Status: Active

The Babysitter

Chapter 2

"Matt have you seen my necklace?" Valary asked the next night.

"Which one?" Matt asked from the closet.

"The one with the emerald pendant." She said appearing in the closet.

"Nope haven't seen it." Matt said buttoning up his shirt. "Why don't you just go without it?"

"Cause it goes with my dress." Valary said. "Speaking of which how do I look?"

Matt gave her a quick glance in the mirror before returning to his task. Her blonde hair was in a bun she wore a dark green dress that showed some back and came just above her knees.

"You look good." He said.

"Just good?" She asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"Matt do you remember this dress you gave me for my birthday." She said. "This is my first time wearing it."

"You look good in it." He said searching for a pair of shoes.

Valary sighed before leaving the closet Matt didn't want to go out for two reasons. One it would just be another date he pray would be over quick. Two he still didn't feel comfortable leaving River in the care of someone he didn't know.

After Valary told him about hiding the babysitter that morning Matt looked up Christine Brooks. Like Val had said she had no criminal record or run ins with the law. She had graduated from Huntington High the school they all had intended in their teens four months ago.

She had perfect attendance never missing a day of school, never was late for class. Also she was always either on the Principal's List or A honor role every six weeks.

Christine had also been on the cheerleading squad eventually becoming the head cheerleader. She was voted class favorite, favorite smile, favorite eyes, among other things. She was also voted Homecoming Queen and Prom Queen for junior and senior prom.

Matt had also learned that during her spare time Christine had volunteered to take care of the elderly, kids with special needs, and so on. She had taken the job as a babysitter to pay her way through college to become either a nurse or a doctor.

She sounded like every parents dream but that didn't make the uncomfortable feeling Matt had go away. He would just have to see if this Christine was everything she was made out to be.

"Matt I'm ready." Valary said.

"I'm coming." He said giving himself another look over before exiting the closet.

As he walked down the hallway a small body collided with his and arms wrapped around his legs.

"Hi daddy!" River yelled looking up.

Matt chuckled before picking his son up. "Hey buddy."

River squealed as Matt tickled him walking down the stairs as he did so. Valary looked as they approached smiling at the happy look on Matt's face. She hoped that this could save their marriage.

"Momma." River said holding his arms out for her.

Valary took him and kissed his cheek. "Hey baby."

River pulled back. "Why are you and daddy dressed all fancy?"

"We're going out so a babysitter is going to be watching you." She said.

"I don't want a babysitter." River said with a pout. "I'm big enough to look after myself."

Both parents laughed. "You're big but not big enough that you don't need a babysitter."

"Speaking of which where is she?" Matt asked.

That moment the doorbell rang. "That must be her." Valary said handing him River and going to the door.

Matt could hear her talking to an unfamiliar voice before shutting the door and reappearing with a woman. Matt's eyes grew seeing the most stunning woman standing before him.

"Christine this is my husband Matt." Valary said leading her over. "Matt this is Christine."

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Sanders." She said with a warm smile and shook his hand.

"You too none of this Mr crap you can call me Matt." He said noting the way her hand felt.

"In that case you can call me Valary." Valary said.

Christine nodded and smiled seeing River. "And you must be River." She said squatting to meet him from behind his dad's legs. "I'm Christine."

River said nothing. "Cat got your tongue?" Christine asked.

River pouted and stuck his tongue out making the adults laugh.

"I got nothing on my tongue." He said crossing his arms.

Christine chuckled. "He looks a lot like you." She said looking up at Matt.

"Everyone says he does." Valary said. "Thank you again so much for doing this Christine."

"No thanks needed I'm just happy to help." Christine said standing up. "You have a lovely home Valary."

"Thank you we better get going Matt." She said. "If there's any trouble you can contact us from the resturant or on our cells then there's your basic emergency numbers."

"Everything will be fine me and River are gonna have a fun time." Christine said.

"Not too much I hope his bedtime is nine." Matt said making River groan.

"He'll be in by then." Christine said then squatted to his height. "You like Batman?"

River's face lit up. "I love Batman!"

Christine chuckled. "Good cause I brought the complete animated series with me."

"Yay!" River said clapping his hands. "Can we watch it now?"

"Of course." She said handing him the case.

Matt chuckled as River ran into the living room. "Looks like you have everything under control Christine we'll be going."

"Have a good time." She said holding the door open for them.

"You too." Valary said as they left.

"So how do you like her?" Matt asked on their way to the resturant.

"Not gonna lie I was hestiant too but she seems nice enough and good with kids." Valary said. "I like her."

"Me too." Matt said.

But he liked Christine for more reasons then her great personality. A certain part of his anatomy showed how much he liked her.