her head.
“Meandra Williams , if you don’t wake up now I will never kiss you again”
She flashed me a tired smirk , “works for me”
“Mea” I whined.
She groaned and opened her eyes , rubbing it making her eyeliner smudge over her eyes.
“You look cute sweetie” I teased her. She rolled her eyes and went to the bathroom.
“Are you never speaking to me again?” I asked her.
She continued to ignore me , so I did the one thing I knew would piss her off and tickled her.
“Matthew Charles Sanders” she gasped. “Oh now you did it. Go play with Brian”
I chuckled , “alright ma’am”
I walked downstairs and found Brian sitting in front of the TV , watching an old rerun of Friends.
“since when do you like Friends?” I asked him , sitting on the couch.
He smirked , “well if you knew anything about me”
I laughed ; “drama queen”
“so we doing anything tomorrow?” I asked him.
“I thought sissy is coming?”
“She is. But she can hang out with us as well.” I said.
He nodded , “sounds good man. Let’s go to Johnny’s?”
“yeah okay. I’ll tell the others”
He nodded , “so girly kicked you out?”
I laughed ; “yeah I pissed her off”
“what you do?”
“Nothing really. I tickled her”
He laughed ; “you should know now that nobody tickles Meandra Williams”
I chuckled , “true , true”
Mea walked down the stairs , in jeans and a blue halter neck jersey. She had her hair curled softly. She looked gorgeous.
“hey Bri” she said , grinning.
“Hey Mea”
“where’s Gena?”
“she had to get something at the store. I don’t really know”
Mea laughed , “so what’s going on between you two?”
He gave Mea an innocent grin , “I don’t know. Probably nothing”
Mea laughed , “just don’t break her heart Gates”

******
“Yeah , see you in 5. Bye Ames” Mea grinned into the phone and then hung up. I sat down on the barstool in my kitchen and looked at her expectantly.
“she’ll be here in 5 minutes” Mea said , smiling softly at me.
“So I guess our alone time is over now , isn’t it?” I groaned.
“Matthew” she warned.
“What? It is”
“No it’s not and say that again when Amy is here and I won’t sleep over anymore okay?”
I sigh , “fine”
“Stop pouting and enjoy the time with your sister”
‘fine”
“stop saying ‘fine’”
“Fine”
“Matt!!’
I laughed and gave her a long kiss.
The bell rung and I inwardly groaned , afraid that Mea might hold to her warning.
She pat my leg and stood up , walking towards the door.
“Mea” I heard Amy squealed.
“Ames!! Aww I’ve missed you so much”
“I’ve missed you too Meannie!! Oh meet Robert , my boyfriend”
My jaw instantly clenched as I stood up from the barstool and made my way over to the door.
“Oh lookie here. Matt finally decided to make his presence known”
I chuckled slightly at my sister. “Hey Sis. How’ve you been?” I asked her after I gave her a hug.
“I’m doing good. You?”
“Yeah excellent.”
“Good. Now I would like for you to meet my new boyfriend. Robert”
I gave him a look that clearly made him shrunk.
“Matt. Say hi to Robert” Mea said with a warning tone and a clenched jaw.
I obeyed her , but already knowing I would get in serious trouble later on for my next actions :
“I’m Matt. Amy’s older brother and also the one who may be responsible for wringing your neck”
Robert’s eyes widened , he gulped and took a step back.
“Matt” Amy frowned.
“I-I don’t w-want to cause any trouble man. I like Amy , very much”
Before I could say anything , Mea spoke “well come on in guys”
Amy and Robert both smiled at Mea , and Amy gave me a disapproving glance when they walked into the house.
Mea didn’t say anything to me but the look she gave me made me realize that I’m in deep shit.
She walked into the house and I followed her like a lost puppy.
“Okay , so wht do you guys want to drink? I haven’t started on food so I hope you’re not too hungry”
Amy laughed , “that’s fine Mea. We have eaten on our way here so I’ll help you later on with dinner. Babe what do you want to drink?”
“Uhm , I’ll have a coke please Mea” he said softly.
“I’ll come help you with the drinks Meannie”
“No , no Ames. Let Matt get the drinks. It is his house”
I opened my mouth , but decided to not argue with her so I stood up and asked everyone excluding Robert what they want to drink.
They both told me what they want and Mea gave me a look “babe ask Robert what he wants”
“He already said!” I argued.
“Ask him again. Maybe he has changed his mind”
“Fine” I said sulkily , “what do you want?”
“I’ll just have a coke thanks”
I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen.
While I grabbed the drinks out of the fridge , I heard Amy chuckle slightly.
“You’re torturing him Mea”
“He deserves it. Why he has to play the “Over Protective Brother card “ blows my head around”
“He cares. I would have done the same” Robert said.
“No don’t defend him. He’s in a lot of trouble”
I rolled my eyes and groaned. I did not want to be in the dogbox now.
I grabbed the drinks and walked out of the kitchen and into the living room.
I gave Mea her drink first , then Amy’s and then Robert’s.
I sat down on the farthest chair , it was my way of sulking.
“Babe... come sit next to me?”
“No thanks” I mumbled.
Both Amy and Mea held amused faces.
Robert said something to Amy and the next thing I knew Mea was walking my way.
“Robert wants to talk to you. I suggest you be a good boy and not back talk , insult , or threat him. Got it?” she whispered.
I narrowed my eyes at her , “got it. Loud and clear”
She smiled softly at me “don’t be pissed babe. You’re too cute to be pissed”
“I told you I don’t like being called cute”
She chuckled , “well I like calling you cute. Now behave” she gave me a kiss on the forehead and then left with Amy up the stairs.
“Uhm okay. I’m going to be straightforward here , you’re huge. And very , very intimidating. I now know why none of Amy’s boyfriends ever lasted. But I like your sister , I think I’m in love with her even. So please just give me a chance”
I wasn’t convinced. I knew any other person would disagree with me but I couldn’t get myself to actually be convinced with his little speech.
I grunted and sat forward.
“Look , Robert. I don’t believe you. You might have fooled Mea and Amy but you can’t fool me. I see right through you. I will do everything in my power to get Amy away from you”
“Matt you’re only gonna run in more trouble with your girlfriend and probably your sister as well if you keep on treating me this way”
“I’m not fucking treating you any way. I don’t like you and I think you’re wrong for my sister. I’m not giving you fucking permission to see my sister so I suggest you fucking back off”
“Excuse me?!! You’re not my fucking dad and even if you were I wouldn’t care about whether you like my boyfriend or not. I like my boyfriend , and I want to keep seeing him. You will not ruin it Matt. You’re in a happy relationship , and I want that too. And I’ve got it with Robert so back off and fucking let me live my life the way I want to. Stop fucking telling me what I can and can’t do Matt. God , you’re only 3 years older than me” Amy screamed from behind me.
I glanced at Mea quickly before returning my gaze to my sister.
“I fucking don’t like this punk and I forbid you to see him Amy. I don’t fucking care what you think but I can tell he’s not good enough for you”
She slapped me hard on my left cheek.
“Don’t tell me what to do Matt. Or you’d fucking lose another family member”
“Mea I think Robert and I are just going to bed.”
“No Ames you are not. We still haven’t had dinner. Just let me handle him okay?”
“Alright”
Mea grabbed me by my ear and dragged me to the kitchen. I instantly felt like a kid who was about to get punished by his parents.
Except this was worse.
“I swear Matthew if you want to actually have any sex ever again in your life you will go apologise now”
“I’m not apologising. I stand for what I believe”
“My God Matt , this isn’t a religious debate or something. Either you apologise or you’ll lose Amy forever. You know that. Do you want your dad and sister to hate your guts?”
“He’s only going to hurt her!” I yelled.
“Vince said the same thing about you Matt! But he warmed up to you and now he’s one of your best friends. Don’t make a mistake that can change your relationship with Amy forever!”
I rolled my eyes and decided to bring the immature me out.
“I’m not apologising! Apologising is a sign of weakness!!”
“You always apologise to me!” she yelled back.
“I get fucking stupid whenever I’m with you” I yelled and instantly realized what I said. Mea’s face was inner shock along with anger and hurt.
“Mea—I didn’t mean that” my voice was close to cracking.
“Just go to the basement or something Matt. Say goodnight to Amy and Robert and just go”
“I’m sorry” I said hoarsely.
“I know. Go cool down and then we’ll talk in the morning”
“Are you staying here?”
“I don’t know. I have to entertain our guests but I think I’d sleep at my apartment and then come back early.”
“baby I...”
“Just go cool down before you say or do anything that you’ll regret again”
I nodded and hesitantly gave her a kiss on her cheek and then walked out.
Amy and Robert sat with shock written faces.
“Uhm... I—I’m sorry Robert , and Amy. I really am. I’ll talk to you later. Sorry for making your visit terrible”
Amy stood up and walked over to me , hugging me tightly.
“She’ll get over it. It’s Mea , she has been dealing with a lot of shit with you. Your drinking problems , your smoking stages. Your anger issues”
“Yeah , I’ve had a lot of problems but I’ve never taken any of them out on her. Anyway I’m going to cool down and give her space. Sorry again and goodnight”
“Night Matty”
I walked down to the basement , or as Mea always called it my mancave. The 3 punching bags for my anger issues was very helpful at the moment as I was punching one almost of the rails.
Why did I have to open my big mouth?