The First Time I Caught A Glimpse of You

Chapter 5

Billie's P.O.V

That next day, I saw Sarah at school. I approached her, and she eyed me warily. I pulled her notebook out of the inside pocket of my jean jacket. Her eyes widened when she realized it was hers. The smirk on my face faded quickly when she jerked the blue book out of my hand.

"Wh-What?! Where the hell did you get this?!" She squeaked in irritation.

"In your locker. At Gilman." I replied nervously. I thought she was going to rip my head

"You shouldn't have been digging in my things, Armstrong! "What were you doing in my locker anyways?" She asked suspiciously.

"Nothing." I said innocently with the tiniest of smirks on my face.

She rolled her eyes and huffed in anger, and then stormed off.

"Your very welcome." I said with a laugh.

I heard her groan which made me giggle some more. The bell rang, signalling that I was once again late for first period. So I headed to class.

Sarah's P.O.V.

The nerve of that guy! Digging in my locker! Who the hell does he think he is?! What the hell was he looking for anyways?

My thoughts were soon interrupted by Mrs. Tate banging her ruler on my desk. I snapped to attention, and pulled out my notebook. I accidently pulled out the wrong one. I began to flip through its pages anyways. I came upon the pages that said 'Green Day' on the tops of them. I noticed something was written on them. The first page had their bassist's signature with a smiley face on it. The second page had a lot more than a signature. Armstrong had written what appeared to be a song. As I read the lyrics, I became enraged.

What a fucking jerk! He writes a song in my notebook! And it's not even for me! What the fuck was he thinking?! He could at least have been a little more considerate!

I read the lyrics a couple more times. The song was actually quite pretty.

Wow. This songs really great........Ugh, the nerve of him! But what if it was really for me? Who the hell am I kidding?

I was once again snapped out of my thoughts, but this time by the bell. I was the last one out of class. The teacher glared at me as I walked to my locker. I opened it, put away my things, and shut it. When I closed it there was someone standing next to me. I jumped in surprise. It was Mike from Green Day. I stared at him in pure confusion.

"You must be Sarah." He said, almost to himself.

"Yeah." I replied in slight annoyance.

"Hmph."<h3>Was all he said with a smile.

He walked off, and left me standing there in even more confusion than he had when he had arrived. I furrowed my brows and walked to the courtyard. I found my brother sitting with his usual group of friends. They all harrassed me as their way of saying hello. Tod thought something was wrong because I usually didn't go see him until recess after second period. I told Tod about what Armstrong did, and asked him why he did so. Tod chuckled and told me to ask him myself. I punched him in the arm and walked off.

LATER Billie Joe's P.O.V.

Wonder if she read the song I wrote for her. I hope she wasn't too mad about me borrowing her notebook. She looks really pretty today. Well, she always does. Hmm, wonder where she's going.

I decided that if I was going to get to know Sarah, that I'd have to do it the right way. I'd have to come up with a plan to talk to her alone, where she wouldn't feel vunerable, but somewhere where she wouldn't kill me.