Sequel: Where?
Status: Read the edited, finished version at wattpad.com/zenki44

The Dog That Brought Them Together

Chapter 9

Jeremys POV-
Jessie got up, and pointed toward the bunks.
"I think i'm gonna head to sleep now." She said.
"Okay. See you in the morning then." I said.
'Night" Neil said, as they passed each other.
"Night, Neil." She said. Neil sat down next to me.

"So, Whats up?" Neil asked, eating a few leftover chicken wings.
"Not much." I said, flipping through some pictures of Zenki.
"Missing the pup?" He asked.
"Yeah, Little bit." I said, replying to a text. He nodded.

"I'm gonna head to bed." I said.
"Alright, I'll be in here." He said, Grabbing the PS4 controller. I climbed up in my bunk, and felt something touch my leg. I dropped back down, and opened Jessie's curtain.

"Hey. Whatcha doin." She asked.
"Nothin, Going to bed. Why."
"Do we have anymore blankets. I'm freezing." I realized it was pretty cold.
I went to search for some.

"Nope." I said, Pulling her curtain open. "Want one of mine?"
Just then the air cut on again, I heard Neil try to cut it off.
"Guys.. Um, The air is stuck on.." He yell whispered.
"Perfect." Jessie said, Curling up.
"Move over. I'm dying of cold now." I said, grabbing my blankets.

"No, Your sleeping in the back." She said, Getting up and shoving me to the back.
"Fine." I said, Climbing in the back.
"Guys, Shut up." Kevin said. "Why is it so god damn cold."
"Air is stuck on." Neil said, "Wide open.. Wanna split a bed Kev?" I heard Kevin get up, and move over to Neil's bunk. Then, I felt Jessie curl into my chest. Her teeth chattered, so i pulled her closer.

"Damn, Its freezing." Josh said. "How are you guys alive."
"Kev and Neil are bunking, Me and Jessie are bunking. I don't know how Shelnutt is doing it."

Jessies POV-
"Well, Alex gets a bunk mate. I'm not dying." Josh said, his teeth chattering. I heard him climb into Alex's bunk.

~An Hour and a half later~
I woke up, goose bumps covered me. I was freezing. Jeremy clung to my back, i could feel him shiver every couple minutes. I forced myself back to sleep, to make the cold less noticeable.

Jeremys POV-
~5 am~
I woke up, Cuddled up with Jessie. Suddenly, i realized i was hard.. I blushed like crazy, and backed away from her. After I calmed down, I resumed hugging her.
I checked my phone, just after 5. I decided to go back to sleep.

~7 am~
I woke up again, cuddling Jessie. I thanked god i wasn't hard again, and woke her up.
"Jess, Wake up." I squeezed her tighter.
"Huh?" She said sleepily. "Oh, God!" She said.
"What?" I said.
"Di- Did... How.. Get off me!" She said.
"Uh, What.." I said, taking my arms back.
"What the hell are you doing?" She said. "Wait.. Oh, Sorry.. Blurry vision."
"Oh.. Um," I said. She snuggled her face back into my chest. I hugged her.

"Why did you wake me up." She asked.
"We need to get up. Its past 7." I replied.
"Guys, Air is getting fixed in an hour." Kevin called.
"Good. Until then, Can we just lay here Jer?" She begged.
"Well, Lets move this show to the front." I said, She groaned. I wrapped all the blankets around her, and ushered her to the front. We piled on the couch and shared blankets.

Jessies POV-
"Did i scare you this morning?" Jeremy asked, staring at the TV, piled in blankets.
"Yeah, I didn't know who you were."
"Don't worry, i won't rape you." He joked.
"Best not." Neil replied. I laughed.
"Thanks for having my back, Neil." I said, Smiling.
"Anytime, Adorable." He said, heading into the bathroom, I blushed slightly.

"Alright, screw this, Were going to IHop." Jeremy said.
"Let me change first." I said, He nodded and headed outside.

"You realize were matching.. Right." He said, Pointing out our outfits. We both had on a blue shirt and jeans. I smiled, He shook his head, and started the car.

"What are you getting." He asked. I shrugged. "I'm gonna get... Um, Blueberry Pancakes." He decided and tossed the menu down. The waitress arrived.
"What can i get you two today?" She asked, staring at her notepad.
"Ill have a Cinnastack." I decided.
"Blueberr-" Jeremy began
"Pancakes, Alright, coming right up." She finished for him. Jeremy sat blankly for a second, then turned to me.

"So, Whats up."
"Getting the chill off me." I replied. He smiled.
"Yeah, Rough night." He said, Taking a sip of Coffee.
"That was mine." I giggled. He shook his head and grabbed the other cup.
"Sorry." He smiled.
"Ugh, Now mine has Jeremy germs in it." He picked up my cup and licked the rim. He put it down and pushed it toward me. "Thanks." I said, picking it up and drinking a few sips.

"Do my germs taste good." He joked. I nodded.
"Delicious." I said, just as the waitress came over and sat down our plates.
"Anything else?" She said.
"Um, Ref-" Jeremy started
"Refill, coming right up." She took Jeremy's glass.

Jeremy shook his head, and began to eat. She came back a few seconds later and sat down his cup.
She hurried off.

Neils POV-
"Man, Jer and Jess sure were snuggled up last night.." Kevin said.
"What do you think they did." Josh said, Smiling like crazy. Alex laughed.
"Nothing." I replied.
"Really, You believe that?" Alex asked, Still smiling.
"Yeah, I do." I replied.
"Look dude, your gonna have to face the fac-" Josh started
"Look dude, your gonna have to face the fact that they DIDN'T have sex!" I screamed, and headed into the bunks.
"NEIL'S IN LOVE WITH JESSIE!" They all screamed in unison.

"Huh?" a girl voice said. I shoved my face harder in my pillow. Someone shook me, and I looked up to see Jessie. We just kinda stared at each other for a few minutes. "Well.. Is it true?" She said.

"Maybe." I said, Blushing a little. I got up, and went to the bathroom.

Jessies POV-
~Twenty minutes later~
"I guess I should talk to him." I got up, and went to the bathroom door. I knocked slightly.
He didn't reply, so I guessed he was decent. I opened the door slightly. He sat with his head leaned against the sink.
"Neil." I started. "People like people.. Its life. I guess." I said. He smiled, and motioned for me to sit next to him. I took a turn and sat on his lap.

I sat on him for a good solid two minutes. He snuggled me, I could hear everyone outside debating if we had sex or not, Which we didn't.

"Um," He started uncomfortably. "Your gonna have to get up." I stared at him, slightly confused, But I got up anyways.
"Something wrong?" I asked. He fidgeted uncomfortably.
We heard some laughs from outside. The door flew open.
"HA! NEIL GOT A BO-" Josh, Alex, And Kevin started.
"SHUT UP!" Neil screamed.
"Sorry, didn't know that ment so much to ya." Kevin remarked. I shook my head, and slammed the door in their faces.
"I know you have something better to do." I called, I walked back over to Neil. He blushed and looked away.
"Look, That's normal.." I said. He looked at me.

"Can I try something real quick." He asked.
"Well.. What is it.." I asked, A bit nervous.
"I wont hurt you." He said.
"Well.. Fine then." I decided. He stared at the floor between us, then looked up, and grabbed me by the neck and pulled me closer. Then, He kissed me.
Kiss him back. So I kissed him back

He backed away, and looked at me.
Damn, How did I not realize how cute he was.
"Told you i wouldn't hurt you." He said, Smiling. I smiled back, and hugged him. "Well, Lets keep this between us."
"Alright." I agreed. He opened the door, and we stepped out.

Neil fell on the couch, Next to Kevin and Jeremy. Alex and Josh took up the entire table area.
"This seat taken?" I plopped down on Jeremy's lap.
"Nah." He responded. Neil looked at Jeremy out of the corner of his eye. I could tell he wasn't too happy about this.

Neils POV-
Why the fuck does Jeremy get every girl I like.
"Neil, Do you want something to eat?" Josh asked, staring at me.
"Uh, No." I responded. Josh shrugged and him, Alex, And Kevin piled out.

"So, Where are we now?" Jessie asked, looking between me and Jeremy.
"Somewhere in Texas, I think." Jeremy said, I agreed.

I tried to catch Jessie's eye, Finally I did. I patted the cushion between me and Jeremy. She bounced off his lap, and next to me.

Jessies POV-
~After Dinner~
"Jenny, No, God." I said, Answering a question of my friend Jenny's.
Jess, You've had a crush on Jeremy for like, 3 years. And Neil for like, a year and a half. Cmon, Which one do you want to date?
"Jenny, Just, Shut up."
Uh, Fine.
"Alright, Talk to ya." I hung up on her.

Jeremys POV-
"Who was that?" I asked, Looking at Jessie.
"Friend." She responded.
"What did they want." I furrowed an eye brow.
"Nosy." She replied, heading to the front. I sighed, as i began picking my blankets from hers, and making my bunk.

"'Sup." Neil said.
"Nothin." I replied.
"So, Uh, Rumor going around abou-"
"Save your breath. We didn't"
"Ok. I believe you. I didn't think you did in the first place."
"Mhm." I said, pushing my blankets into the back corner of my bunk.

"So.. What happened in the bathroom." I asked. He didn't respond at first, so i furrowed my eye brow.
"Nothing.."
"I don't think I believe you." I said.
"Well, We didn't. But, The guys were right, I did get a boner." He replied, turning pink.
"And Whys that?" I asked.
"I- I don't wanna talk about it." He said, getting up and going in the back lounge.

~Two hours later
"So Jer,"
"So Jess,"
"When are we heading back to Ocala?" She asked.
"Tomorrow."
"Kay. When will we get there."
"Day or two." I said, Looking up at her.

Jessies POV-
"Oka-" I was cut off by my phone ringing. I didn't know the number, but I answered anyways.
Jessie? Its your mom, I just... Want to apologize for kicking you out.. Me and your father are offering to pay all of your bills, Until we die and then you'll get our money anyways.
Jeremy looked at me, I probably had the most dumbfounded look on my face.

I knew it was my mother, she sounded exactly the same as when i'd gotten kicked out. But, Hey, I ain't gonna be her friend, but she can pay my high ass bills any day.
"Really? That would be so nice of you."
Except, I'm not paying your house note. That's still on you. Then she hung up.

I turned around and told Jeremy the whole story. I realized Neil had listened in as well.
"But, I mean, I can barely pay all my bills now. So its a relief. But, I won't be able to afford my house soon." I said, as Neil left.
"I have a guest room." Jeremy said.
"Really?"
"Sure. Why not." I let out an annoying squeak, And jumped onto Jeremy. We laughed in unison. He hugged me.

~12 AM~
Josh and Alex already went to bed, I was about to.
"Whelp, See ya tomorrow guys." Jeremy said, Walking off.
"Right behind ya." Kevin said, Leaping up and following him.

"Yeah, See you tomorrow Neil."
"It is tomorrow."
"Smartass." I said, He smiled at me.
"Alright, See ya."

~Sometime around 3 AM~
I felt someone get in next to me.
"Jer?" I whispered.
"Guess again." Someone whispered back, I probably looked like I was about to scream, A hand flew over my mouth. "Sh, Its Neil." He said. I took his hand off my mouth.
"Why are you in here."
"Alex threw his shit in my bunk, and i can't move it or ill wake up everyone."
"Gotcha, But, get in the back." I said, as i climbed over him, Keeping my head low.

"Why i gotta be in the back."
"I'm just that way." I said "Why didn't you go sleep with one of the guys."
"Jeremy snuggles, Josh pushes, Kevin has night terrors, Alex kicks." He said. "Oh, And I snore."
"Jeremy's nice when its cold." I joked.
"I could beat him." Neil said, Snuggling up to me.

"Now I'm hot." I whispered, And he backed away a bit.
"Told ya." I rolled my eyes.
"Night Neil."
"Night."

Jeremys POV-
~7AM~
I opened my curtain, Hopped out, slipped on a shirt, and went to Jessie's bunk. I peeked in her curtain, Neil was sprawled out next to her.
"Da Fuck." I half said half whispered. Jessie woke up and stared at me. She tugged Neil's shirt, and he woke up. "May I ask, Why?"

"No." Neil said, Sarcastically. Jessie rolled her eyes.
"Look in Neil's bunk and figure it out." She said, Rolling over, ramming her head into Neil's chest.
I went over, and looked in Neil's bunk. Alex's skateboard and some other bags were in the bunk. I shook my head and went off to find something to eat.

Neils POV-
Damn, I just slept with her.. God damnit, I'm hungry.
"Get out my way, Woman, I is starvin." I joked, Climbing over her. I was right over her, and i raised my head quickly, hitting my head on the top of the bunk.
"Fff- Oww." I collapsed on top of her.
"You okay" She asked, I nodded.

"Oh, Damn, Neil done ha-"
"Shut up, Kevin." Jessie snapped. Kevin walked away silently.
♠ ♠ ♠
It took all day (Litterallllyy) But its done now. So. Like it.