The First Time I Caught A Glimpse of You

Chapter 6

Billie Joe's P.O.V.

It was the night Tre' had agreed to play with us. Mike and I had given him everything he needed to learn for the show. We had practiced with him a few times. There was really no need to though. He was that good.

We arrived early. I noticed that Tre' seemed a bit uneasy. He said it was because he was afraid that everyone would flip when they saw him playing for Green Day since everyone loved John. Mike and I reassured him that everything would go great. To be honest, I was a bit nervous myself. Since we were early, we all sat at a table and ordered some drinks. Our waitress turned out to be Sarah. She walked over to our table and began asking us what we wanted, but stopped suddenly. She had a look of pure disgust on her face. God, she's cute when she makes that face.She rolled her eyes, and then continued with her job. We all ordered water. As soon as she wrote it down, she stormed off. I guess she was still pissed about the notebook. After she came back with our waters, we drank up then went back stage to set up. Crimpshine was about done with their set.

Sarah's P.O.V.

What the fuck is he doing here?! He was the last person I wanted to see. I was having a good night too. Why the hell does he bother me so much, I thought to myself as I picked up the glasses off of their table. I was trying my hardest not to look over at the stage. I had to when I heard something that some how seemed familiar.

Oh great, he's playing 'Only of You'.

I rolled my eyes and began to walk away. I turned and headed toward the back with the dishes, but I stopped. I just had this weird feeling. So, I had to turn back around.

What the hell is he staring at? His eyes are so beautiful. I watched Billie Joe play for the first time. I had always heard their music from the back of gilman.

"Hey Sarah, stop undressing Billie Joe with your eyes, and get to work." Tod cracked when he tapped my shoulder.

"What?! I was not undressing him with my eyes!"<h3> I yelled in disgust. Tod spit out his drink from laughing so hard. He walked away just before I could slap him. I went back to the bar and started cleaning. I noticed that Green Day sounded a lot better tonight than usual. I checked to see if John had gotten a new set, but saw someone else playing instead. It was Tre' Cool from The Lookouts! I was really amazed. I decided that I'd take an early break to go watch the rest of the show since we weren't busy. I went and stood toward the back of the crowd. During the middle of their cover of 'Knowledge', Mike's string broke. He was screaming the craziest obscenities that I had ever heard. He didn't have any strings with him, so I ran to my locker and rummaged through some things until I found some bass strings. I usually kept extra strings and pics in my locker incase something like this happened. I hurried and ran to the stage and yelled for Mike. He ran over smiling like crazy, and grabbed me by the waist. He swung me around and kissed me on the cheek. He was so excited, and I was so shocked. I looked at Billie Joe with wide eyes. He looked a little pissed. I looked into the audience; I saw Tod and Tim laughing their asses off. I blushed and ran off the stage, and went to watch the rest of the show. It went great. I think everyone liked Tre' better than John.

Billie Joe's P.O.V.

After the Show

After the show, which went extremely well in my opinion, people were buzzing about how much they liked our sound better with Tre'. Mike and I wanted Tre' to stay with the band. He said he'd think about it, which was basically a yes. More and more people were coming up to us, but I was interested in finding Sarah. I got up from our table and walked around the place. I ran into Tod. He was laughing and he motioned for me to come over.

"Hey Billie, great show." He said.

"Thanks man." I replied shaking his hand.

"Yeah, I uh think my little sister was undressing you with her eyes." He started laughing really hard.

Apparently she heard him, and she walked off almost in tears of embarrassment. I followed her out back. She was sitting up against one of the dumpsters crying. I sat down next to her. She look at me and rolled her eyes.

"What do you wan't, Armstrong?" She spat in between sobs.
"
Its okay if you really were undressing me with your eyes. I don't mind." I said trying to lighten the mood. She tried not to laugh.

"Armstrong, you are so fucking distgusting. And on top of that, you're an ass hole." She finally managed to say.

I laughed a bit at her stubborness. Tod walked out the door. He tried talking to her, but she told him to "Shut the fuck up." She seemed pretty pissed. He told her they'd talk about it later. Trying to break the akwardness, I asked if she enjoyed the show. She huffed and rolled her eyes.

"I'll take that as a yes." I stated knowing it would rile her up. She huffed again, and tried to walk off. I grabbed her arm. "And where do you think you're going?" I asked slyly.

"Away from you. That's for sure." She spat trying not to blush.

"Don't think I didn't notice you staring earlier." I said.

"I was obviously staring in disgust." She replied.

"Didn't look that way to me." I said.

She went to say something, but was interrupted.

"Hey Sarah, let's go!" Tod sparked.

I let go of Sarah. She walked off to meet up with Tod. Our whole conversation didn't go as planned. Not that I'm sure what the plan was.