Stolen Serenity

Sandy Serenades

"I think you scared it away," she smiled as she closed her eyes, laying in the comforting sand and sun. It wasn't all that bad to have Sora holding onto her either.

"I did?" Sora asked, but soon changing his tone. "I mean, of course I did!"

He puffed out his chest as he crossed his arms over his chest. "No one messes with my Serenity!"

She smiled at this. My Serenity. She liked the ring to it.

"No one messes with my Sora, either!" Serenity poked him in the chest as if hitting a button, his chest deflating instantly. He glanced down at her in the sand.

"What is it?" she asked as she noticed his... traveling eyes.

"Nothing," he blushed. "You just look very comfortable."

"I am," she smiled. "Maybe you should try it."

She pulled him down into the sand beside her, and he rolled onto his back, staring up at the sky. The sun was hidden behind a large and white fluffy cloud, making it possible for them to look around without squinting.

They laid in silence for what seemed like ages, but it was a relaxing silence. The caws of seagulls filled their ears as the water rushed up to the shore a few feet away from them. The swish and sway of the palm trees above them calmed her, forcing her eyes to close as she balanced on the line of consciousness and sleep.

"Hey Serenity?" Sora asked, breaking the silence and her balance on that line.

"Yes?" Serenity answered as she turned her face to him. To her surprise, he had already been looking at her. But for how long had he? A smile was drawn across his face as he stared down into her eyes.

"I don't know how to say this," he began as he started to tense. She could feel the shift in sand beside her and could tell he was going to say something that he was having difficulty with, so she opened her ears to him as much as she could.

"Go on," she whispered to him.

"I..." he started. "I-I think.. I'm in..."

He stopped, looking up at the sky as the sun began to peek through the clouds.

"Nevermind," he said as he closed his eyes.

"What is it?" Serenity questioned curiously as she propped herself up in the sand and leaned over him, gazing at his eyelids that hid the eyes she longed to see so much.

"Tell me," she whispered as she leaned into his ear. Her senses easily picked up his heartbeat and her head laid subconsciously onto his chest.

Sora slightly jumped, obviously startled by this act. "Serenity..."

"Mhm?" she hummed as the drumming beat of his heart filled her ears like an angelic melody.

Without saying a single word, Sora began to gently run his fingers through her hair. Serenity easily could feel the sudden quicken in pace of his heart, it was beating rapidly in his chest as if it where about to flutter out and fly away like a bird.

His stroking soothed her, and her eyes closed. She began to feel at peace as she laid against his chest, breathing in the salty ocean smell that lingered on him. She smiled into his chest as he breathed in and out, in and out... moving her along with the rhythm.

"I can feel you," he suddenly spoke. "I can feel you smiling."

She smiled even wider at this, she couldn't help it.

"Stop it!" he teased as he tugged on a few strands of her hair. "It tickles."

"Oh," she suddenly lifted herself off his chest and looked at him. "You're ticklish now, are you?"

Sora didn't have time to protest because the second he opened his mouth to speak, it was instead of laughter and not words. Serenity's fingers moved across his ribs and sides as she climbed over him, sending goosebumps all over him as he laughed, tears escaping his eyes.

"Stop! Stop!" he managed to spit out in between breaths and fits of laughter. "I beg you!"

"What's the magic word?" Serenity giggled as she tickled him faster, making his legs kick and flail underneath her body.

"Please!" he shouted as an eruption of laughter escaped him. "Please stop! I'll do anything!"

The tickling stopped instantly. "Anything, you say?"

"Oh no, what did I get myself into?" he laughed as he clutched his sides. "I take it back! I take it back!"

"Well, in that case..." Serenity pinned him down into the sand, she held his arms down tightly. "You can agree to do anything... or I can tickle you until you turn blue in the face and you pee your pants."

"I deny them both!" he shouted to her and he sat up and flipped her over into the sand. "You shall be the one choosing."

"What!?" she shrieked, bewildered by what he had just done. She should have seen it coming sooner or later, but she was caught up in the moment of having him to her full advantage. "I won't agree to either of those!"

"As you wish," Sora simply said as he began to tickle her sides. At first, Serenity had no reaction but to stare at him as if he was doing it wrong. But as the confused look crossed Sora's face, a grin spread across Serenity's and burst out into a fit of laughter,

"Stop!" she laughed as he tickled her to near death.

"Ohohoho? Who's begging who now?" he chuckled as he tickled her stomach, her weakest spot.

"Alright! I give! I give!" she exclaimed as the laughter washed over her, almost to the point where her bladder was going to explode. "I'll do anything, please stop!"

"That's a good girl," he grinned as he laid his hands down on either side of her head and gazed down into her eyes.

"Whoooaa," she expressed, his intentions finally becoming clear to her. "When I said anything... I-"

"Meant you'd do anything?" he smirked as he leaned closer to her, almost closing in all the space between them. She tried to move her legs out from under him, but his knee pinned one of them down into the sand, leaving her helpless.

"Sora," she groaned as she looked up at him, their eyes locking.

"Serenity," he mockingly groaned in the same tone as he lowered his lips to hers, lingering them above ever so teasingly. Her lips reacted as he moved his over hers, and she leaned up to close the remaining space, but she was denied by his finger pressing her head back down into the sand.

"Tsk, tsk," he chimed as he searched her eyes. "What are you trying to do Serenity?"

"Nothing," she blushed as she moved her attention to the sand that stretched on eternity beside them. She couldn't bare this any longer, him teasing her like this.

"Serenity," he whispered, her eyes glancing back into his for a split second, but she found she had the most difficulty looking away.

"Yes?" she spoke as he lowered his chest down onto hers. Her skin was immediately covered in chills and her hairs stood straight up by the feeling of trapped butterflies, fluttering around in her stomach.

"I know what I want you to do," he smiled and they closed their eyes in unison.