Status: I will update this every so often, so please don't be mad at the breaks! :)

Better for You

Chapter 23

Songs inspiring this chapter:

I knew you were trouble – Taylor Swift
Heartless – The Fray
Over My Head – The Fray
Apologize – Timbaland ft. One Republic
Behind These Hazel Eyes – Kelly Clarkson
Wrecking Ball – Miley Cyrus

I folded my arms over my chest and gave my best game face (the face that I use to hide all my feelings – like a poker face) as I stared at Lucy.

“Explain. Now.” I demanded, not sitting down on my bed as I wanted to keep my height to show off some kind of power or something, basically I didn’t want Lucy to think that I was scared of whatever secret this was.

“Can I use your laptop?” Lucy asked, gesturing towards my laptop which was poking out from underneath my bed.

“What? No.”

“Look, I need to use it to show you.” She told me and I furrowed my eyes, but got out my laptop wearily. I looked over at Harry whose eyes seemed disturbingly panicked; what was he hiding? I hesitantly handed Lucy my laptop and she gave me a sarcastic smile as she yanked it out of my hands. She turned it on and sighed, “Izzy, what’s your password?” She asked and I rolled my eyes and took the laptop from her and typed in the password before handing it back to her.

“So Harry, do you want to tell her or should I?” Lucy asked Harry with a sardonic grin.

“Uhm, Izzy, well do you remember the night when we met? “ Harry began, looking at me with pleading eyes.

I nodded. I remembered it well.

“Well uhm, you know how you pissed off Lucy by making that comment? Well uhm, she wanted to get a revenge on you.” Harry told me, and it must have been the way that his voice broke that caused a heavy lump to form in my throat.

“W-What kind of revenge” I asked, my voice just above a whisper, it was all that I could squeeze out.

“Well, you said that you were a virgin and that gave her an idea.” Harry started but paused to look down before looking up at me; straight in my eyes. My heart started pounding heavily in my chest.

This did not sound good.

“She told me to get you to fall in-love with me and lose your virginity and then she’d break your heart.” Harry told me and I’m not sure when, but my jaw had dropped. Harry’s eyes pleaded with mine as I felt mine dampen. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Harry had been using me this entire time?

A tear fell down my cheek, despite my attempts to hold up my walls and keep my cheeks dry – it was no use. Harry had torn straight through my walls and left them in broken pieces on the ground, leaving me open and vulnerable.

“Oh, so the strong Izzy who ‘never cries’ is crying? Nice work Harry!” Lucy smirked, looking over to Zayn and putting her hand up to high-five him but he shook his head and looked up at me with guilty eyes. Maybe he does have a heart somewhere. I would be screaming at Lucy, yelling at her for how she was such a bitch for all of this, but I didn’t feel like yelling. I was too shocked. Harry had been using me for Lucy’s revenge. “Do you want to see what I did with the information? I’m pretty proud of it myself, take a look!” She smirked, turning the laptop to me so that I could see it.

My legs gave way and I had to sit down on my bed. My mouth was dry. “You-You made a website about me?” I asked although I already knew it, I was just so shocked. I scanned over the links to different pages. ‘Her Ex-boyfriend Mike’ ‘Oral Sex’ ‘Losing Her Virginity’ and ‘Her Daddy’s Affair’. Hot tears fell down my cheeks as the screen blurred together. “You did this?” I asked, my voice breaking halfway through as I stared at the three of them, Lucy who was smiling at me with smug face, Zayn who looked sorry for me, and Harry who's face was full of guilt and regret. “W-Why?”

*** Flashback to when they made the Plan – Harry’s POV ***

I watched Izzy as she walked away from the group and out of the frat house into the garden. “Pussy.” Lucy muttered under her breath and I chuckled. This new girl seemed interesting, she wouldn’t be pushed around which I liked. It was the first time that someone hadn’t given in to Lucy’s bitchiness or allowed themselves to be degraded by her snarky remarks, but with that being said; who the fuck is a virgin at 18?

Andy and Abby both glared at Lucy before running after Izzy. Lucy, Zayn and I all decided to leave their group, it was getting too boring with the whole group giving us the bitch face.

“Uh, can you believe that girl?” Lucy asked as she grabbed a drink off of the kitchen counter, not bothered about the fact that it was someone else’s drink or the fact that it was most likely spiked.

“She gave you a run for your money.” Zayn commented and Lucy rolled her eyes, finishing her drink before putting it back down on the counter.

“She needs to be taught a lesson.” Lucy said, and I could see the clogs in her mind turn as she came up with a plan. A smile covered her face as she turned to me.

“What?” I had a feeling that this was going to get dirty, and by the way that Lucy was smiling at me it was almost certain that I was right.

"I dare you to break the new girl."

"How?"

“Get her to fall in-love with you and eventually give up her virginity to you and tell me like all of the details and then I’ll break her heart!” Lucy told me and I grinned at her mischievously, she’s twisted, but fuck it.

“Isn’t that a little bit extreme?” Zayn asked Lucy, probably feeling sorry for the sassy blonde.

“Yea, but it’ll put her in her place. She can’t mess with me and expect me to be fine with it. I have a reputation to uphold; besides - it's just a little dare.” She told Zayn. “So, what do you say Harry? You in?” She asked and I smirked,
I’ve never been with a virgin.

“Yea.” I agreed, looking over to the stairs absentmindedly as I saw Izzy going up them, my eyes automatically drifting to her ass which I did not have a problem with. “Sure.”

“What about you Zayn, I’m going to need your IT skills.” Lucy smirked and Zayn inhaled a deep breath.

“What the hell, fuck it. I’ll help.” He agreed and Lucy smirked, her plan was coming together in her head and I knew that it was fucked up, but that’s the way that her brain works – something that we both have in common.

*** Earlier in the day at Harry’s Frat House – Harry’s POV ***

“So I put the website up yesterday, it’s already got over 2,000 views!” Lucy snickered as she scrolled through the website on my laptop.

“Look Lucy, isn’t this enough? You’ve spread the details of Izzy’s most private moments online ok; don’t you think that it’s time that you let this go?” I asked her, walking over to sit next to her on the sofa to see the website. Shit. This was way more than I thought that it would be.

“You impressed?” Lucy smirked.

“Fuck! Lucy, this is too fucking much! Shit, you need to take this down now!” I shouted, fucking shit. If Izzy finds this she’ll fucking hate me.

“Calm the fuck down Harry; you knew that this was going to happen.” Zayn commented from beside Lucy.

“Yes, but not this much! Fuck guys, if she sees this then she’s going to-“

“She’s going to see it. We’re going to show her.” What? They’ve got to be fucking with me.

“What?”

“Remember how I said I’d break her heart? Well this is how.” Lucy explained and I could feel the colour rush out of my face, I was going to be sick.

“N-n-no. No, no, no. NO! You, you can’t fucking do that! She’ll never forgive me!” I screamed, they’ve got to be kidding.

“And? Look this was all part of the plan so you’re going to have to stick to it whether you like it or not!” Lucy told me with a cool voice. Fuck this.

“Fuck you!” I spat before running out of the Frat House. Maybe if she hears it from me first she’ll forgive me.

*** Current moment – Izzy’s POV ***

The tears kept coming now as Lucy finished her story on how it all came to be. She didn’t bother saving any of the details for my sake. “Any questions?” Lucy asked, smiling at me tauntingly.

“Get out.” I told her, my own voice sounding different. It didn’t sound like my own voice, it sounded cold and numb.

“Aw, is someone-“

“I said get out.” I shouted and Lucy jumped at my voice, flicking her hair over her shoulder before grabbing Zayn’s arm and leaving with him trailing behind her.

“I’m so sorry Izzy.” Harry said, getting up and coming over to me, opening his arms to hug me.

“You need to leave.”

“W-What? No, Izzy. No. I can’t, I won’t go.” Harry said, standing his ground as he took a step back to take a look at me. “You’re crying.” Harry commented. I stared at him dead in the eyes with a cold face as he tried to make conversation. “I thought that you didn’t cry in front of people.”

“I don’t. I just couldn’t stop myself this time.” I told him, my voice was hoarse and strained.

“I’m so fucking sorry Izzy.” Harry said, I must be imagining the dampness that was in the corner of his eyes.

“It had my dad’s affair on it Harry. You didn’t have to tell her that but you did. You put my personal information, that I trusted you with, in the hands of Lucy?” I said with a raised voice.

“I know. It was a mistake, a huge mistake.”

“No, I’m the one who made the mistake in believing that you could be a decent person. But I was wrong. You don’t have one decent bone in your body.”

“Don’t say that Izzy. You changed me ok? You made me a better person, I haven’t loved anyone for a long time and didn’t think that I ever would but you changed that. You changed me.” Harry begged. His voice seemed so rushed, almost as if he was denying murder at a trial. But that’s a talent that Harry has, he’s so wrapped up in his own lies that he sees them as the truth. He could give a convincing argument that red is actually blue.

“I didn’t change you Harry, you’re too broken to be fixed.”

“Izzy no, I changed! I did, I swear! I love you!” Harry pleaded, but those three words that usually formed butterflies instead turned them to dust as I tasted bile at the back of my mouth.

“You need to leave Harry.” I told him, I don’t trust myself when I’m around him. I’ll either end up as a pool of liquid by his feet or I’ll slap him, and by the way that this conversation is going I strongly suspect that it will be the latter.

“No, Izzy you have –“

“Harry, you had every chance under the sun to tell me but you didn’t. You lied and stole my virginity and I can’t forgive you for that so stop wasting your time with your fake ass apologies and leave.” I told Harry and his eyes lowered as a tear trickled down his cheek, and as he looked up at me with teary eyes my heart began breaking into tiny pieces that would soon be impossible to put back together. “Please.” I begged as a tear broke free from my eyes, but I quickly wiped it away.

“I’m sorry Izzy.” Harry muttered as he gave me a final glance and then left. As the door shut I felt my whole body collapse under the heavy burden of the truth. Tears flowed freely from my eyes and soon I was choking on my tears.

Harry had lied. He I had been a part of his plan to help Lucy get revenge and he had succeeded. My heart had officially been broken and I had never felt a cut this deep. I had foolishly let him in. I had let him tear me from the inside out. I had hit rock bottom. I took a deep, shaky breath as I ran my hand through my hair as I tried to calm myself down.

Not knowing what to do with myself I made the mistake of going on my laptop where I saw the website. So I decided I’d read it, I mean I’d already hit rock bottom so it couldn’t get any worse… Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUNNNN!!! Drama! So, you should be proud of me that I updated twice in a week! ;)

So Harry had been dared to break Izzy's heart by Lucy who put all of Izzy's personal details on a public website!! Surely Izzy can't forgive Harry for this!