Status: Please give it a try and give me some feedbacks! :)

Look at Me

Chapter 6 - The Meeting

The door bell rang. "That must be Grandma, let's go get it." Rachel hurried into the door and open it to find her mother Cheryl, standing with a big smile on her face.

"How are my little angels?"

"Grandma!" said Oscar excitedly while throwing his hands into the air meaning he wants his Grandma to carry him which she did.

"Oh you are getting heavier now! You're a big boy now." Cheryl said as she pinched his tiny nose. "And you too," she looked to Alice which was standing beside her. He put Oscar down and carried Alice. " You're big girl now."

"Hi Mom," interjected Rachel.

"Hi honey, how are you feeling? Nervous? Excited?"

"A little bit of both..."

They all headed to the living room and continued their chit chat. "Everything will be fine, Rachel. You are a strong and smart woman. You will ace that interview. I didn't raise a weakling. Although I'll still love you anyways if you are but I know that you're not.

"Thanks for the pep talk Mom, but that's not really why I'm nervous. You know... about... him" She did not want to say Viktor's name in front of her kids. Their kids, actually.

"Oh I see. Oh come on, he's the CEO you won't run into him. Stop worrying."

"Ok Mom, see you later." she hugged her Mom and turned to her kids. "Alice, Oscar, I'm going now, give me a hug." they did and they said their goodbyes and good lucks. Rachel is ready.

Rachel entered a tall building downtown Minneapolis. She knew she was on the right place because at the entrance, there was a sign saying that the building is owned by HS GROUP. The building was very modern and classy. Obviously, they are making profits.

She headed to the receptionist. "Hi, I'm Rachel Harper"

"How may I help you today?" said the receptionist.

"I have an interview with Emma Spielberg today in about 15 minutes." The receptionist looked something to her computer and typed a few things.

"Oh yes. Ok, take the elevator and go to the 7th floor and her office number is 14 B." The receptionist gave her a rehearsed smile. She was obviously doing that every day.

"Thank you very much".

Rachel followed the instructions and approached an older lady who she assumed was Emma's assistant. "I have an interview with Miss. Spielberg and -"

"Rachel Harper, right?"

"Yes."

"Enter that door and Miss Spielberg is there right now. She's waiting for you." Pointing at a large door leading to a bigger office.

"Thank you."

The first thing she noticed was the woman who had the same hair colour as Viktor and is her eyes green too? She still remembered him after all these years, damn. Yes, she was definitely Viktor's sister. Her children's aunt. She looks like she's just a year or so younger than Rachel. How did she not meet Emma during her time with Viktor?

"Hi Rachel, of course you're pretty, Viktor would not settle for less." Her heart skipped a beat. What is she talking about. That's weird.

"Actually, Rachel, change of plans," she continued," I won't be interviewing you today, someone else is. Follow me."

What is happening? Emma lead her through the halls, the elevator and some more halls. They reached one of the upper floors where there was fewer doors which means bigger offices.

Emma knocked on the door. Rachel heard a familiar voice say "Come in". That was a very familiar voice. Before she knew it, Emma opened the door and she saw the man she was trying hard to avoid. She felt like her knees would stop working and she would fall to the floor. Maybe she would even melt into goo.

She studied him. His still dark blond hair was shorter than his boy-next-door college haircut she knew four years ago. His eyes were still sparkling green. She has a few days growth of beard which made him more... appealing. He was wearing an Armani suit, which was definitely tailored for him. His suit is hiding his larger body. She was sure he was still all muscles beneath the suit. Wait, what? Is she checking him out? After all that's happened between them, she was still feeling the attraction to him? "You are a crazy woman, Rachel... and also very screwed." She thought to herself.

Her kids! She's gotta think about them. She have to hide them and protect them from... him.

"Look who's back" Viktor directed towards Rachel. He looked at her from head to toe. She was wearing a skirt just above the knee. Her, upper body was definitely covered way too much y blouse and a suit. She was still a little conservative, just like the Rachel she knew. She was wearing a sexy pair of high heeled shoes which he was sure she would never ever wear four years ago. Her brown hair is straight and seemed longer now. He had an urge to run his hand through them and would they smell the same? The same smell that he liked from her? Her body seemed fuller now too, including her chest. Woah, stop now, Viktor. She'd left without saying a single words a few year ago. Lusting after her is not a good idea. One thing is certain for Viktor though, there was definitely a new found confidence within Rachel.

She was just a girl before, now she's a woman.

Emma sensed something was up. "Uhmm, I will leave you guys to it. It looks like you two know something that I don't so I'll leave you guys to catch up." That was the first time she saw her brother flushed and uncontrolled. She would definitely would not let him forget about it.

"Well, look who's come running back." He said with a sarcastic tone in his voice. He also had that smile. She could sense that he was mad at her. He had every reason to since she left without a word. She also had every reason to be mad at him so they're tied on that one. "But please, have a seat." pointing to the chair in front of his desk. She did so, but not because he said so but because her knees might give in soon.

"I am not here running back to you if that's what you think. I am here looking for a job. That is why it is a mystery to me why I am here in front of you instead of the human resources department interviewing me." Certainly, she developed a sharp tongue. Her experience taught her that.

"Do you realize that you are speaking to the CEO of this company and your employment is in my hands, you better treat me with respect."

"Respect? It's funny that's coming from you". She mumbled the last part since the stare of his eyes told her he was getting angry. So was she but she's not that brave.

"What the hell do you mean by that!?" She just insulted him in front of his face in his office for crying out loud. She definitely changed.

"Nothing... never mind. Please, I just want to be treated normally, like any other applicant. Just send me to the human resources and I'll be out of your face. Treat me normally. Please." She pleaded. She can't stop from talking back to him which might cause her the job so it's better for her if someone else will interview her.

He smiled "You know, it's hard to treat you like any other applicant here because you're the only one here that I've made love with." Her eyes popped and could not believed what she just heard. He was regaining his cool and was playing her. Damn him. He still had power over her.

She gave up. "So are you going to interview me or what?"

"You're hired. I saw your portfolio, it seemed ok. I really need a surveyor right now. I have no problem with that."

"That's it? You're not even going to ask me anything?"

"Are you seeing someone right now?" He felt like she played him before. Now it was his turn to do the same to her. She left without a word and he didn't like it.

"What?! That's not work related!"

"I knew you wouldn't answer that so I didn't bother. I just wanted you know, if you don't want to work with me or for me, you are welcome to leave right now.

She's not gonna let the opportunity slip away, she told herself. She didn't leave.

"I take it you wanted to work under me. Welcome to HS Group." He stoop up and offered his hand for a hand shake. Rachel was hesitant at first. It was just a business hand shake, Rachel. It was nothing.

She took it.

Both of them felt the electricity when their skins touched.
♠ ♠ ♠
They will finally meet again!