Frank Iero: The Owner's Guide and Maintenance Manual

Chapter Two: Settings

Settings

Your FRANK IERO unit is programmed with six different settings:

Happy (default)
Stage Persona (concert default)
Party Person (post-concert default; secondary default)
Calm
Crazy
Asleep

The Happy mode is the default setting of your FRANK IERO. He loves to be in a good mood and tries to make the best of any situation. While this occasionally means he will not take something seriously, he is also quite intelligent and will usually know when he needs to stop and listen. Sometimes a quick whack to the head with a lightweight object can get his attention if his intuition doesn’t kick in.

The Stage Persona setting is activated when FRANK IERO is anywhere near any concert or stage. We are pleased to say that all previous defects with the Stage Persona programming chip of this unit have been completely removed, so he will no longer act unusually at concerts. He will become very excited and start dancing around or try to stage dive (even when he is not on stage).

Your FRANK IERO will turn into a Party Person after most concerts. Similar to the Stage Persona setting, this setting will cause him to drink larger quantities of alcohol than he would at a concert. Be sure to watch this habit very closely; you don’t want to let it get out of control and have him act like the now-obsolete versions of the GERARD WAY unit.

The FRANK IERO will not become Calm unless the situation is very serious or he has not had his daily dose of energy drinks. If nothing significant has happened that you can understand, talk to him and try to get him to explain what could be wrong. He can occasionally become quite paranoid and introverted about things, and the only way to keep it from progressing is to talk to him and let him know you’re there to help.

When your FRANK IERO starts randomly dancing around and screeching song lyrics, do not be alarmed; he is simply burning off extra energy that has caused him to become Crazy. Be careful around him when he is like this, as he will be much more prone to violent acts and want to smash things. He can be returned to the Calm setting using a reasonable amount of bubblewrap as a distraction.

Unlike most other units, the FRANK IERO does not have a setting right before he progresses into Asleep mode. Rather, he will often be right in the middle of something and then suddenly collapse, usually on the floor. This is completely normal; simply pick him up and drag him towards the nearest padded surface. He will usually sleep for at least eight hours (he may require the included Stuffed Animal as a companion), and should never be awakened with a loud noise. This could easily make him Crazy.