Status: Complete :) No sequel, sorry! xx

Beyond the Sea

Chapter 22

I woke up to the sound of the guitar strumming, what seamed to be downstairs. Now who fucking decides to play the guitar at, I looked over to the clock; eight thirty in the morning.

I pulled the pillow over my head, maybe it was just my mind playing tricks with me or something. Minutes later I heard nothing, peace and quite once again. Finally.

Yea, no. I was just about the fall sleep once again when I heard the sound of the guitar strumming once again, but this time in a higher tune, clearly audible. I jumped off the bed and threw a hoody over my body before making my way downstairs. I was about to shut the hell up whoever was playing it. As I walked down the stairs the sound was getting louder and louder as I reached the end of the staircase. I gasped at the sight that I saw, Tom and Siva were on the guitars while the other boys were next to them.

Tom started on his guitar once again, with a very familiar tune. I felt my eyes start to water, no one has ever sang happy birthday to me, ever. Siva started off this first chorus, each of the boys adding their harmony into it. Just then the girls came out of the kitchen with a cake and the candles were lit. I smiled at and let out more tears of happiness. They cared.

I stepped off the landing of the stairs and tried to wipe away the tears as Nathan say the last voice. I never heard him sing live before, his voice left chills through my spine and goosebumps all over my body. It was strong but at the same time soft and comforting.

"Happy Birthday too you." he finished off, I let a new set of tears start streaming down my face. No one would ever know how much I cared about him and here he was making my heart flutter.

I walked over towards all of them and engulfed them into one big hug.

"Thank you, thank you! No one has ever sang Happy Birthday to me."

Max was the first one to pull away. "Seriously?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I'm not kidding."

"Well I'm glad that it was worth it."

"It sure was." I said.

"Sophie make a wish." Kelsey stepped towards me with the cake in hand. I leaned over it and thought of a wish, a wish that would never come true.

I want Nathan Sykes to be mine.

I blew out the candles and then looked up at everyone smiling. Next thing I knew the cake was shoved into my face. I gasped as I felt the cake falling down my body and into the floor. I tried to to wipe the cake off my face, and saw that everyone was on the floor laughing hysterically. I picked up the remainder of the cake that was on shirt and flung it onto Kelsey. She stopped laughing and looked at me in shock. I smirked and placed my hand on my hip.

"It isn't so funny now is it? She got up of the floor and picked the cake that was no on the floor lifted it slowly and flung it onto Tom. I started cracking up hysterically.

"You little bitch." he muttered, he then sprinted after her as she darted away from him. Then all hell broke loose, everyone got up from the floor and started flinging cake all over the place. I tried dodging pieces and finally made it into the kitchen. I scurried over to the fridge and opened looking for something that I could throw. Pasta, perfect! I grabbed it out of the fridge and then closed it behind me. I ran back into the living room to see cake all over the place. Max and Tom were trying to protect each other from Kels and Mich who were throwing cake in their faces. Jay was on Sivas back trying to throw cake onto Nathan's head. He was trying to hide as much as possible and ducking behind couches or hiding behind his hands. I sneaked a glance towards Jay and I lifted up the pasta in the bowl and pointed towards Nathan. He instantly got the message and sent me a wink. I saw him bend down and whisper something into Sivas ear. Siva then looked up to me and gave me a wide grin. I smirked back and then snuck my way behind the couch.

Seconds later I felt someone being pushed onto the couch, I jumped up and saw that Jay had pushed Nath onto the couch. I grabbed the pasta bowl that was hidden behind my back and held on top of his head. I then took the opportunity and poured it on top of his head.

"What The Hell?" he jumped of the couch and let the pasta fall all over him. I couldn't take it anymore and just fell onto the couch. I was clutching my stomach and tears were starting to form in my eyes from laughing so much.

"You fucking little bitch." I stopped laughing and saw that Nathan was muttering that and then walking up the stairs. I tried to fight back the giggles by biting my lip, but I just couldn't. A new set of giggles escaped my lips.

"Good job Soph." Jay gave me a high five and proceeded to sit next to me.

"That's right Bird." I gave him some sort of gangster sign. He just laughed and shook his head letting his curls bounce loosely.

"Alright, I'm going to go wash all of this cake of me now." I got off the couch and patted Jays head in the process.

I stepped on the stairs one by one and then finally reaching my room. I tried opening the door, but the door just wouldn't budge open. Damn it, I locked my self out of my own room. I guess I'll just have to use the main bathroom down the hall.

I walked into the shower shutting the door behind me. I tied my hair into a bun. I stepped out of my sweatpants and sweatshirt so I was only left in my undergarments. I walked over to the shower turning it on and making sure that the temperature was fine. Satisfied I opened the curtain and was about to unclasp my bra when the door opened. I shrieked in surprise and saw who it was; Nathan.

"Nathan get out." I threw the nearest thing that was closest to me which was a towel and onto his face. He just chuckled and stepped inside locking the door behind him. I started getting really nervous, here I was half naked with Nathan. I tried stepping back as he itched his way closer to me. My back eventually hit the wall and Nathan was coming closer. I felt his body right up against mine, he hands found their way around my waist and pushed me further into him. I closed my eyes feeling my chest rise up and down, we were too close for my comfort.

"N....Nathan you need to get out." I managed to say. He didn't respond, he lowered his head onto my neck.

This is what I wanted right? This is all that I've been asking for all of these months. And now I had it but it felt different, it felt like he actually wanted this more than I did. Like he didn't even care about Dionne anymore.

I squirmed in his arms as I felt his lips suck on the same piece of skin. I gently pulled his face back to look at mine, our eyes were interlocked and I moved my hands behind his neck interlocking them. He made the first move and pulled me closer to his body by my waist. I leaned up on my toes and our noses were pressed up against each other. Our eyes never left each other, I can't believe that after all of this time this was finally happening again. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to be pinched sooner or later.

Then it finally happened, our lips met. It felt perfect, just right. I tried pulling his head closer to mine every once in a while nibbling on his lip. He gently lifted me up so my legs were wrapped around his waist. He gently set me onto the bathroom sink neither one of us pulling apart. I rested my hands onto his chest feeling his toned chest through his shirt. His hands found their way to my bun and pulled the hair tie out so my hair was let loose. I felt his hands running threw it and gently tugging on it. I felt his tongue graze over my bottom lip asking for entrance, I emediatlly excepted and we were both battling for dominance. My hands found the bottom hem of his shirt, I pulled away and took off his shirt. I licked my lips of the view that I saw, I guess all of the months was a benefit. He became more toned and a six pack was clearly started to show, I ran over his chest with my finger and then brought my lips to his neck. His hands then found the back of my clasp and then realization hit me. What the hell was I doing?

I pulled back from him and gently pushed him away."Nathan, stop. You can't do this to her." I said while looking away. I wanted him more than anything but I wasn't going to lead him onto something that he was eventually going to regret.

"What, why?" he asked while pulling on his shirt.

"You know exactly why Nathan." I half shouted.

"No I don't, tell me" he asked me angry.

"Because you're fucking engaged." I yelled frustrated, tears already streaming down my face. He stayed silent and just looked at me hurt."Out." I said while pointing towards the door. He sighed and stepped towards me placing two hands on my thighs, I looked down not able to see those eyes one more time. He lifted my head up to look at me and leaned in one more time placing a quick sweet kiss on my lips. I didn't have the energy to pull away. Eventually, he pulled away and brought his lips closer to my ear.

"Happy Birthday Beautiful." he whispered and kissed my cheek before walking out. He closed the door shut and I let all of those tears roll down my cheek once again.

Why was I such a mess, I could of had him again. But I just let him go so easily.

-----

"Happy Birthday To You."

Everyone sang for the hundredth time today. We were all having my birthday dinner, and Tom and Kelsey insisted that the waiter brought over a cake to sing once again. It was probably the sweetest thing they every did.

"Thank you guys for everything today." I said while taking out a piece of cake and popping it into my mouth.

"No problem hun, but the night still isn't over." Nareesha said.

"What but you guys all ready did so much." I said while gesturing towards the cake and presents that were the end of the table.

"Doesn't matter, now open your presents." Nareesha added excitedly.

I rolled my eyes and giggled at her and reached over to grab a bag. I opened the card and it was from Max and Michelle. I glanced up at them and smiled then reached into the bag. I struggled to look for the item and when I finally caught it and pulled it out. I gasped in shock they were a pair of diamond earrings.

"What no, I can't accept these." I said sounding guilty.

"Please, keep it. Wear it for the wedding." Max said. I smiled and nodded. Then Siva and Nareesha handed me over an envelope. I grabbed it and opened it questionably. Finally I pulled it out in shock and almost pissed in my pants.

Mother Fucking Coldplay tickets.

I squealed in my seat and jumped off running over to them. "Thank you thank hank you." I then cooled myself down and sat back in my seat.

"No problem Hun." Nareesha said. I winked back in response.

Next Jay handed me over a plastic bag. I raised an eyebrow and rolled my eyes. I opened it up and then felt my cheeks get red as I pulled the object out. He got me fucking condoms.

"Better be safe than sorry." he said with a smirk. I shook my head and threw them back into the bag.

"This is from us." Dionne said, handing over a bag. I smiled and took it. I opened it an inside was a limited addition Rose gold Michael Kors watch.

"Nath picked it out." Of course he did, he knew me too well.

"Thanks I love it." I said facing Dionne and not Nathan.

"This is from Tom and I." Kelsey handed me a neatly wrapped box. I took it off her hands and placed it onto my lap unwrapping the box.

"Oh My God I love them." I squealed while pulling out a pair of nude Jeffrey Campbells.

"I know you too well." she said, I giggled and put the shoes into a bag.

"Okay guys seeing as it's already eight, why don't we go back to mine and get dressed really quick and then we head to Tahiki?" Michelle suggested.

"Sure why not." I said while getting up and grabbing all of the bags into my head following the others out of the restaurant.

I climbed into shotgun next to Michelle as she decided to drive today. In the back sat Max, Siva and Nareesha.

Michelle started down the familiar road to her house, and I just let my body relax after an exhausting day. The cake fight in the morning, the kiss with Nathan, the dinner, and I still had tonight.

I didn't know why I stopped myself from Nathan earlier, I could of probably had him again. But the thought of what we were Dionne just replayed over and over in my head. But he didn't seam to mine, as if the fact that Nathan always crawled his way back to me.

Were here Michelle called out as the car stoped in front of her house, I stepped out and followed her and the others into the house. We walked in and everyone made their separate ways either making a cup of tea, watching tv, or getting changed.

"I'll be down in ten, I'm just going to change." I called out as I made my way up the stairs and into my room.

I walked in and noticed something on my bed and walked over and saw that it was a black dress with the cleavage opened and covered my a thin fabric so it was opened. I gasped, who put this in here. I then saw a note standing on my dresser. I walked over to it and read it clearly shocked.

Sophie,

Happy Birthday, Wear this tonight.

Nathan