Status: Complete :) No sequel, sorry! xx

Beyond the Sea

Chapter 35

I pushed my body back down on the mattress, and leaned my head against the palm of my hand. I let my eyes travel around the room as Nathan walked out of the bathroom, fixing his tie. He glanced over at me and rolled his eyes. “Sophie why aren’t you ready.” he asked in a serious tone. I shrugged my shoulder and rolled my bottom lip down.

“Come on Sophie, you can’t hide forever.” I stared at him and his eyes were full of concern.You see this was our first public appearance as a couple. We were invited to the Pride of Britain award’s and at first I was ecstatic over it. But as the clock started ticking down, I felt more and more reluctant to go. I was honestly just scared that people were going to start sending hate to me again, Nathan and I have been an official couple for three weeks now. At first, I had the same old hate but since then it hasn’t died down, as a matter of fact, it only got worse.

“I’m just scared of going.” I said, he tilted his head to the side and walked towards me. He took me into his arms and set my into his lap, I layed my head in between his neck and shoulder and he ran his hands through my now curly hair; which was done for the occasion. “What are you scared of?”

I began playing with the buttons on his shirt and took a deep breath. “You know exactly what Nath. I’m tired of all this hate, it hurts me. My body aches when they start calling me fat, or a slut, or I’m only using for your fame. I thought it was all going to stop, but it’s only gotten worse. They hate me Nathan.” Thats all that it took for me to break down in his arms, tears rolled down my cheek and onto his shirt. He tried soothing me by rocking me back and forth, but none of that helped.

I was already broken.

“Sophie, please don’t listen to them. It’s not worth your time.” I lifted my head up and stared at him and my bottom lip trembled. “How the hell am I not supposed to listen to them Nath? Huh? They’re everywhere, they find me when I’m shopping, or at the grocery story, even when I go and get a simple cup of coffee. You don’t get it Nathan, they hate me.” His eyes scanned every part of me looking for a sign that I was possibly lying, but I wasn’t it was the truth.

“Sophie, why didn’t you tell me.” His voice cracking, he lifted his thumb and began on wiping away my tears. I looked down and began playing with my hands. “I didn’t want to worry you, your fans mean the world to you. I could never come in between you and them.” I heard him sigh and he tucked two finger’s underneath my chin, lifting it up so that I was now looking into his green eyes.

“Don’t you ever say that. You are my main priority, I love you more than anything else. Any fans that send hate to you aren't my real fans.”

“But....” before I could even finished, he placed his lips on mine giving me a sense to shut up and gave me a quick peck. “Nope, I don’t want to hear it. Just go and fix your make up really quick and then go get ready because the car’s are coming to pick us up in a half an hour.” He said while lifting me up and placing me on the ground. He kissed my forehead and picked up on what he was doing earlier. I walked downstairs and saw Michelle getting her hair done, by one of the hair dresser’s while the other make up artist began packing everything up. I tapped her shoulder and she turned towards me, with a brush in hand.

“Do you mind, just retouching my make up really quick.” She smiled and nodded her head. “Of course, just take a seat.” I sat myself next to Mich, as the stylist worked on my makeup really quick..

“Mich?” I asked, she turned her head towards me. “Yea?” I didn’t though move my position, seeing as though I will most likely get poked in the eye. “Did you get hate, from like the fans when you began dating Max?”

I heard her sigh and she took a couple of seconds before she responded. “I'm going to be a hundred percent honest. I never got it like how you got it. Sure a couple of fans sent me little remarks here and there. But nothing as bad as you.” she said with her voice full of concern.

I let out a puff of air and groaned.”Why me?” I whispered. I heard her shuffling around and then next that I knew, my body was turned to face her. “Sophie. I’m pretty sure Nathan has told you this before and I’m going to tell you as well. Hell! I’ll even tell Max to tell you. Don’t listen to them, ever. It’s not worth it. It’s hard for them to understand because of Nathan’s previous relationship. But it will get better.”

I nodded my head, and took what she said into thought. Maybe she was right, maybe this was going to get better after a while.

“Now, go get ready. We’re leaving soon, so go get your dress on.” I nodded my head and got off the school and made my way upstairs. I walked into my bedroom and found Nathan standing in there, with his suite on except he was struggling to put on his tie.

I giggled and shook my head. He looked up at me and held out his tie motioning for me to help him. I walked towards him and took the strands in my hand, he tilted his head giving me more room and I tightened it up and then patted his chest, signifying that I was done. He looked down at me and smiled. “Thank you.” he said while pecking my lips. “You’re welcome.” I whispered against his lips, he gave me one last peck and walked back into the en-suite bathroom.

I closed the door and grabbed the dress that was hanging in the closet. I stripped down only leaving me on my skin colored bra and panties. I unzipped the dress and pulled it over my body, I tried pulling the back zipper up, but my arms wouldn’t reach all the way around.

“Nathan.” I called out desperately, he peered his head through the doorway that was inbetween the bathroom and the room. “Yea.” I turned around, so that my back was facing him and motioned towards the zipper. He walked over and his cold hands were placed on my shoulder. I pushed my hair to the side and tilted my head. I felt his soft lips pressed against the base of my neck, and I shivered under his touch. He pulled the zipper up and then turned my body around so that I was now facing him.

I leaned up on my toes and pulled his face down, by his tie so that he was only centimeters apart from me. I scanned his eyes and bit my lip, he pulled me into him by the small of my back and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He grabbed my hand and interlocked them together.

He slightly jerked my body forward and closer to me, he swayed our bodies back and forth. No music was being played, yet his body still moved in sync. He bowed down and held out a hand. “May I have this dance?” I giggled and shook my head as I started walking towards the bathroom.

“There’s no music, silly child.” I called over my shoulder.

“Oi, come back here?” he shouted as he sprinted after me. He locked his arms around my waist and I leaned my own body against his chest, as his head laid on my shoulder. “Get your stuff together babe, we’re leaving in ten.” he said as he pecked my cheek one last time and then walked out of the room.

I took one final look in the mirror as I scanned my body making sure, every piece was perfect. I wore a cream Krisp Tone panel bodycon dress, that ended mid-thigh. I paired it with a pair of Allsaints almond colored platform’s. I fixed my hair quickly and grabbed my clutch and walked out of the room as my name was being called from downstairs.

-----

“Sophie, just hold onto my hand and don’t stop until we reach the red carpet, got it?” I nodded my head as Nathan informed me of what was coming next. This was my second public appearance since New York when we went to the premier; as Jay’s girlfriend. Now the table’s were completely turned and I was going with the man that I wanted to go with.

Nathan stepped out of the Cadillac and held out his hand motioning to help me. I gladly accepted it as I stepped out and millions of flashed appeared before me. Nathan squeezed my hand as we began walking through them and into the venue. Just before the actual ‘red carpet.’ There were hundreds of fans standing by the barricades attempting to get a picture with the boys. The all exchanged looks between each other and the Siva nodded towards the direction of the fans.

Nathan laced his fingers with mine as we were just about to reach them, but before we can reach any further I stopped him. “Nath, I think it’s just better if I waited here.” I said pointing to where I was standing, only five feet away from the fans. He nodded and kissed my forehead. “I won’t be long.”

He walked over to them, and I smiled in ‘awe’ as I wrapped my coat tighter around my body. Nareesha, Kelsey and Michelle come over to me as we watched the boys interacting the fans. I scanned over them as I came across to particular girls. They were giving me a cold odd look, I attempted looking away but there stare only became more intense.

One of the girls, held up her hands. I squinted my eyes and saw her mouthing ‘Fuck You’ while giving me both her middle fingers. My eyes began to water; but I just shook the thought away.
‘Don’t let them get to you Sophie’ I repeated over and over in my head.

Ten minutes later, the boys came back and Nathan wrapped his arm around my waist as we began walking down the red carpet. Every so often looking in different directions and smiling. “You alright babe?” he whispered into my ear. I looked at him through my eyelashes and smiled.
“Yea, I’m good.” I lied, I wasn’t going to screw his night, I just wasn’t.

We finally reached the entrance, when a reporter with a camera man came upon us. I smiled as she began talking into her microphone. “Alright, here we have Nathan Sykes and his fiancee Dionne Bromfield.” I kept a smile across my face, trying not to create a scene. “No this isn’t Dionne, erm we’re no longer together.” Nathan spoke up, trying to hide the annoyance in his voice. I kept my smile, most likely looking like a fool by now, but really my body didn’t respond any other way.

“Oh, I am so sorry.” she said with a sorrow in her voice, trying to show sympathy,. “Well who is this young lady then.” she said again trying to change the subject. Nathan looked over at me and smiled almost as he was proud of this moment. The first time that he was going to call me his in public.

“This is my girlfriend, Sophie Leigh.” I bite my lip and looked towards the camera as I felt the heat arise in my cheeks. The reported tilted her head and smiled, she held the microphone to Nathan and asked him another question.

“Is this one a keeper?” He pulled me closer to him and held my hand. He glanced over at me and then back camera.

“Definitely.”