Your Guardian Angel

Cupcake

Kira pov

I sat on the couch, staring tiredly at the TV, Matt had been gone for a week and I was starting to feel sorry for myself. My eyes were burning with fresh tears as I sat there, hearing footsteps, I tried desperately to wipe my eyes. The seat next to me was quickly occupied by Elaine, her hand was placed on my shoulder.

“Are you okay?” she asked, I nodded and turned to look at her.

“I just miss my Mattie,” I stated, she nodded in understanding before hugging me. “What happened to your parents?” I asked, I could tell by her body language that she was uncomfortable, it was not the first time I had asked her this question.

“They weren’t good parents, they hurt me,” Elaine trailed off, “that’s one of the reasons why I needed to get to know you, so I could be sure that you would never hurt this baby,” she stated, I nodded.

“I won’t ever hurt this child, I swear to you,” I exclaimed, she nodded and grabbed my hand, pressing it to her bump, allowing me to feel the slight thump. I smiled, longing to be the woman carrying a baby, able to be the one carrying a child, to know that it was fully mine, not that I would treat Elaine’s baby any different.

“I know you won’t,” she said as she released my hand, letting it fall to the seat. She rose from her seat and began to walk towards the kitchen, she stopped to look at me before smiling.

“Come on, we’re making cupcakes,” she explained, I jumped up excitedly and followed her into the kitchen. She was pulling the ingredients needed out of the cupboards. “I love cupcakes,” she mumbled as I walked over to her, she nodded and measured out the flour.

Once the cupcakes were out of the oven, we both grabbed one and began to peel off the wrapper. I brought the cake to my lips but stopped when I heard the phone ringing.

“Hello,” I answered,

“Hey baby ,” I heard Matt’s voice from the other end, I smiled widely.

“How is tour?” I asked, Matt wasted no time in replying, he said that it was uneventful and boring without me, I grinned.

“I miss you,” Matt exclaimed,

“I miss you too, but its not going to be much longer,” I stated, hearing him sigh.

“I gotta go, I love you,” Matt sighed again, “we have a show.”

“I understand and I love you too,” I exclaimed before saying goodbye and hanging up.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a filler, I love you all for reading, comments would be helpful.
I know this one isn't as good as others and that it was boring,
the story is getting boring due to me repeating the same points.
I have got a few for comments and I am happy to know that you like this story,
but I am getting to the stage were I am thinking of cancelling this story.