Status: I will update this every so often, so please don't be mad at the breaks! :)

Better for You

Chapter 22

I awoke to Harry’s breath coming in light huffs, warmly brushing the back of my neck, lightly tickling it. Instead of moving and risking the possibility of waking up Harry I instead chose the few minutes of peace to reminisce the past weeks of Harry and I being together.

I still remember when I first met him, it’s a memory that I’ve stored in my mind for safe keeping. The way he was so collected and sure of himself. If anyone had told me that I’d end up hopelessly in-love with him and as entwined with him as my earphones than I’d have burst out laughing and probably have told them to “fuck off” but now I wouldn’t want to be with Harry in any other way.

I’ve known Harry for (almost) three months and we’ve been together for (nearly) two months. It’s weird thinking back to when I ‘hated’ Harry, back when I was seeing Mike. My life back then was so different, I was doing fine and thought that I was happy but now that I’m with Harry I know just how wrong I was. With Harry there’s fire and passion, he has this weird connection with my body too. He makes my skin tingle, and my blood sing in my veins. With him I am alive; he’s shown me how to live my life to its best. Now I don’t how or what made me fall in-love with him, I just know that I fell hard and fast.

“Morning.” Harry’s raspy morning voice (my new favourite sound in the world) pulled me out of my thoughts.

“Morning, what time is it?” I asked, turning to lie on my back as Harry turned to check the time on the clock on his bedside table.

“10 ish” Harry answered and I let out a groan of annoyance. “What’s the matter? Is someone not a morning person?” Harry teased, giving me a goofy smile, which only I get to see.

“I’ve got work at 1.” I mumbled in response, hitting my forehead with my hand.

“Oh that reminds me; there’s something that I should have told you ages ago but I, uhm, I kind of forgot to tell you. Do you remember when I mentioned my mum working in journalism and maybe being able to help you out?”

“Yea…”

“Well she agreed to help you out with it and suggested that you two should meet up for lunch or something to discuss it in detail.”

“Seriously?!”

“Yea”

“OH MY GOD!! That’s like amazing! Thank you so much, you’re the best boyfriend ever like seriously. This is amazing! I love you so much.” I shouted in excitement, embracing Harry in a bear hug.

“Are you really that happy about it?” Harry asked, still laughing a little from my reaction.

“Yes, it’s like such a big de- shit; I’m going to meet your mum.” I pulled back from Harry, suddenly feeling less excited and more nervous. What if she hates me or doesn’t like the fact that I’m seeing her son, or doesn’t know about Harry and I and-

“And…?” Harry pushed.

“Well like, what if she thinks that I’m using you for this opportunity and hates me?” I mumbled quietly and Harry burst out laughing.

“You-She-No” Harry said between his fits of giggles before calming down. “Izzy, she’s going to love you, trust me. She’s wanted to meet you since, well, forever.” Harry reassured me and suddenly I didn’t feel as anxious.

“You’ve been talking to her about me? Does she know that we’re together?”

“Uhm yea, you’ve come up on a few occasions… In fact she was kind of the one who pushed me to
tell you about how I felt.” Harry confessed looking rather awkward as he got out of bed and began putting on some clothes.

“Really?” I was surprised, pleasantly of course. I had no idea that Harry was close with his mother, that probably being because he’s rather cautious with giving out his life story to people.

“Yes, now put on some clothes before I repeat what happened last night.” Harry teased as I flushed furiously at the thought of last night – his mouth needs a filter.

After an hour or so of talking and making-out I eventually left Harry’s frat house (despite his attempts of trying to get me to call in sick and spend the day with him) and arrived at my dorm. When I walked in I saw Abby and Niall in the middle of a heated make-out session on her bed.

“Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. I would ask you two to get a room but it looks like you already did!” I said, and Abby shot me a sarcastic smile.

“Well now you know how I feel when I walk in on you and Harry making-out; which I swear always happens – do you guys not ever talk?” Abby asked, grinning playfully.

“Oh hahaha; so is this your idea of a revenge?”

“It was our idea actually!” Niall replied, wrapping his arm around Abby as if to prove his point.

“Ok, when are you two going to become official?” I asked in an accusing tone, pointing my index
finger at the pair of them.

“Well as amazing as we are at sneaking around-“

“Ok, I’m going to stop you right there Mr 007, a fish is more sly than you are!” I interrupted and Niall glared at me.

“Well as I was saying, before I was rudely interrupted, was that - although we’ve been very successful at sneaking around - we were thinking about telling them in our trip to New York.” Niall replied as I put my overnight bag on the floor and sat by the dressing table, beginning to put on some eye makeup.

“What trip?” I inquired.

“Abby didn’t tell you?” Niall asked.

“Shit I totally forgot! Um Izzy we’re going to go to Liam’s holiday home in New York for Christmas; do you want to come with?”

“Who’s coming?”

“Uhm, well Niall and I, Andy, Liam and Louis’s spending the holiday with his parents.” Abby replied and I nodded.

“Well yea I’d love to come, can Harry?”

“Yea sure!” Abby replied and a smile lit up my face.

“Great, so when are we going?” I asked as I put my eye makeup away and tied my hair up in a ponytail, I had already gotten changed into my uniform at Harry’s house.

“This Friday.”

“That’s a bit abrupt, how long have you guys been planning this for?”

“Uhm, since like a week ago.”

Niall, Abby and I all went for lunch before my work shift at the small café that she’d introduced me to a while ago. I finished my shift at the restaurant at 5, and thankfully it wasn’t busy. When I got back I changed into my black ripped skinny jeans, a black tank top and brown leather jacket, unfortunately as it was mid-December now and it was getting colder and I could no longer get away with not wearing a jacket.

As Abby was spending the night at Niall’s and I had no plans I decided to call Harry to see if he wanted to do something. Harry answered on the fourth ring. “Hey Izzy.” He answered.

“Hi, what are you doing?”

“Um, I’m at the frat house with Lucy and Zayn, what’s up?”

“Um, I just wanted to see if you wanted to come over here or do something but you have company
so it’s cool, uhm what are you doing for Christmas break?”

“I haven’t got anything planned, why?”

“Well Abby, Niall and co are going to New York to celebrate Christmas and they wanted us to go, so
what do you think?”

“I think that spending Christmas with you is the best plan that there could possibly be.” Harry replied and I grinned wider than the Cheshire cat from ‘Alice in wonderland’.

“Ok, so I’ll tell them that you’re in then?”

“Yep, ur I’ve got to go, I’ll see you later; love you.”

“Love you too.” Then Harry hung up.

After 10 minutes of wondering whether I should catch up on my English classes that I’d missed or watch a movie I eventually ended up choosing to be the good student and catch up on my work.

First of all I stopped by Andy to check up on what I’d missed in class. She explained that basically all that they had done was continue working on their stories and that Mr Richards had suggested that they should be through their story by at least one third.

So, I swiftly left and made my way down to the library, where there would be no distractions such as my laptop and Netflix.

I was deep into the story when the librarian came up to me letting me know the it was shutting and as I looked outside I realised how dark it was. As I got to the door I accidently walked into someone, causing them drop all of their books. “Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry.” I told the guy as I bent down
to help him pick up his books.

“Don’t worry about it.” He told me as he looked up at me, his brown eyes meeting mine as he gasped and dropped his books once again. I laughed a little but helped him pick up his dropped books, again.

“Sorry, I, um, you’re Izzy Hartley?” He asked and I nodded, did he follow me on twitter or something? “I’m so sorry.” He told me and I frowned. What?

“What? Why are you sorry?”

“You don’t know?” He asked and I shook my head no. “Oh, well um I’ve actually got to go.” He rushed and left, leaving me dumbstruck. What the hell was going on?

When I got back to my dorm I flopped down onto my bed. What the hell did that guy mean? He was sorry? Why? As I leaned over to pick up my laptop Harry came rushing into my dorm. “Hey, what’s the matter?” I asked as he looked over to the door and locked it, before coming over to my bed.

“What’s going on with you? You know the weirdest thing happened today at the library-” I began but Harry cut me off.

“Izzy, I’m so sorry ok, you have to believe me here ok? You have to know that this was before I knew you properly. This was back when I was a dick.” Harry rushed and I frowned.

“Harry, what’s going on? Are you alright? What’s with everyone saying that they’re sorry?” I asked lightly, trying to lift the tension.

“Izzy I made a mistake, a huge fucking-“ Harry was interrupted by banging on my dorm door. What was happening?

“Izzy open up.” Was that Lucy talking? Why the hell was Lucy at my dorm door?

“Izzy, don’t open that door.” Harry warned me, and I’m not sure if it was something in his eyes or the
way his voice sounded too worried that told me that he was hiding something. Something huge. So I walked over to the door. “Izzy, you don’t want to do that.” Harry told me but I ignored his warning and unlocked the door, allowing Lucy and also Zayn to come inside.

“Ok, can someone tell me what the fuck is going on right now?” I asked, raising my voice as Lucy smirked.

“Sure, this is one juicy story, isn’t it Harry?” she said, sending me a menacing smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh!! So what's this juicy secret?! I'll try to update soon! :)

outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=150099897