Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 20 - The Wedding

The week has gone in a whirlwind. It was Rachel's big day.

Rachel had asked to take the week off from the office, and since her groom is the CEO, her request was granted. Viktor, too, had not been at the office much the past week as he was busy too. HS Group was pretty much on auto pilot the last week.

Rachel was thankful for her bridesmaids. They helped her a lot. They helped her picking up with motifs and theme and much to her dismay, it actually turned out well. They helped picking out her gown. She had no idea on what to pick, thankfully, Emma saved her with Emma's fashion sense. Stefanie, who helped raising her kids before, was doing her job again as she was helping to babysit the twins.

Lastly, Rachel's bridesmaids helped with the bachelorette party. It was not big and elaborate, considering the short period of time. They just had a get together with some friends and family. Definitely no strippers! Rachel had been clear on that, which made Sherry a bit disinterested.

"How are you feeling, Rachel?" Ashley asked her while doing Rachel's hair. It was a few hours before the ceremony. They were on track.

"I'm really nervous. I don't know why, but I feel like my heart would literally explode out of my body." Rachel said as she clasped her hands together.

"You shouldn't be nervous! You should be happy, Rach. This is your big day!"

"As I said,I don't know why. I must be going crazy with how things moves so fast." Rachel should really be happy. It is every girl's dream, to someday, have a grand wedding where she would look like a princess and she would be together with her Prince Charming who adores her. Except for Rachel's case, she was not sure if Viktor was marrying her out of love. She was thinking, maybe Viktor had asked her to marry him out of convenience, out of responsibility, and maybe even for the sake of Oscar and Alice.

Still, it was fortunate of her. Oscar and Alice would be with her and their Dad, which they obviously adore. She was sure it would break the kids' heart if she won't let them live with their father. More importantly, Viktor was now dropping a custody case which she will eventually lost.

"Well, you are excited too, right?"

"Yes, I am. I mean, we would live on the same house and the kids would have both of their parents. They would be really happy and because of that, I'll be happy too." Rachel explained.

"I know that you're happy for the kids but you're happy for yourself too, right? Are you excited to be married to him?" Rachel blushed at the question. Viktor and her had not been on good grounds lately, but she was sure they still have something. They had spark, combustion and chemistry.

"... uhm... I want to say yes to that, but I don't know..."

"Rach, one question. I expect a straight answer. Do you love him?" Ashley was almost finished with Rachel's hair. she was not looking straight to Rachel's eyes through the mirror as if saying "don't lie!".

"Uhmm."

"Rach! As you best friend, can I just say something? We've been friends the whole time you're with him. I saw how he made you happy. I was also there the day he broke your heart. I saw your hardships with raising Oscar and Alice alone."

"Ash, I don't see where you're going with this."

"Let me finish. Since he came back, your glow came back too. Somehow, after you reconnected with him, you're glowing. Believe me Rach, it would not take an expert to see that."

"Are you actually taking his side? Are you saying I should just let my guard down and fall back into his arms?" Rachel could not believe what's coming out of Ashley's mouth.

"No, Rach. I'm not taking his side, trust me, I'm not. If he ever hurt you again, I will skin him alive and you don't even have to ask me. I just feel like he's changed. He obviously makes you happy and I just want you to be happy. It seems like he could give you that happiness."

"My kids make me happy."

"With happiness, I meant romantically. Back to my original question, do you love him?"

"Yes." She swallowed and hoped that admitting her love for Viktor would suddenly make everything better.

"That's more like it, Rach. I'm so happy for you." By this time, Rachel's hair was done. Ashley noticed the the tears swealing up from Rachel's decorated eyes. "Now why are you crying?"

"Ashley, I just feel like my love would go to waste."

"Why is that?"

"I don't think he ever loves me. He did not love me back then and certainly not now. He was just marrying me because he felt like he's responsible fro me and the kids. I'm not sure anymore."

"Oh dear Rachel, don't cry, you'll ruin your make up. I'm sure he's not doing that. Believe me, every thing will get better. You whole family and I will support you no matter what." Ashley ended with a big hug.

The simple small church looked bigger and more extravagant is at was filled with all sort of decorations. The entourage had started walking to the altar. Viktor's heart was full of contempt and pride as he was his children walking down the aisle.

Oscar was the ring bearer. Viktor's little man looked so cute in his tiny tuxedo. Viktor had no doubt he would be popular with girls in about ten years from now. Alice looked cute in her tiny dress as well, while she was throwing flowers all over the place. There was no doubt, Alice would be Viktor's little princess forever.

When the entourage ended, the long back limousine finally pulled up in front of the church. Here it goes. Rachel looked so beautiful and sexy in her long bridal gown. She looked perfect in Viktor's eyes. Right from that moment, Viktor knew he made the right decision of marrying her.

Viktor's thoughts wander into some rated PG moments. He decided to stop right there and he would have some "alone" time with Rachel later anyway.

Rachel stepped down from the limo. The whole church came into view. Her heart was beting a million times a minute. She walked slowly through the aisle. Before she reached the altar, she was actually contemplating on turning back and running away. She was actually thinking of becoming a runaway bride. Who was she kidding? Viktor would not let her get far.

Speaking of him, Rachel was caught off guard by how handsome he looked. His tuxedo was perfect for him. His shaven jaw was strong. He just looked better than every time she sees him.

"You look beautiful, Rachel. More beautiful than usual." That was the first thing Viktor told her when she joined him in the altar. He flashed her a billion dollar grin.

"Thanks. You does not look so bad yourself either." She tried to match his grin.

Calm down Rachel!

The whole ceremony went by in a flash. She did not even remember most of it. Maybe she just just feeling nervous, happy, excited and all sorts of emotions. The next thing she knew was the preacher was saying "You may now kiss the bride."

So they did. Viktor gave her a quick kiss. That was a surprise since she was expecting a long and sensual kiss. She actually practiced on how she would stop him as she did not want to be embarrassed in front of many people.

"I know, what you're thinking Rachel." Viktor leaned into her and whispered so that no one else will hear what he was saying."

"What?"

"You're probably wondering why I did not smother you with kisses." He was now even nearer.

"Well, yeah. I was thinking, you'd kiss me so hard -"

"Don't worry babe, if that's what you want, you'll have it. We got so much time later."

"That's not what I meant at all." Rachel tried to protest but decided not to. she won't ruin the moment.

A lot of things had happened later in the reception. Rachel got all sorts of words of encouragement from a lot fo people, especially her parents.

"Honey, I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks, Mom."

"How are you feeling, Rachel?" asked Glenn.

"I'm feeling happy and relieved. I'm feeling a bit exited too. I'm excited for this new chapter in life."

"Rachel, your mother and I know you will be a good mother and wife. We'll alway be her for you."

"Thanks, Dad." Rachel hugged both of her parents. She could not have asked for more in a parent.

When Stefanie's family flew to Minnesota just a week ago, Oscar and Alice was delighted to see their cousins again. Alice and Oscar pretty much grew up with the eight year old Kirk and the six year old Brock. That's why they were sad when Rachel had to move them away from Milwaukee.

"Hey Oscar and Alice," Viktor said as he approached his children with two other other boys.

"Dad!"

"Who are you guys playing with?"

"Oh Dad! Have you met our cousins yet?" Oscar asked.

"No. I believe not yet. Introduce them..."

"He is Brock" Oscar pointed to the shorter one, " and he is Kirk".

"Hi Brock and Kirk, nice to meet you two." He lowered himself so he was not towering over the kids.

"Are you their Dad?" was he first thing that came out of Kirk's mouth

"Yes."

"Cool. I didn't know they have a Dad." Viktor did not have a chance to respond as someone came. Truthfully, he did not know how to respond to that.

"Hi Mom and Dad!" said Brock. Steve and Stefanie must be behind him.

"Honey, stay here ok? Your Dad and I will just talk with Viktor."

"Ok, Mom."

Steve, Stefanie and Viktor walked into a corner. Stefanie and Steve were obviously speaking their mind.

"What's up?" Viktor felt stupid asking that question.

"You know what, just be nice to Rachel. She may not be my biological sister but I've certainly treated her like one. She has been with us since her pregnancy until her kids are born. I saw how she suffered, don't make it all go down the drain. Don't you ever hurt her." said Steve.

"I'll make sure she gets the best of everything. I'll never hurt her." Viktor hoped it was enough to appease Rachel's sister and brother-in-law.

"Don't you mean you'll never hurt her again?" Stefanie's eyebrow rose.

"Look, Rachel and I had already talked about the past. Just let it go. We're fine now. Here, tell you what, I'll never hurt her again. I promise."

"Good. Don't commit the same mistake twice, Viktor."

Viktor was really not planning on hurting her again. He loves Rachel so he won't do that. However, he was not sure if Rachel agreed to marry him because she loves him.

They may have been married now but the boat was sure is still rocking. Later that night, Viktor finally caught up with Rachel. They badly needed some alone time after a day of craziness.

Viktor grabbed the microphone from the emcee,"Well, everyone, thank you all fro coming today. I hope you all had fun. I think my new wife and I will get going..." That earned him hollers from the guys. They knew honeymoon is coming.

He lead Rachel into a limo. They did not have to worry about the kids because Emma suggested that they sleep over with her.

"Where are we going, Viktor?"

"At home."

"What? We're not going on a honeymoon?"

"Can't wait to get me alone all by yourself, can't you, Rachel?" He added that with a cocky grin which made her blush.

"Uh... no."

"Sadly, babe, I've missed so much work day already in the past week, I can't miss much more. I'm sorry but I promise to make it up to you when the work allows me."

Rachel did not answer, instead she just stared at the window. "Rachel, is something up?"

"Viktor, I kind of have this uhmm... question that I've been wanting to ask you..."

"Ask away."

"What are your expectations from me? I mean I know this is not a normal marriage so what do you need?"

"What do you mean this is not a normal marriage? It is very much so. I expect you to do what every wife do. Run the household, take care of the kids and warm my bed."

"What!?"

"Yes Rachel, you will sleep in my bed every single night. We are married, there's nothing wrong with it. We are just exercising our rights as a married couple."
♠ ♠ ♠
Watcha think?