Status: I will update this every so often, so please don't be mad at the breaks! :)

Better for You

Chapter 17

“We should probably go back now.” I whispered, entangled in Harry’s arms as we both sat peacefully underneath the tree. Harry was sat with his legs wide open, and I was sitting inbetween his legs with my fingers entwined with Harry’s as they rested on my stomach.

“I don’t want to leave.” Harry moaned, kissing my cheek. We must have spent the last hour just inhaling the presence of each other and talking about the most random of things. Harry had brushed over the topic of Lucy, and how she had become obsessed with hurting me. He claimed that she had been acting clingy over him which had been driving him crazy as he didn’t want to be with her; he never had done.

Apparently Lucy likes to go from guy to guy; it’s something that she’d always done. Harry was the same which is how they became ‘mates’. Harry had never liked Lucy really, but they would hook up every so often just for fun. Harry swore to me that he was being serious about us and would do anything to show that.

“Me neither.” I replied, leaning my head back onto Harry’s shoulders.

“Will you stay with me tonight?” Harry asked and I bobbed my head up and down in reply to his question.

“Of course.” I answered, leaning up to kiss his cheek. “So, I was thinking.” I began, as I stood up.

“Oh no.” Harry commented, earning a sarcastic smile from me as I pulled him up from the tree.

“Anyway, you said that you wanted to show to me that you’re serious about us, right?” I checked and Harry nodded. “Then prove it.”

“What do you mean?” Harry asked with a twisted expression that showed confusion.

“Prove it; show me that you’re being serious about us.” I replied and Harry’s face remained confused.

“How?” Harry asked and I shrugged, as his face lightened. “I’ve got an idea.” Harry told me, grabbing my hand and leading me towards my car. “Can I drive?” Harry asked and I nodded my head slowly and suspiciously as I dug out my car keys out of my bag, then throwing them to Harry as he successfully caught them and unlocked the car.

“What are you doing?” I asked sceptically as Harry started the engine.

“Proving myself to you.” He answered, as butterflies erupted in my stomach… How old am I?
After a short journey through an unfamiliar neighbourhood, Harry parked up outside a bar. “Where is this place?” I asked as we got out of the car.

“Not the nicest of areas, but they don’t check ID so.” Harry told me and I nodded my head as Harry stopped walking towards the bar and spun around to face me. “Ok, so you know what my friends are like right?”

“Yep, they’re dicks… No offense.” I replied bluntly causing Harry to laugh a little.

“None taken – it’s the truth – but that means that you’ll understand what I’m about to do means.” He told me and I frowned at him, not sure what he meant but I didn’t stop Harry as he took my hand and led me into the bar.

Harry scanned the bar quickly until his eyes rested on a group of people. As we walked closer I was certain that Lucy was standing in the corner of the group… Next to Zayn? What was Harry planning?

Harry led me in front of them all and before I could say a word Harry smashed his lips onto mine in a powerful kiss. Unfortunately the kiss didn’t last long as Harry pulled back, resting his arm over my shoulders as he looked at the rest of the group who were staring at us star struck.

“Guys, I want to introduce you to Izzy; my girlfriend.” Harry introduced and a small smile overcame my lips at the word ‘girlfriend’ and how it rolled off of his tongue so perfectly. I heard a little chocking and I looked to find Lucy bent over in the middle of a coughing fit.

“Wh-What do you mean, girlfriend?” Lucy asked, her face paler than snow.

“What do you think I mean?” Harry replied and Lucy shook her head before storming off outside.

“Well she took that well.” I mumbled quietly, causing Harry to chuckle a little as he kissed the crown of my head in a simple yet heart-warming action.

The rest of the group seemed to start muttering amongst themselves apart from Zayn who walked up to us. “Guys, I’m happy for you. Unlike Lucy I think that you’re great for each other.” Zayn told us with a sly smirk on his face. I smiled at him and thanked him, deciding not to question his happiness, before walking outside to go and find Lucy.

It didn’t take much searching to find Lucy, she was slouched against the brick wall, a cigarette inbetween her lips as she inhaled on the toxic stick, then exhaling a cloud of smoke. “You just gonna stand there and stare?” She asked, finally acknowledging my presence.

I cleared my throat and then took a step towards her, tempted to knock the cigarette out of her hand but deciding against it. “Why are you so mad about Harry and I being together?” I asked bluntly, not really feeling like sugar coating it. If Lucy doesn’t like Harry and I being together then that’s her problem.

“What’s it to you?” She asked and I shrugged my shoulders. “Unless you’re not sure if you can trust Harry and so you wanted to see if I’m mad at him because we had something between us or something?” Lucy accused and I looked towards the ground in shame as Lucy had hit the nail on its head.

“Can I trust him?” I asked looking up at Lucy, staring her dead on at her dull green eyes.

“If you think that Harry and I have something going on then you are wrong. Harry and I have occasional casual sex, nothing more. But if you’re unsure about something else then I’d suggest that you talk to Harry about it.” Lucy told me before taking another drag from her cigarette.

“If you what you had was just casual sex then why did you react how you did?” I pushed, not buying what she had said before. She said that they had ‘casual sex’ but that doesn’t mean that she doesn’t like him.

“Because I happen to like Harry as a mate who is single. When guys get into relationships they spend all their time with their girlfriends and I don’t want Harry to do that. And also I just don’t like you.” Lucy replied and I rolled my eyes at her dig at me, choosing to ignore it and go inside instead.

I saw Harry talking to Zayn in the corner of the room, far away from everyone else and so decided to go up to Harry as I didn’t know anyone else that was here. “Hey.” I said from behind Harry, and he turned around to face me smiling a little.

“Hey, what was up with Lucy then?” Harry asked and Zayn walked back over to the rest of his friends.

“She was just a little bit insecure about you ditching her for me basically.” I told him and he nodded his head, looking at me with a weird expression and glimmer in his eyes. “What?” I asked.

“Nothing, do you want to go now? I know that this isn’t really your kind of scene.” Harry asked and I nodded my head in reply. “Ok.” Harry said, leading me over to his friends where he told them all goodbye before leading me out of the bar and towards my car.

As soon as I got to my car Harry spun me around to face him, and then captured his lips onto mine in one swift motion. His kiss took me by surprise, but I quickly recovered by kissing him back and wrapping my arms around his neck. “What was that for?” I asked breathily as we pulled back.

“Because I can.” He answered and I grinned at him, pecking his lips one more time before moving back from him.

“Who’s driving?” I asked and Harry shrugged. “Well, as you so kindly offered.” I said teasingly, getting into the passenger seat, and watched Harry through the windshield as he walked to the driver’s side of the car.

“You don’t like driving?” Harry asked as he got in the car and turned the keys, bringing my little golf to life.

“I don’t mind it, but driving on the wrong side of the road can be a little stressful.” I answered and Harry nodded, keeping his eyes glued onto the road.

“Well, we drive on the right side of the road, unlike you Brits.” Harry replied and I raised my eyebrows at him.

“Hey, don’t go insulting my home country!” I replied, playfully hitting his chest which was, to my surprise, fairly muscular. I’d always thought that Harry was mainly skin and bones due to his lanky form but the black shirts that he wore clearly did no justice to what was underneath.

“I’m not insulting it… I’m just saying that you drive on the wrong side of the road because in America we literally drive on the right side of the road.” Harry explained and I shook my head at him, giving up in the argument as it would have no final agreement.

“Have you lived in the US your entire life?” I asked.

“Nope, I grew up in England until I was 5 but then my dad got offered a job in America so we moved over here.” He answered as he turned a corner, his tongue darting out to dampen his lips as he did so. Harry’s British? I had no idea!

“So you’re British as well then?” I pushed and Harry glanced over at me in the corner of his eyes with a smile on his face that was of course accompanied by the most amazing dimples in the history of dimples.

“Blood wise yes, but my visa says that I’m an American citizen.” He answered and I smile widened.

“What part of England are you from?” I asked, feeling my phone vibrate in my bag but choosing to ignore it, this conversation was getting interesting.

“Holmes Chapel.” He answered and I nodded my head, some of my relatives had moved near that area when I was younger and had started a family near there.

“That’s really cool; I have relatives that live in Chester!” I replied and Harry glanced at me in the corner of his eyes with a smile growing. Why does he keep on looking at me like that? There’s something on my face isn’t there. Or my hair’s messed up.

“Ok, why do you keep on looking at me like that?” I asked suddenly, and a redness appeared on his cheeks. Had I made Harry Styles blush?

“Because, after a while of wanting something it feels unreal to finally have it.” Harry replied as he pulled into the college parking.

“Aww, really?” I asked, fluttering my eyelashes at him. Harry just sat there while I stared at him fluttering my eyelashes like I had mascara in my eye and giving him what had to be the perviest smile in history.

“Ok, stop with all that shit; it’s weird.” Harry finally spoke.

“Good, I was worried that you’d gone soft for a moment.” I joked as I got out of the car.

“No, you know me; I’m tough and all that shit.” Harry spoke as we walked inside and entwined our fingers together.

“And I wouldn’t want you any other way.” I finished, leaning up to reach his lips, quickly pecking them before hearing a gagging sound from in front of me. I furrowed my brows, pulling away and looking in the direction of the sound where I saw Andy.

“Eww.” She winged, wrinkling her nose.

“Would you like me to kiss Harry again?” I asked teasingly, raising my eyebrows at her.

“So you two are a proper couple now?” Andy asked with her wide eyes staring at the two of us.

“Mmhmm.” I replied as Harry snaked his hand around my waist, quickly pulling me towards him so that I could kiss his cheek.

“That’s great, but Harry just to warn you – if you hurt Izzy again then you’ll have to face me and most probably Abby.” Andy warned and Harry nodded his head making Andy smile as she quickly hugged me before passing us down the stairs as we continued our journey upwards.

“Well that wasn’t too bad.” Harry murmured under his breath.

“No, considering the face that Andy hates you not at all.” I replied as we began walking down the
hallway that led to my dorm.

“Now I’ve just got the rest of your friends, and one of them just so happens to be Abby who hates me.” Harry replied and I laughed, stopping outside of my dorm as I fished around in my bag to find the key. Once I found it I quickly unlocked the door which opened to reveal Abby typing away furiously on her phone as she sat on the bed with her legs crossed.

“I’m in a really bad mood Izzy, Niall said that he’d pick me up 30 minutes ago and now he’s not even picking up his phone.” Abby ranted, refusing to look up from her phone.
Harry and I stood silently for an everlastingly long awkward second before I broke it by clearing my throat, “Um, Abby.”

“Yeah?” She asked finally looking up from her phone, and when she did you could see her physically jumping on her spot on the bed. “Harry? What the hell are you doing here?” She asked looking between the two of us with wide eyes.

“Um, Harry and I are…” I trailed off and Abby’s jaw dropped, as she looked at me like I’d confessed to killing my parents and a litter of kittens on my way home.

“No, no. Please tell me that you two are not a thing. Please. This has to be some kind of joke.” Well this is going splendidly…

“I’ve given Harry another chance Ab-” I began but I was cut off by Abby’s sharp voice.

“Yeah, and what’s this? The third or fourth chance? How many chances do you have to give him before you realize that he’s too broken for you to fix?” Abby shouted, this was going much, much worse than I expected. I’d expected her to get mad but then accept that it is my life and that I can do what I want for it but Abby was livid.

“Abby, I get that you’re looking out for me but this is my life and I want to be with Harry. Can’t you just be happy for me?” I asked as Abby picked up her bag and stood up.

“What, until he breaks your heart and you fake being ok for the rest of your life because I don’t really feel like that.” Abby replied, brushing past me and walking out of the dorm.

“Well that went well.” I stated sarcastically, walking over to my bed and flopping onto it backwards.

“Abby’s right.” Harry stated and I sat up from my spot staring at him like he was a crazy person. What the hell did he mean by that?

“I’m sorry, what?”

“She’s right I’m going to do something fucked up and screw this up and I’ll end up breaking you even worse than I did the last time.” Harry told me and I shook my head, getting up from my spot on my bed and walking right in front of him and cupping his face in my hands.

“No, no it’s not what’s going to happen. I love you, Harry. I know that you’re not perfect and I love you despite that and I know that you mess up but I’m going to do everything I can to not let that ruin us.” I told him, staring up at his jade eyes which had a yellow tint to them in this lighting.

“But how can you love me Izzy? After all that I’ve done to you how could you possibly love me?” He asked with such vulnerability all over his features. This was the first time that he’s actually given me an insight to the way his mind works. With everyone else he put on this façade of a cocky confident ass but he was giving me an insight to all of his insecurities and I think that in that moment, if it was even possible, I fell more in-love with him.

“I don’t know how. You’re right, you have hurt me; a lot. You have said things that have hurt me. You’ve done things that have hurt me. But behind all of it I see this guy, the real Harry. The Harry who lost his sister. The Harry whose parents broke up. The broken Harry who lost himself in all of the pain.” I explained, trying to convince Harry with everything that I have that I do love him. How couldn’t I?

“But I’ve done so much shit to you.” Harry argued.

“But I love you anyway so shut up and kiss me.” I ordered, and Harry obliged, smacking his lips onto mine in an intense kiss. His tongue traced my bottom lip, begging for entrance which I withheld for a while before finally giving in and allowing his tongue to search my mouth.

Harry then pulled back from me, searching into my eyes. “I love you so goddamn much Izzy.” He whispered before pressing his lips back onto mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, Abby hasn't reacted well to Harry and Izzy being together but Harry has proved to Izzy that he is serious about the two of them being in a relationship! Sorry about the wait for this chapter but I've been REALLY busy lately :)