Sequel: Who Will Fix Me Now?
Status: Complete :)

We Are an Example of Why Not to Fall in Love

Chapter Fourteen

Tom’s point of view:

I flinch when the door slams open then closed, and I see Oli crying and running up the stairs, which alarms me. Before he left, he told me that he was going to Josh’s house because he had to tell him something.

“Oli, what’s wrong?” I ask, but he ignores me and continues up the stairs to his room. I jump up from my spot on the sofa and run up after him. “Oli, talk to me!”

“Just leave me alone, Tom!” Oli cries out just before he slams the door in my face, almost whacking me in the nose in the process. I hear a thump from the other side of the door as Oli sobs. I try the doorknob, but the damn boy locked the door. I bang on the door, desperate to get him to let me in.

“Go away!” Oli screams at me. Frustrated tears brim my eyes as I give up and sit down, back to the door. I pull out my phone and send a text to Josh.

me: What the fuck did you do to Oli?!

Josh: You’re not gonna like it at all

me: WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU FUCKING DO TO MY BROTHER YOU PIECE OF SHIT I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I WILL RIP YOUR FUCKING BALLS OFF AND MAKE YOU CHOKE ON THEM

Josh: Long story… May I shorten it?

me: I WANT THE WHOLE FUCKING STORY NOW


Josh sends me a long text explaining to me what happened from his girlfriend breaking up with him all the way up to breaking up with Oli, and to say that I was livid would be the motherfucking understatement of the fucking century.

me: You know I'm kicking your ass the second I see you right.

Josh: Yes?


What a fucking dumbass! I don't know why I fucking waste my time on twats like him!

<><><>

When I wake, I'm in my own bed.

Wasn't I by Oli's door? He's probably the one who put me in here.

I get out of bed and head to Oli's room, but the door's still locked. I knock anyways.

"Oli, let me in, please?" I beg. No reply. "Oli, are you alright?" No reply. I slowly start to panic as I mutter a desperate curse under my breath.

"Why don't you use the key?" I flinch when a voice speaks behind me. I recognize it to be my mom's.

"There's a key?"

She reaches up to the top of the door frame and pulls down some metal thing shaped as an L. She sticks it in the door and twists before putting it back and walking away. I try the doorknob and it opens.

Of course I didn't know about the damned key. This information would've been great to know hours ago.

I push the door open and step into my brother's room and see him curled up on his bed. I notice that he's only staring at the wall that his bed is against.

"Please talk to me," I tell him as I walk over to him. He says nothing as I slide into the bed next to him. He rolls over and buries his face in my neck and starts to sob all over again as I hold him and try to calm him.

I'm gonna fucking kill Franceschi.

"He told me he didn't want me anymore," he cries when he's calmed enough to speak. "He said he wanted Rachelle. But he told me he loved me and said he wouldn't leave me for her."

"He's just fucking stupid, Oli. He'll realize that too when he realizes how much he misses you."

"Why would he miss me?"

"Well, because you're Oli. Oli is amazing. A lot of people love Oli."

"Not Josh," Oli says bitterly. "I don't think he ever loved me."

"Stop thinking about Josh so much. Josh is just a little bitch who cares about nothing but himself. He doesn't deserve anyone as amazing as you. You'll find someone better."

"But I don't want someone better."

"Hey, you gotta move on, big bro. If you don't do it for yourself, do it for me?"

I feel him nod. "You're the best, Tom. I love you."

"The best loves you too. Since the best wants you to feel better, he's gonna buy you Dominos pizza. Sound good?"

Oli nods, and I smile as I get out of bed to order the pizza.