New Beginnings

New School

After all of the paper work is filled out, I head upstairs and change into my white tank top and hello kitty short shorts and then I call Josie. She picks up on the first ring.
"Keke, I miss you so much. How is it in Florida? Meet any guys yet? Is the house nice? What's going on?" She rambles on and I laugh.
"Jay, be quiet for a minute and I'll tell you." I practically yell at her. I wait a few seconds to make sure she'll stay quiet. "The house is nice, it's a 2-story, modern light blue home and the shutters are white. It's better than my old house, I regretfully say. I haven't met anyone but I start the school tomorrow. It's too hot here in Florida and I miss you like crazy. I even miss Mr. James. It's that bad." We both laugh hysterically at that.
"In just 3 months, I'll come down there. I need a new tan and I'm sure that all of those Floridian boys look good." She says, and I can hear her smirking. I roll over and look at the clock: 10:38.
"Hey, Jay, I have to go. It's late and I don't want to sleep in any of my classes just yet." I say, rolling my eyes.
"All right, Keira, I'll talk to you tomorrow!" She says and hangs up. I can't help but smile and then frown because I miss my best friend so much. I roll over onto my stomach and close my eyes.

Just as I am on the border of sleep, there's a creak at my window. One eye slowly comes open as I look towards the window. There's a silhouette, just looking in my window. It looks like a dog. Everything is quiet and I sit up very slowly, reaching for the lamp beside my bed. The light comes on and it's still there, this time the window is opening. I freeze, unable to do anything but just sit there and watch the window open. I watch as it climbs in the window and then I can see it clearly. It's a beautiful, menacing wolf, the fur a sandy-brown and the eyes a deep, rich brown. The movements of the beast are graceful.

It carefully lopes toward my bed, the claws making a 'ting' noise on the ground. Just as I pull in a breath to scream, the wolf shakes its body, the eyes never once leaving mine. I sit up more and watch it, making sure my movements are extra slow.
"What are you doing here?" I murmur, narrowing my eyes just slightly. The wolf doesn't seem to want to hurt me because its just staring at me. Then I shake my head, this isn't real.
"I'm dreaming, aren't I?" I ask the wolf, almost laughing. Then I stand up and reach my hand out toward the beast. It can't hurt me, this is my dream and I control it how I want to. The wolf stares at me and I reach my hand onto its silky fur. It closes its eyes and breathes out in almost a sigh.

"You're a cutie." I grin and run my hand along its spine, scratching my nails against the skin. The wolf rolls over onto its belly and looks at me. I scratch his belly vigorously and his tongue pops out of his mouth, his back leg starts kicking and I laugh. I pat his head and lay back down in my bed.
"I want another dream." I whisper, closing my eyes and picturing something else in my head.

"You want another dream? You got it." A masculine voice says behind me. I feel a shift on my bed and I turn over. There, next to me, is the boy from the store, and he doesn't have a shirt on. This is a dream I would rather be in, I smile and place my hands on his hard stomach. He slides one arm around my waist and draws me into him.
"You're beautiful." He whispers lazily as his nose goes into my messy hair. I bury my face into crook of his neck and breathe in. He smells like the woods and the earth. His mouth finds my ear and he starts nibbling it. It tickles and I giggle into his shoulder. His chest rumbles with laughter as I turn onto my other side, his hand stays on my waist as he pulls me into him. His fingers run slowly onto my belly as I close my eyes. Finally, I sleep a dreamless sleep.

The next morning, I roll over and stretch. I roll into the pillow next to me and shoot straight up. It smells like woods, and I furrow my brows.
"That's weird.." I mumble to myself and shake my head. I glance at the clock: 6:52. Crap, I have 8 minutes to get ready and get to school. I can't believe my mother let me sleep this long. I rush into the bathroom, run a brush through my hair, brush my teeth, and quickly pull on skinny jeans and a blue v-neck. I sprint downstairs and grab the keys to my dads beamer, I start the car and head to the school, with 5 minutes to spare. Finally, I find a parking spot and then walk up to the front office, my book bag hanging off one shoulder, papers in hand. The front office lady smiles at me.

"Thank you so much, Miss Becker, I hope you will have a good first day here. If you want, you could come here after school and tell me about it." She keeps smiling and I can't help but smile back.
"Thank you, Ms. Sanchez. That means a lot." She nods and hands me my schedule.
"Your first class is chemistry, it's out of the office, take a right, walk up the stairs and it is 2 doors down on your right." She makes the gestures with her hands and then shoos me away so she can answer the phone. I start walking in the directions she told me and then up the stairs. I stare at the door to my class and take a deep breath. I knock on the door and wait silently, the teacher pops her head out of the door and smiles at me.

"I take it that you're my new student?" She says, her voice soft and mother-like. I nod and she opens the door further. "May I see your schedule?" I hand my schedule to her and she smiles again. We walk into the class together and I feel everyone staring at me. She holds up the schedule to the class.
"Who has Walker next for Home Ec?" She says loudly. One person raises their hand and Miss Becker smiles. "Yes, thank you, Jason. Meet Keira, can you show her to Walker's class next?" I look over at the boy and almost fall over. It's the boy from the store and the boy from my dream last night. "Keira, you can go sit behind Jason if you'd like." Miss Becker says and I nod, taking my schedule back and walking to the desk behind Jason. He grins at me and tips his head lightly.

"Hello, Keira." He says as I sit down. His voice is exactly like in the dream. Just thinking about the dream gives me goosebumps. "Can I see your schedule?" I hand it over wordlessly and he looks it over, trying to hide his grinning. "Looks like you're lucky. We have every class together." My hearts skips a beat and he hands the schedule back. Then he shoots me a crooked grin and turns around. I don't even pay attention to what the teacher is saying, I'm too busy thinking about the boy that is 3 ft in front of me. Then, the class is over and he's standing up, I quickly grab my things and stand up to follow him to our next class. He's easily 6'5, giant compared to my 5'3. He turns and looks at me.

"Ready?" He says with a small smile, I nod and we leave the class. He walks beside me the whole time, so many people call his name and high five him.
"Well, aren't you popular?" I say as we enter our next class. He laughs and ushers me to a free table with two seats. We both sit down.
"I am captain of the football team and my father owns the biggest law firm in this little town." He says matter-of-factly. I smile and shake my head. The teacher comes in, greets me and introduces me to the class and then goes right into what we have to cook today. I love cooking so I listen intently and wait for instructions. After we make our project, the teacher gives us an A and uses ours as an example. Then we eat it. The rest of the day goes on in a blur. Algebra 2 with Mr. Johnson. Personal Fitness with Mrs. Beasler. And English with Mrs. White. Before I know it, I am walking out of the last class with Jason, talking smoothly. He walks me to the office where I tell Miss. Sanchez that I had an awesome first day. She smiles and waves goodbye to me.

Jason walks with me to my car and grins.
"I hope you did have a good day. Because I can promise you, it only gets better from here."
"Jason! Why didn't you meet me at our usual spot? What had to be more important tha-" One of the girls from the store came up and stopped short when she saw me. "Oh, it's the new girl. You know people like us don't hang out with people like her." She says with a sneer. Jason sighs.
"Chill out, Larissa. She's in all of my classes and I had to take her around." He says, putting an arm around her. My eyebrows shot up at this and I understood.
"Don't worry, I was just leaving. And I won't be talking to Jason anymore." I say and get in my car, slamming the door and starting it. My anger boils inside of me, who was that girl? She doesn't even know me. And I thought that Jason was being sweet, not because he had to show me around. Oh well, I know I won't be talking to him for a long while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking long to update but it's a long one! Comment comment.