Status: working on it.

Feeling This...

03

“Charlie, is that you?” My mom quickly rushed the front door as I slammed it open, the door knob slamming against the wall behind it.
“Yeah mom, sorry,” I told her.
“When did you get so..strong,” she questioned almost looking nervous.
“Mom, I flung the door open, I didn't lift and carry my car over here,” I smiled at her.
“Are you hungry?” she led me to the kitchen.
“No I fixed a plate at Uncle Joe's” Even though I just ended up with a bun and a scoop of potato salad.
“Were those guys over there?” She questioned pulling two glasses out of the cabinet.
“Yeah, they are rude,”
“I don't want you over there when he has them over,” she turned to look at me, seriousness showing on her face.
“There just some assholes in a band,” I didn't know why I was trying to defend them.
“They are dangerous, and I don't want you around them!” she slapped her hand down on the counter, barley making a sound, “Just for once, do what I say!”
“Mom, what so dangerous about them?”
“It's just who they are,”
“Who are they?”
“Charlie, will you go get your dishes out of your room?” My dad came into the room out of no where, making his way over to my mom, pressing himself closer to her back. Almost like he was trying to hush her.
“What are you all keeping from me?!” I stood off my seat. Heat instantly rising in my body.
“Go get your dishes Charlotte,”
“No! Everyone has been keeping secrets ever since they came into town!”
“NOW!” my dad yelled, somehow not even bring nervousness to my body.
I couldn't see the reacting on his face because I was already out the front door.

No One's POV

Shortly after Charlie stormed out of the front door there was one knock on it before the door flew open.
“Joe,” The siblings acknowledged each other with a nod of the head.
“Where is Charlie?” he questioned looking around the living room of the house.
“She left Joe, she knows we are keeping something from her,” his sister's face tightened as she ran her hands through her hair, a family trait none of them realized they all did.
“That's why I'm here Abigaile,” Joe followed his sister into the kitchen where she began pouring two drinks, always trying to be the perfect Suzy home maker.
“How are you going to tell her anything about it, she hasn't even shifted yet!” The small woman eye's instantly became filled with tears.
“But why hasn't she Abby? No where is the history of history has this happened!” Joe's famous anger began to show, the anger Abby knew her daughter inherited.
“Why would I know anything about what is going on Joseph, I'm not a werewolf!”
“She was progressing nicely, and then BAM the summer we were sure it was going to happen, you took her on that road trip, and nothing happened! And nothing has since.”
The dark haired woman slapped her hands down, “And you think I had something to do with that?”
“Abby, you cried when you gave birth to her, and not because of happiness, because she was a GIRL! You knew she would be the next werewolf.”
“Don't you dare hold that over me!” the tears that had been building fell, “I just wanted a normal life, for me, for HER!” she began screaming. “But I didn't do anything to her Joe, I wouldn't even know where to start,”



“Hey Char, what are you doing back? Didn't you work lunch shift?” Jack's smiling face filled the room from behind a stack of dishes.
“Yeah, but the bbq didn't go quite as planned, so I took off” I shrugged taking my place beside him in the sink and began drying off plates.
“Okay, spill Charlie, something really had to go bad when you ditch a party with Avenged Sevenfold to come do dishes,”
I sighed, putting down the bowl I was holding.
“They are keeping something from me,”
“Well don't stop dishes,” he laughed, “What do you think they are keeping from you?” he suddenly became very interested in the pan he was holding.
“If I knew, I wouldn't be mad,” he didn't look up, just kept scrubbing a clean spot.
“I heard them talking the other night, I know they were talking about me,and tonight I kind of flipped out, and Matt stood up and literally tried to shut me up.”
“And what happened?” he kept his eyes down.
“What do you mean what happened? You know I don't take well to orders, I left.”
“And they just let you go?”
“Yeah they just let me go..” he still was cleaning that spot, “You know don't you?” there were those green eyes, leaving the pan for the first time.
“Know what?” his adams apple shook, like he was holding vomit in, word vomit.
“I'm not fucking around Jackson! What do you know?” he growled at his first name.
“I don't know anything?”he threw his soapy hands up.
“Jack, we've been friends our whole life, you're acting weird!”
“I'm not acting weird!” he began scrubbing the glass pan again.
“Since when have you cared about a pan?” I grabbed the pan out of his hand and dropped it on the floor, shattering it.
“What do you know!” I pushed him up against the wall behind us, heat instantly rising all over my body, sweat droplets forming. Jack was stronger than he looked because before I knew it my back was to the wall and his breath was pushing up against my ear.
“You know Charlie, you feel it now,” Everything became clear, I could smell the food cooking up front, the music in the bar so crystal I could hear every lyric. The wooden floor of my Uncle's hallway creaking under weight of whoever was walking on it.
“What do I know, just tell me!” I tried to push him back, but the heat just continued to rise.
“What are you two doing?!” Aunt Rachel's voice started buzzing in my ears when she burst into the kitchen, every molecule of my brain was screaming, and I became short of breath.
“Charlie? Are you okay?” I wasn't fine, but I couldn't say so because everything became black and finally my body cooled off.