Status: Active! My first story so tell me what you think!

Change of Perspective

Chapter Seventeen: In Love With an Angel

**Aliana's POV**
I awoke to my body bursting with pain that felt like I was burning from the inside out. I could barely move from it. I let out slight whimpers from the pain. I try to open my eyes only to see a sliver of my room. Jess was beside me on my bed and had her cool hand on my forehead. I could feel her panic. A deep voice was speaking softly and if I had to take shot in the dark, I would guess that was Zane calling Vincent.

"Oh good Goddess! She's awake, Zane! Are you ok, hunny?" She asks her voice reaching a high that hurt my ears.

I could barely speak so I shook my head 'no'.

"Jessie, can you go get some ice packs for her, we need to lower her temp before Vincent and mother get here." Zane says trying to sound calm. He didn't fool me.

Jess left my side reluctantly. Zane took her place.

"All will be ok, sis. Vincent will be here soon, both of you will be fine." He says petting my hair away from my sweaty forehead.

What the hell?! Both of us?! What's wrong with Vincent?!

'GO TO HIM' a inner voice speaks.

I make an attempt to move but pain racks my body almost making me sick again. Zane holds me still making sure he was gentle still. A tear runs down my cheek, what's wrong with Vincent? I need to see him, to hold him. Jess must have returned with the ice packs because I started feeling the icy feeling on my arms, chest, and forehead. It eases the pain in my body but my heart is still burning at the thought something happened to Vinnie. I hear a distant women's voice calling out and my eye shoot open.

"Vincent!!" I yell hoarsely, yearning to feel his gentle touch and deep, rumbling voice.

I hear something getting knocked over and hear the women's voice panicking but stumbling footsteps get closer. Then, I see him in the doorway grasping the frame with all his strength. Zane goes over to his brother to help him over to me. Vinnie allows him to help. I finally see Vincent. Eyes bloodshot and with dark circles around them, veins visible, and his once tan skin now pale. I cry even more because he looks so sick. Jess moves and helps Zane put Vincent beside me. He lays down facing me. The three leave and shut the door.

"Aliana... I am so sorry, darlin'." Vincent says his voice just as hoarse as mine.

He grabs my hand and squeezes lightly.

"What are you sorry for, Vincent?" I ask turning over to him, realizing my pain is now a dull ache.

"I--Gods Aliana, when I was holding you after the fight with Theo... Your heart stopped...." He says closing his eyes tight, like he was fighting off tears.

Shock rushes through me. I died?

"In my heartache, I somehow willed you to live.. I somehow gave you--half of my life force--" His voice breaks and he turns his head away. A single tear betrays him.

I died. He literally gave me his life so I could live.

"So in doing that I cursed you with not being able to leave my side otherwise both of us will became extremely sick. If we stay that way---we both wou---would die. No coming back." He finishes barely.

I didn't know how to respond. I was so choked up, all I wanted to do was hold him. I pulled him closer to me and snuggled into his chest. I was his already and he thought he trapped me, Now I literally have a reason to be clingy. I laugh a little.

"How are you laughing?" He asks clearly upset still.

"I was just thinking that , this actually gives me a legit reason to be the clingy girlfriend." I say giggling.

He chuckled at my bad joke and wrapped his arms around me. My eyes begin to get heavy.

"Are you tired?" He asks yawning.

"Very. Don't move I am very comfy." I say almost a threat.

"What will you do if I do not?" He laughs.

"I will tickle the shit out of you, now shush it and let me sleep on you, man-pillow." I say.

He laughs and I hear the front the door shut. He must have told them to leave. It wasn't long before I was fast asleep on my man-pillow.

**Vinnie's POV**
After all that has happened to this poor girl, she still accepts me and wants me. This is what an angel must be like. She seems so fragile but she keeps surprising me with how sassy she is. What an incredible woman and I can call her mine. My sweet little angel, Aliana. I can't forget that her horns hold up her halo. What in the world did I do to deserve this strong but caring woman. I can feel my strength returning along with my demon. He was clawing at the surface. I pushed him back. My phone buzzes in my pocket. Carefully not to wake her, I take it out and look to see who texted me.

Zane: Hey bro, I will take care of your room, you fucked it up pretty good. Mom is worried to hell so just be careful not to let Aliana's mom see you. That would be a disaster.

I text him back: Thanks. Tell ma not to worry. I will hide when her mom comes home. Thank you for everything, Zane. I owe you big.

Zane: I will collect don't you worry. hah!

I smile and put my phone on Ali's headboard. I rub my eyes and grab the nearest blanket to cover us. I re-adjust gently to hold Ali better. Finally, I feel myself relax and drift off with my woman in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay to those who actually read my story! I AM SO FRIKKIN' SORRY!!!! My life has been a roller-coaster these past 4 months and I feel so bad!!! I will try to update at least once every week or so!!! I'M SORRY AGAIN!!!