Status: a continual Work in progress

The Real Story

Back at it Again

June 30, 2013 3:00 pm (EST)

“Hey beautiful! Sorry I missed your graduation.”

I hear on my voice mail when I finally turn it on. I then see that he left me:

• 17 text messages
• 15 missed calls
• 10 voice mails

“Hey Sweetie, call me when you get this.”
“Hey Babe, no worries I’ll be there for your party.”
“Hey Baby, are you mad at me or something? Call me when you get this.”

• Messages 23-10
• Messages 10-5
• Message 4
• Message 3
• Message 2

“What the fuck did I do? Call me, I really need to hear your voice. I love you, see you soon.”

I decided that his theatrics warrant a response. So I called him back. And as usual I only got a voicemail message reciting the following:

"Hey, this is Pete, leave a message and I'll attempt to call back......... After the tone please leave a message"

“Hey Petey, sorry I didn’t get all of your messages. I’ve been busy all day. I can’t wait to see you. Call me when you get this. Love you.”

I waited hours for him to show up. He never did, or at least not until after my family left. When he finally showed up I was so furious. I’ve never looked so much like an ass to them in my whole life. All he had to do was meet them. Just prove to them that he wasn’t the asshole they thought he was. But no, he couldn’t even do that.

“Hey Baby, sorry I missed everything.”

Of course his tone was missing the enthusiasm.

“I waited all day. You stood me up and made me look like an asshole waiting for you!”

“What was I supposed to do?!”

“I don’t know, get here about 4 hours ago. Especially since your plane landed 6 hours ago!”

“Well maybe if you answered your fucking phone when I called. Maybe then I’d consider coming and not feel like you didn’t want me around your fucking family.”

“I was getting ready for my party and for you! I didn’t get a chance to answer anyone!”

“Bull shit! You are such a hypocrite. You yell at me for ‘not loving’ you and then you turn around and pull this shit? What are you 10?”

“You won’t even let me explain! I was so fucking busy getting everything ready. Ask everyone who was here how much I had to do for you and this damn party! But, no you won’t because you won’t consider anyone else’s to-do lists if it is conflict with yours.”

July 1, 2013 11:00 pm (PST)

I wouldn’t let him go check into a hotel because I won’t let him be late tomorrow. I just won’t.

“Babe, talk to me. I’m sorry.”

He grumbled and whimpered this all night in his sleep. I just held him and whispered back.

“I know, it’s alright. Go back to sleep. It will all be okay in the morning.”

What else could I do without crying or waking him up? It kills to watch him sleep like that. It breaks my heart. I never really want to see him like this. It just- it just destroys me. I can only imagine what happens on the inside of his head.

July 3rd 12:30 am (EST)

The party went off just as I had hoped, but at this point it seemed like a million years ago. A distant memory, one of happiness instead of fighting, for once. Meh we’re flying through the wee hours of the morning to get to LA for the beginning of the summer shows he plans on playing.
Hand in hand paired with two over filled suitcases, one camera, notebooks, sketch books, pens, pencils, laptops, and everything else we needed to keep ourselves occupied for the many hours we’d be spending on the bus travelling “old school” as the guys like to call it.
I’ve never lived on a bus, and frankly I’m not sure I ever wanted to.