‹ Prequel: Coming Home
Sequel: Seize the Day

Unholy Confessions

Almost Easy.

(Matt's POV)

It was so hard not to be around Marigold for these past few weeks let alone not even be in any contact with her. I sent text every now and then just to see how she was doing but of course she never responded. I looked around my room, noticing a picture of me and her stand out drastically. It made my stomach hurt just looking at it. My feelings for her were wrong and I seriously felt like an asshole for trying to get her and Zacky to break up but I just needed some sort of closure. I again decided to send her a simple text. I only hoped that she would respond this time.

Mattypooh: Hey.
Marigold<3: Hi.

When I saw the message, I was surprised she had replied back. Thinking of the next thing to say, I decided to make a bold move and ask her if she wanted to meet up at the park to talk. I knew things needed to be sorted out. I hestitated a moment before hitting send. She replied a few minutes later.

Marigold<3: Uh I guess? I'll meet you there in 20.
Mattypooh: K see you then.

I knew this was going to be my last chance to prove my case to her, I just hoped that she would understand.

(Marigold's POV)

I nervously waited for Matt to show up at the spot in the park. The sun was high in the sky, making it almost unbearable to even be outside. I felt a knot in my stomach as I watched people pass by and glance in my direction. I was scared that someone would see me and Matt talking. I honestly felt like I was actually sneaking around when I really wasn't. I suddenly saw Matt approaching from the corner of my eye. He looked really drained and run down to say the least.

He smirked slightly, giving me a half hug as we started towards the bushes where our secret spot was hidden. We sat down on a lone log and just stayed quiet. "So um I know I haven't seen you and I well..I miss you." Matt finally began, looking over at me. I sighed, shrugging. Here we go again. "I know. But don't you realize you hurt me? You tried to get Zacky to break up with me. What's wrong with you?" I felt the tears already start to swell up in my eyes. He just looked down at the ground sadly. "I know, I'm sorry. I said I'm sorry so many times already. I just wanted to see you ok? I wanted to have one last moment with you Mari. Because I know in the long run I'll never get this opportunity again. Especially once Zacky takes you from me for good." I just stood quiet and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I honestly don't see that happening Matt. Zacky's not ready for it. You guys are hitting the high point in your careers, there's no time for anything like that. Besides I know everybody has enough going on right now. I don't want to be away from you anymore. It just makes stuff worse." Matt turned and stared at me for a moment before resting his head against my chest. "I feel bad believe me I do but I just want this moment to happen with us one last time even it's just for a second. Please." I could feel the nauseous feeling rise in my stomach as I agreed to it.

I held onto him, feeling my heart thump against his body as he snuggled closer. Back in high school me and Matt used to sneak off during lunch detentions and come over here to the spot and do the exact same thing we were doing now. We would just relax and talk about our days until it would be almost time to go home. The guys would all meet up with us afterwards in the quad, Jimmy running a muck torturing the younger classmen while Brian and Zacky would argue over which girl liked who better while Matt and I would just sit back and watch everything happen around us. No one ever really thought about us being together, they just all assumed we were good friends because Val started showing up a bit. Only Matt did have feelings for me, just not the same ones that I had. I kept my heart open for Zacky. Even though I knew Matt's heart was in the right place, I just couldn't see it happening.

"Remember when we used to come here and we'd talk about everything?" I smiled lightly and looked down at him. He had his eyes closed, probably daydreaming. "Of course I do. We used to come here all the time. We used to get drunk afterschool sometimes and play hide and seek too until we got a ticket for trespassing." We both suddenly laughed loudly at the memory, bringing us both back to a certainly easier part in our lives. I kissed Matt's face softly, seeing his cheeks flush a bright shade of red. His dimples stuck our dramatically as he opened his eyes and smiled at me widely. "Wanna play a game of hide and seek like we used to? Then I promise we can go our separate ways." It had only been an hour that I had been here at the park with him, so I knew a little while longer wouldn't hurt. "Yeah but you have to count." Matt huffed but shut his eyes anyways and started to count while I quickly went to look for a place to hide from him. I hid in a thick bush that covered me almost completely.

"Matt? What are you doing here?" I suddenly heard a familiar voice call out to him. It was Val. Oh shit. "I came to just hangout. Why are you here Val? Seeing someone?" I listened closely to their conversation but still remained hidden in the bushes. I knew if she had seen me with Matt or even in the park at all she would probably have ran straight to Michelle who would tell Brian who would come and talk to me about it. They all knew that I was supposed to be away from Matt for a while, but at this given time I just didn't even care anymore. He was my best friend and there wasn't anything anyone could do about it. "Actually I just came here to see meet up with Gena. She had her baby, it's a boy. She named him after Zacky." A lump suddenly caught in my throat as I heard those words come from her mouth. Why the fuck would she name her son after him if it wasn't even his in the first place?!

"Really? But isn't the dad that one guy she was sleeping around with?" I couldn't bare to listen on any longer, but I decided to stick it out until the end anyways. "Honestly Gena doesn't know who the dad is. She just told Zack he wasn't the dad so he could be happy with Marigold and she told the other guy he was the dad so she could be happy with him. Vice versa you know? No one's seen the baby yet but according to her he looks a lot like Zacky." My heart dropped into my stomach and tears started to pour from my eyes. I had to get to the bottom of this once and for all, for the sake of our relationship.

Because if the baby did turn out to be Zacky's, I don't know if I could handle this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here's another update for you all! I know this one is probably just as short as the last, but I kinda wanted to post another filler to build up the suspense that's to be coming in the next chapter or so! I really hope you all haven't forgot about the story, and I appreciate all the feedback from you guys! I love you all! As always enjoy! :)