Your Guardian Angel

One Step Closer

Kira's POV
Matt and I sat in the waiting room, I was fidgeting with the nervousness as we waited to see the woman to discuss our application for adoption. Matt’s hand rested on my knee, stopping it from shaking. I looked up at him with a sheepish grin, he laughed at my expression before kissing my cheek quickly. When he pulled away we both noticed a middle aged woman stepping into the room.

“Mr and Mrs Sanders, I’m Melanie Watson and I’ll be handling your case, can you follow me please?” she asked, Matt and I nodded before following her to her office. When we reached the office, Melanie sat down on one side of a small desk as we sat on the other. “I’m going to be asking you questions about your life style and things like that, this will determine whether or not you are eligible for adoption,” Melanie stated, Matt and I nodded and waited for the first question.

After extensive questioning from Melanie, I felt mentally drained but happy about the concept of having a baby in my arms. I was extremely overwhelmed with happiness when Melanie said that we were suitable to adopt. She said that she would have to check out our house.

“Adoption sometime takes years,” Melanie stated with a grim look, we nodded, fully understanding the process behind adoption.

“We understand, thank you so much,” I said as I stood up, shaking Melanie’s hand before following Matt out of the office and in the direction of the car. When we reached the car, I got in the passenger seat and put on my seatbelt. I felt tears of joy come to my eyes as Matt slid into the drivers seat. Matt gave my hand a gentle squeeze, I smiled up at him as he started the car and began to drive home. When we reached the our house, I noticed Brookes car in the drive way. I smiled at Matt as he stopped the car and grabbed my hand, bring it to his face before kissing my hand. I smiled at Matt before getting out of the car, Matt quickly followed my lead. He locked the car before following me into the house, Brooke was sitting on the couch with Jake next to her.

“How did you get in?” I asked her, she laughed before reaching into her bag and pulling my keys out, she threw them to me. “You stole my keys, I‘ve been looking everywhere for these,” I said, Brooke laughed. Matt stepped into the room and was greeted by Jake, who jumped out of his seat and ran to Matt. I smiled as Matt picked up Jake. Brooke motioned for me to follow her, I obliged and followed her into the kitchen. She signalled for me to talk. I smiled widely before beginning to talk.

“We’re on the list,” I stated with a smile, Brooke squealed and hugged me tightly, when she pulled back she congratulated me.

“I’m so happy for you,” she said with a look of relief on her face. I nodded with tears in my eyes.

“I just can’t believe that we’re one step closer to being parents,” I replied, she nodded before wiping away the tears that escaped from my eyes. I hugged her once more before releasing her and returning to the living room. When I opened the door, I saw Matt sitting on the floor across from Jake playing with toy cars. They both had grins on their faces. Jake giggled loudly as Matt began to tickle him.
“Are you staying for dinner?” I asked Brooke, she shook her head.

“We’re going to Johnny’s parents house for dinner,” Brooke said with a sigh. “I love his parents but why do they have to live so far away,” she stated, I laughed and walked into the living room with her behind me. “Come on Jake, we got to go now,” She said as she grabbed his shoes. Matt helped put Jake’s shoes on before Brooke took Jakes hand and the two walked towards the front door.

“Bye Auntie Kira and Uncle Mattie,” Jake shouted happily as he ran towards the car.

“Bye Kira, bye Matt,” Brooke said before walking over to the car, she helped Jake into his seat before getting in herself. I closed the front door once she had begun to drive.

“Is pizza ok with you?” I asked, Matt nodded but pulled me into his lap before I could move.

“That can wait until later,” he said as he kissed me. I nodded and rested my head on his chest, exhausted from the day. Matt’s hand rubbed my back gently as he flicked through the channel’s on the T.V in search of something to watch.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked, I want to thank all of you for reading and commenting.
there will be another update soon, I have a storyline now and will be able to post more soon,
comment=updates!