Kiss Me, Kiss Me

thirteen.

Celeste, a member of the opening act for 5SOS’s headlining tour stands in front of Michael and I. Her long dark hair with bright pink streaks is thrown over thin shoulders. Tiny black piercings rested in both her lip and nose. Her feet stuffed down into a shiny pair of black Dr. Martens.

‘Hi,’ I politely speak leaning into Michael’s open shoulder, ‘It’s nice to meet you.’

‘Are you two together?’ Celeste immediately questions eyeing the two of us from where she stood.

‘We better get going. I’m going to finish showing her around.’ Michael takes me by the wrist and pulls me through the crowded backstage area.

‘She seems, nice.’ I speak turning around to see Celeste talking to some boy near the dressing room areas.

‘Don’t get me started.’ Michael groans annoyed, ‘she’s a pain in my ass.’

Michael and I end up on the stage looking out at the vacant seats. He swings his legs back and forth while lying on his back. I look down at him quick enough to notice his smile.

‘What?’ I wonder lying down beside him to stare at the ceiling.

‘What what?’ he stiffs out a laugh, clearly pleased with his terrible joke.

‘What are you smiling about?’

‘I’m just really happy that you’re here.’ Michael murmurs running a hand over his stubble.

‘So am I.’

‘Alright, you two – time to clear out. They’re about to open the doors.’ The same large man who accompanied Michael to the airport calls.

‘Could you get us out to the bus? I want to show Mckenzie around.’ Michael wonders once we get to the backstage area.

Michael and I were practically pushed onto the bus by two large security guards who wait at the front of the bus. We come to a stop in front of a slender sleek door towards the middle of the bus.

‘I tried to clean up as much as I could but keep in mind that four of us share this small area with those small bunks for literally months at a time. I hope that this does not scare you off.’ He speaks cautiously as he reaches over to press a tiny button opening the door. ‘Be careful.’ He warns with a small smile grabbing me by my waist, giving me a slight push towards the bunk area. ‘This is mine right here. Calum’s below me and Luke’s beside me so Ashton’s right there. Our tour manager sleeps on the very bottom one and our stage tech guy sleeps there. I of course have the nicest bunk on the bus.’

‘What makes yours so much better than everyone else’s?’ I laugh as he pulls back the curtain to his bunk.

‘Because, it is.’ He mutters before rolling into his bunk in a one swift motion, ‘want to see?’

I hike myself up into the bunk, nearly rolling on top of Michael due to the lack of space. I rest my head on a soft pillow as he attempts to make as much room as possible for me.

‘This is really comfy. I see why you like it so much.’ I breath placing a hand behind my head, ‘I could definitely get used to this.’

‘Told you.’ Michael speaks pleased, ‘I’ve managed to fit my gaming system and my Blu-ray player in here so I have the best entertainment system in the bus which is what makes my bunk better than everyone else’s.’

‘You take a lot of pride in your bunk, don’t you?’

‘I am the only one who can make sarcastic comments in the bunk, do you want me to kick you out?’

‘You would never.’ I tease briefly glancing over at him.

‘Yeah you’re right. I like you to much to kick you out completely. Instead, I’ll just pick the movie on Netflix after the show.’

‘Oh it comes with Netflix too? How impressive. I think that I’ve underestimated the bunk of Michael.’

‘It’s not your fault. This bunk is full of surprises.’

‘Show time!’ one of the men in the front announces, I wasn’t sure which one. I think that it was the one who held onto my arm as we walked to the bus.

‘Best part of the day.’ Michael beams as he leaps from his bunk.

As Michael gets ready for the show, I wait with Bryana who stands with a perfect view of the stage. Butterflies rattle in my stomach as the lights go down and the screams erupt. The guys huddle together, a pre-show ritual Michael explains before running out on the stage together.

‘My ears are actually ringing.’ I call over to Bryana who nods her head with an amused smile.

‘I’m speaking from experience because I’ve been to over a dozen shows so far, it never gets old.’

Celeste strolls past with her bandmates, plastering a smile on her face as she passes.

‘What’s with her?’

‘I seriously think that’s just the way she is.’ Bryana fans Celeste off, directing her attention back to the guys. ‘Don’t worry about her.’

I turn around once more but by the time I did they disappeared down one of the many halls backstage.

Michael’s Point of View

I glance over to the side of the stage as Calum’s talking. Mckenzie shoots me a supportive smile and a quick wave. I wave back running a hand through my hair, messing it up in the process I’m sure. She was just so, great. That’s it. Tonight’s the night. Tonight will be the night that I finally ask her to go out with me. Maybe I could do it once we reach Paris, it’d be romantic I guess. I’m not good with all this romance and relationship stuff. I haven’t had much experience in the whole “girlfriend” area but I knew that Mckenzie was the one I wanted to go there with. I needed to find the perfect location and time. It has to be great. Like her.

Mckenzie’s Point of View

Once the show was over I patiently wait in the dressing room. Michael rushes in along with Luke running around the room gathering their things.

‘Did you like the show?’ Michael wonders curiously as he throws random items in his duffle bag.

‘I did – you guys were really great out there.’

‘Thank you.’ Michael and Luke chime in unison, ‘see you two on the bus.’ Luke pulls his bag over his shoulder as he hurries out the room.

‘Ready to get out of here?’

‘Ready when you are.’ I nod linking my arm through his anxiously, hearing the screams and shouts that were right outside the door.

‘Don’t worry, there’s plenty of security and barriers. I’ll stop for some pictures and you go to my bunk, I’ll be in soon.’

‘Okay.’ I agree.

‘Can you make sure that she gets on safely?’ Michael walks me over to one of the security guards.

‘Of course.’

Through the flashing lights and yelling I make it onto the bus then head to Michael’s bunk as planned. Michael comes in shortly after flopping down in his bunk next to me.

‘I cannot wait until we get to Paris so I shower and sleep in a nice fluffy bed.’ Michael muses using a towel to pat his glistening skin.

‘How long does it take to get to Paris from here?’

‘Around three hours.’

‘I’m so excited. I cannot believe that we’re on our way to Paris right now.’

‘I have a feeling this trip is going to be really good.’ Michael smiles in return.